The Source Employee Reviews

Absolutely The Worst Management Position Ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 22, 2016
Very poor communication and training for new managers. Extremely high expectations of staff and management on the sales floor. High commission sales pressure position. Sales and commission sales must be reported daily and goals achieved. High school like attitudes when those goals are not met. Very poor communication skills by most upper management. Overall not a place I'd recommend to work unless you can handle bull garbage and backstabbing.
Pros
Some discounts on items although not great
Cons
Way to many to list but #1 is upper management
Fun and high technology place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2016
Our days were filled with customers with technology, computer or cellphone concerns or requirements. I learned a lot of stuff about electronic, computer and cellphone technology. Management was okay. My co-workers were okay. Hardest part about the job was keeping up with new technology. Everyday was enjoyable at The Source.
Pros
High technology education
Cons
Low wages.
fun but high pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  square oneApril 29, 2016
i really do enjoy working at the source and i love the customer service aspect of the job like, uncovering needs, helping the customer satisfy there wants with high amount of product knowledge, but the high amount of pressure that is given to sell a phone service/phone when a customer walks in the store for an unrelated product makes me feel nervous at times. Also when the unsuccessful cross over from product to phone conversation happens you manager gives the, "what happened" eyes. overall disregarding the pressure i really enjoy helping customers with consumer electronics.
Pros
customer related experience
Cons
high load of pressure
fun workplace great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SKJuly 11, 2016
would help customers where needed, would activate phone contracts able to multi task and the coworkers were very helpful when needed. the thing i most enjoyed was opening and closing the store, it gave me a good feeling that i was learning at a quicker speed.
Cons
not enough hours
Great work place, management is too pushy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 27, 2016
Great co workers, gained lots of experience, their training is really good as well. However the high up management is extremely pushy on staff to sell sell sell. It was a great job before they changed the pay structure to include commission and incentives.
Learning Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
I enjoy the personal interaction with the customers/members and assisting them with their banking needs.
I was also doing meeting arrangements with catering, which i enjoyed doing very much.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Too Far
Entertaining and tec savvy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABJune 25, 2016
Enjoyed being part of the team, up selling customers, fixing basic customer electronic issues, hardest part was probably the slow days when all the work was done, learned a bit about computers and cell phones
Decent place to work, though few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at the source very much. The East coast cell phone market though is really over saturated and you essentially make your money selling cell phone and tablet contracts. They promised me 40 hrs a week I was lucky to get 8.... that's where it hit me hard... you can't pay the bills on minimum wage for 8 hours a week.
Pros
30% off of your Bell services and great benefits if you work full time at 6 months, management is very skilled and super nice
Cons
Few hours and minimum wage for floor sales plus commission - you really have to hussle your sales
Not what it used to be
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONSeptember 4, 2016
This was a great company to work for before Bell took it over. The focus used to be on helping the customer find what they are looking for but now it's all about doing one thing, Selling Cell Phones.
Good wireless training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCApril 28, 2016
Worked for The Source for 8 years. Until one day I was told we have to let you go due to a business decision. Sad to say but the company does not stand by their staff.
Pros
Cellular discount
Cons
Company does not stand by their staff.Lack of training.Poor upper management.
Splended
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ONSeptember 22, 2016
long, how to cell phones, can be unorganized - who isn't at times, co workers are great, some customers can be difficult - again who isn't at times, the environment
benefits
Cons
shift changes without notice
Poor support from upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 11, 2016
Avoid like the plague. No work life balance, constant changing of company focus. Just don't. The company is schizophrenic. I give it two years. Stores have no stock and it's impossible to do everything they expect in a day. You do management duties without the pay.
Gotta love the retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2016
It was fun working for the company, while it lasted. The company decided to close a lot of their stores down, however luckily enough I was able to transfer.
Extremely positive retail company with emphasis on sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2016
I learned how to sell here, with great managers and supervisors to train you throughout the process. I loved working at The Source.
Fun and Enjoyable
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABSeptember 8, 2016
-Management was encouraging
-Enjoyed my co-workers
-Job position training was very detailed
-Working with customers and helping them with their needs
Friendly and competitive work environment
Sales associate seasonal (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 21, 2016
Very friendly and positive work environment.
Cooperative and supportive management.
Learn t lot of things which really give good start to my carrier.
It was okay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 7, 2016
It was a good place to help me be good at customer service, I worked with really fantastic people. Didn't feel like I could move on p in the company like I had desired. Didn't feel appreciated with my work.
Pros
Phone bill discount
Cons
Unable to move up ladder.
Apologies
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 28, 2016
It seems Indeed auto populated two duplicate positions. This is simply to reach the word count necessary to continue developing my profile.
Pros
Accidental
Cons
Hopefully I can delete at some point in this process
Just save yourself from the company, and don't bother
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 14, 2016
Awful upper management, awful pay, cutthroat tactics encouraged to keep your job.
"Commission" plus minimum wage offered. Commission is generally only earned by one or two people out of a ten-plus member sales team due to the minimum sales amount to earn the commission bracket.

Spiff: The flat dollar amount you earn for selling something, generally Cellular. This is why you walk into a store and the pressure is on to have a new cell phone crammed down your throat. They generally don't care what you want, they want to move Core units (New activation on cellular) or sell whatever earns the most Spiff.

The company is owned by Bell, and they utilize it as an avenue for moving cellular at the expense of customer service or support for ANY of the heaps of other stuff they sell because that will not earn you anything.

There is a report called the 90 day, that ranks employees vs every other employee in the district. You have a multitude of metrics to be judged on, and that is it; nothing else matters in the business.
Pros
Cheep cell bills
Cons
Poor wage, high pressure, cutthroat, no culture, no loyalty to their employees
an ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 21, 2016
you can make good money at the source but the demand placed on you to sell phones is a bit much . if you like to sell phones and are a good salesman you should be fine
Pros
spiffs
Cons
pressured to sell phones