The Source Employee Reviews

Great Work environment.
Wellington Street, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 July 2017
The Source was a great place to develop sales skills and the commission rate was good. Management was very flexible and capable of handing ny issues that came up.
Not a good permanent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB19 July 2017
Poor hours. Minimum wage. Commission only worth it if you get someone to sign up for a phone contract. No management support. Had a coworker basically backstab me out of the store and got no support from management
Environment plaisant
Store manager (Current Employee) –  QC18 July 2017
Un environement de travail plaisant avec de tres bon benefices.
Pros
Plans REER et benefices sociaux interessants
Cons
Beaucoup de pression pendant les jours off
fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Excellent opportunity for those interested in furthering their career in telecommunications industry. Would encourage college students to apply. With commissions you can be taking home a ft pay check every two weeks.
Pros
Benefits for part timers
Cons
Aggressive sales targets.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON9 July 2017
a typical day at work is been on the sales floor talking to customers, dusting and organizing stock.
i have learned from this job to be patient.
management overall is not good, in 2 years i had 5 different managers. which half of them were ok or didnt care about the job and didnt encourage us to do better.
the hardest part about the job is trying to make your quota in a month.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck and that you can have fun while working.
Pros
fun while work, nice pay
Cons
management
Good job for someone who is starting in the retail and phone industry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 July 2017
if you are looking for part time job this might be a good fit. I was working 5 hours a every day which it was extremely annoying. Manager usually don't give anyone more than 5 hours a day.
Pros
good commission
Cons
very few hours and opportunities to grow
A Little Rocky but Great Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2017
I was Brought in as a temp for the summer at a location by one manager and by the time i went in for my first shift the manager that hired me got moved to a different location, and I wound up getting trained by one of the associates at his own volition. Outside of the management shuffles that occurred it was pretty good.
Pros
Great Pay Structure
Cons
Management unsteady
Great job for active minds and problem solvers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON28 June 2017
I really enjoy working for The Source. I've been a technologically savy all my life and I am able to transfer my interests and skills into my work very easily.
Nice place and fun to work in, need a desire to sell
2nd key holder and head sales associate (Former Employee) –  Campbellton, NB22 June 2017
Good experience, company pushes to be a successful sales associate, some may view as electronic store but it is more in depth then so. Overall great time working for the company would recommend.
A company with good intentions, poor leadership.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
The Source says the the right things, however to obsessed over Bell residential subscription sales. In a declining market where customers are cutting the TV cord, The Source is increasing targets to unrealistic goals.
Little focus on the customer satisfaction piece, however they do have very loyal customers on the wireless side of the business.
The senior leaders and executives are well experienced however uses old tactics for development and accountability.They seriously need to understand how to inspire and retain talent in 2017.One size does not fit all approach from the 90's will not work today.
Fantastic Call center for support and customer service, if only the retail side can figure this piece out. However they probably do not care, as long as their Bell subscription sales are met.Very short sighted.
Overall they need to pay attention to the customer experience and respect the customer journey. Be very good at giving the customer a reason to buy Consumer Electronics in the moment they are in store and create an emotional connection to make them return.The idea of these locations out selling their Bell Branded brother stores, should not be the goal or the objective. This is not the right model as customers will then not identify you as a destination place for what they really want.They will then keep shopping on Amazon.
Pros
Great employee discounts
Cons
Unrealistic targets
Fun workplace with lots of confusion.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB20 June 2017
I had a blast working at the Source. Of course you will have your off days with customers but at the end of the day you were kept busy with the amount of new tech always coming in to learn about and teach customers. Issues with the workplace have to be how they changed the manager 3 times in a very short amount of time, and the fact that every manager got worse as they kept switching them. One of the biggest issues was the lack of knowledge management had, or the lack of care they would put into solving an issue. Most things were ignored and we had to carry a heavier work load near the end of my days there because the new manager knew nothing about tech or phones (those are the 2 things you should really know working at The Source.) Before I left, we were all on a "PIP" which is a way to make sure you are meeting your quota in all areas or you will get a strike, and sooner later get let go. I still talk to the workers there because some of them are my friends and they say they are still on the PIP. They are only supposed to last 3 months, not half a year. From my understanding of what one of the associates told me, the DM forgot about the PIP's.
Pros
First look at new tech before out on shelves
Cons
Desperate need of reno's (kids have peed on the carpet)
fun place for IT students
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
A typical day at the source, is sell, sell ,sell and sell phones! you if you love to talk about technology and want to spread the love of tech and how it can improve your life, then this is the place to work. staff and management was great. it felt like a small family working there. the hardest parts of this job would be dealing the customers who are unfamiliar with a product and claim its broken even though its a simple fix that the customer does not understand. the best part is have the advantage of seeing all the new tech before anyone else, especially with cell phones.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pressure to sell phones
Medium pay, flexible hours, good culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 June 2017
The Source was a fun environment to work in. Though the pay wasn't amazing the hours were flexible, the culture was good and the job security was there.
Great place to work depending on the location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL and St. John's NL8 June 2017
I worked in my first location and it was great. My coworkers were enjoyable and manager was easy to get along with. Instructions for day to day activities and rules in the company were explained well. I worked in my second location and it wasn't so great. My coworkers didn't seem to enjoy their jobs and my manager was unprofessional and didn't seem to care about customers. My experience with the company overall makes me think there is some good and bad depending on who you work with.
Sales perspective
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia8 June 2017
Mediocre atmosphere depending who you are assigned to work with, friendly staff. It is a business afterall, but afterall it is the source, not a dire straits mobile company. Even though it is gratifying helping a customer find their desired product or recommend a top tier item to make their day, at the end of the day on paper the companies stance is something as I described but merely words with no genuine foundation. It is easy to say things that flow down to lower levels amongst the company which sound nice, but in reality Bell really seems to only focus on mobile sales and generic cross selling, it is out of the store level mangers hands as they just do what they are then told. If you are happy with trying to push a phone onto every single customer that comes in than maybe this is for you, if you are interested in just selling people good products they wish for and recommend the best ideas to fit their description of what they would like to purchase than that is not enough to succeed in this company as Bells upper management seems to single handedly care about cell phone sales. The general employees are well educated with electronics which is beneficial at a customer level but does not save you from scrutiny amongst upper level mangement as said before, which is Bell related.
Pros
Positive coworkers, new electronics, customer satisfaction, making someones day with a good product.
Cons
Ominous scrutiny in regards to mobile sales, generic pushy cross selling, little job security if any. All or nothing management mentality, mostly top to down resulting in superficial scripted feedback.
Ability to make a decent wage is there if you push hard to sell but..
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Little room for advancement without selling a portion of your soul. I would recommend as a temporary job while looking for more career opportunities as most managers only care about results with little care for the what the customer really wants... they will push their house brand products even though they are junk because the mark ups are huge.
Pros
Can definately be a fun environment at times.
Cons
Even if you do good they say you can do better.
seasonal sales
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB2 June 2017
most of the beginning was all online work, module 1,2,3 etc, merchandising displays, opening and bringing out new inventory, answering questions about certain product knowledge, giving direction on how to use a product or the differences
Pros
nice discounts, great work team
Cons
its cold in alberta, long standing periods on sales floor
Fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2017
Friendly atmosphere. I loved working as a team as well as individual. Most enjoyable part was achieving the goals as it was commission based job. Hardest part was coping with the job and study together.
No room for advancment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 May 2017
Working for the source is like being in high school all over again. Only the "popular" people get good treatment from management. the commission system is not worth the effort to sell.
Profitable employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2017
A lot of opportunities to make good money, a bit of a boys club because of all the technology so it's difficult to break into as a girl. Owned by Bell so selling services not just goods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.