The Source Employee Reviews

Customer Sales Representative
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
If you like working in the retail environment and love sales this is the job for you.

Management is very clear and fair.

There are also perks to the job when you become an employee.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 October 2017
I worked with some great people and enjoyed what I did there. Electronics sales is a fast paced and rewarding field. I enjoyed learning about the products I sold.
Fun Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 October 2017
A ton of room to grow within the organization. A great place to work. Always was treated with respect from my leaders. You can earn a lot of extra income based on their commission structure.
more work, less recognition
Sales Associate - Wireless Expert - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  British Columbia2 October 2017
you do alot of work in the company, yes you work on commissiom, but there is virtually no chance of you getting your hourly wage up. they also seem to care more about phone sales then if the associates are actually feeling well sometimes. yes even as a part timer you can get benefits but you have to maintain a certain amount hours per week to keep them. management should really look more into how their relationship with the people that work in the stores to be honest
Pros
commission and spiffs
Cons
long hours little pay
Learn to work better not harder
E-Commerce Onboarding Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2017
A typical day includes time management and multitasking, for my current position with multiple interruptions. I have learned more programs, more about the type of management team I work well with and about multiple products. The management team varies, there are some key members that are essential to every day, the overall management style is more devoted to do what I say not what I do mentality. The most difficult part of my job, is maintain the quality of work, when some of the focus driven areas are more about quantity. Seeing my finished progress and hard work visible to all customers, seeing the reports come back knowing I satisfied that customer.
Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
Fun place to work at. Was hired as only a seasonal employee. Colleagues were cool. Area was quiet but can get busy. Would work there again but full-time.
overall culture is good
Dual Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 September 2017
overall company culture is good, management is very supportive, most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to interact with lots of new people everyday.
Typical retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2017
Typical retail, Sell and earn a commission. Position was seasonal so I was let go unexpectedly after the Christmas sales. Manager the DB is really hardworking man and treats the store like his own( in a positive way)
Pros
Employee benefit
Cons
N/a
Source
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
Extremely fast paced company where you need to be a master of cross selling and have a passion for emerging tech. The most enjoyable part is seeing the tehnology first hand and helping customers see how it can change there day to day lives
very under appriciated
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 September 2017
worked for source for 2 years i would never recommend anyone that is trying to get a career job in to this company but hey if you are in uni and you need a part time job and sharpen up your ability to sell something than its a good place to start.

Want to know more about The Source?

Ask a question
good job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK22 August 2017
I enjoyed being employed at this location because I take pride in learning about the products the store sells and learning about them so I can use those skills to help customers find what they need to my best ability.
Pros
I like the field
Cons
Seasonal work
A great place to work with lots of room to make commission.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 August 2017
A typical day is spent serving customers coming into your store. Each store is typically pretty busy which allows for a great opportunity to earn commission.
Pros
Commission, Discounts, Advancement
Cons
Work Life Balance
Productive, safe, and fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON18 August 2017
I really enjoyed working here for my seasonal position and would be more than happy to take up a full time position in the future. The people who I worked with were always nice and supportive. We always got our work done and were able to have a calm, stress free environment!
Pros
Great people, decent hours, easy to get the hang of
Seasonal Position - during Christmas season
Customer Service Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
Thankful for this opportunity. I did my best to use my knowledge of electronics to help my customers find a suitable product for their needs, if I was unsure I would ask my coworkers for their recommendations or do additional research.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Limited time period for training
Decent work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 August 2017
The source provides a really good work environment however is not for people that are not good in sales. The job forces you to sell, and although this may be a bonus to some (given that you get good commission) to those that do not see themselves consistently trying to turn people over to bell this job is probably not for you.
Pros
good corporate plan for cell and home services
Cons
management and corporate culture
Chew them up and spit them out
Manager (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB27 July 2017
Unless you are a sucker for punishment don't waste your time. As soon as you mess up they go for the throat accusing you of not taking the job seriously. If your numbers are good then you're okay but if you miss then your gonna get it. Don't waste your time
Pros
Cons
Nobody actually cares about you.
Fun and fulfilling work place, confident and pleased with working there!
Seasonal Sales Associate for the Winter Season (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 July 2017
-Effectively communicate with customers and meet customers needs
-How to handle shipments, refunds
-Learn how to react in several emergency situations
Pros
Free Lunches, Friendly Staff
Cons
Long hours (12+
Great Work environment.
Wellington Street, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 July 2017
The Source was a great place to develop sales skills and the commission rate was good. Management was very flexible and capable of handing ny issues that came up.
Not a good permanent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB19 July 2017
Poor hours. Minimum wage. Commission only worth it if you get someone to sign up for a phone contract. No management support. Had a coworker basically backstab me out of the store and got no support from management
Environment plaisant
Store manager (Current Employee) –  QC18 July 2017
Un environement de travail plaisant avec de tres bon benefices.
Pros
Plans REER et benefices sociaux interessants
Cons
Beaucoup de pression pendant les jours off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.