The Source

The Source Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sexist and transphobic boss
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 17, 2014
Cons: sexist, transphobic, unfair
Sexist & transphobic boss. Did not let me work the cash at all, confined me to back room as a stockperson when my job title was sales rep. Did not let me know about tests, did not get me proper clothing when all other new employees got their clothing in less than a week.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 26, 2014
it was fun and knowledge of product was very helpful. always something new to learn
Just a lot of fun to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: makes extra money with selling warranties.
Cons: can be slow at times.
There's never a dull moment working at the Source. Staff is very helpful and management is great to work for.
Fun and friendly environment
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: sales pressure
We sell Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile services. Our day mostly consists of selling the wireless services. We have extensive knowledge about the electronics and latest technologies and devices. The hardest part of the work gathering information from customers in order to provide the best deal we have. Customers usually hesitant about talking and discussing – more... what they have. I learned how to make sales effectively and satisfy our customers. – less
If you can avoid working here you'll be a happier person
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Where to start? You being working there excited for the opportunity to work with people and help customers and are told that you're there to provide the best experience for the customer. But you quickly learn that you are actually there to provide the most frustrating and annoying experience for customers. You are given almost no training on the technical – more... aspects of many of the items in the store and are taught exclusively about cell phone plans and to a lesser degree TV and internet plans. When a customer walks in you are to greet them, find out what they want and then try for all you can to convert the conversation to cell phones or any service you can sell to them. Just came in for batteries? How about a cell phone? Looking for a toy for a 4 year old? Let me ask you about your cell phone. I was also expected to clean, stock, schedule, organize inventory, open/close the store, memorize continually changing service deals and promotions all for minimum wage. And of course none of these extra duties should have an effect on your sales according to the management who continually come down on you on everything. Seriously, if you can avoid working for this company you will be a happier and better person for it. – less
Great Place to work with great people
Root Cause analyst (Current Employee), Belleville, OntarioJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: company discounts
Cons: retail
Since joining The Source I have learned so much about the electronic industry. It is an ever changing environment. The people I work with have a vast knowledge and they are always willing to share that information.
Productive, efficient but able to maintain a fun, positive working environment full of optimism and encouragement
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, peers, boss, customers all positive, excellent dependability
Cons: wasn't long enough
My experience at The Source, although short as it was seasonal, was perhaps the most enjoyable, engaging atmosphere in my life. Each employee performed his/her task efficiently and with grace, but maintained a positive attitude towards each other and our surroundings. The Source atmosphere made working there a truly enjoyable and memorable experience, – more... and humbled me as an individual and taught me to always aim higher, accomplish more, but always be happy. – less
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
great atmosphere and enjoyable experience in retails and sales
Fun place to work but management did not act like management at all.
Sales Associate-Seasonal (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: not being recgonized for doing well
- a typical day we would help customers, enter sales, answer phone calls, put shipment away.
- I learned about bell products as well as new computer programs that will help me.
- I found the management wasn't really management to every employer, would also do things most managers wouldn't do or allow things that shouldn't be aloud to be done on the – more... sales floor.
- Young, except for the two full-time employees who have been there for years.
- Trying to sell bell internet or home phone or even bell products, just very pricey especially for young people who can get say Koodo for half the price.
- Working with people, meeting new faces and have experience to take with me wherever I go. I also love working with technology, seeing new products come out was exciting. – less
Reviewing existing company- TheSource
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good job environment and fellows
Cons: have to sell service(mandatory)
TheSource is a Bell company. As a sales associate I feel it as a challenging job in terms of sells target. Management is pretty well and helpful. There are many training and learning opportunities inside the work arena.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, it is an electronics store and I love handling it.
Its a okay company
Store Manger (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 8, 2014
I worked for the store for over a month and worked the store up from a B store to A store its a good company to work for but to may changes with the team...
Productive place! Fun environment and great learning experiance
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 11, 2013
Great place to work. The people I work with are very nice and willing to help anyone out. I learned a lot about electronics. I love being able to play with toys and watch people have fun with them.
Great place to work if you like a family atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: need sales of cellular and satellite or you are out.
Start the day opening the store, helping customers find either the electronics that they need or the parts necessary. The store can quickly develop into a friendly family atmosphere that leads to a reduced stress environment.
Fast-paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: commissions
Cons: studying online was very time consuming
Open up and start up all electronics, count tills, sign into accounts, study upcoming merchandise, online tests. Most enjoyable part was a successful sale to a customer.
Great job, great customers, poor company choices.
Sales Associate/Wireless Expert/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New Minas, NSAugust 2, 2013
Pros: great comissions and discounts on services.
Cons: poor management at times, head office making poor decisions.
I worked at The Source for several years, enjoyed the job and it's challenges, loved the customers, some managers were amazing, some horrid, over all the companies direction over the last few year's, especially since being bought by Bell, have gone down hill.
Depending on your manager, whether they want to run their store as a business, or just somewhere – more... for them to hide away and draw a pay will entirely change your experience when working for this company. – less
Fun with technology and earn money
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: contest prizes
Cons: long hours
- I am enjoying to work with source.
- i have learned every time different technology with different product.
- Currently i am performing leadership role and learned management level with routine operation.
- To work in sales - more chances to raise conflict with co-workers for sales as individual sales target given .
- un- organise structure
- commission – more... with extra bonuses. – less
Store Manager
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2013
Pros: lots of cool stuff, always something to do, you are encouraged to play with your products
Cons: too much clutter, hard to focus on the sales with so much operational preassure.
The company is currently in transition from one entity to another since it's purchase from Bell.

It still has lots of old "Radio Shack" habits and sees it self as a store of gadgets, doodads, and random electronics. It has a renewed focus on wireless for virgin and bell.

Stores are very difficult to manage because the company keeps a very low employee – more... to customer ratio, but would like to take a professional solution selling approach with big ticket items, wireless in particular. However they offer very little training to the managers, and very old systems to support them. You will find many thousands of sku's packed into a little store, with mountains of clearance product, and very little staff. This makes it difficult to keep such stores operating at a high level with a strong sales focus. The head office likes to think of the organization as sales focused, however the policies they have in place drive the company like radio shack where staff are just cashiers and store care takers.

Keep in mind this was years back, and the company was in major transition. It could be very different now with Bell at the helm as when I left there had been many changes at the executive to senior levels of the company. – less
Fun Place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Olds, ABJune 19, 2013
Worked at the Source for Work Experince thourgh the High School and really enjoyed it. The Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Not a strong enough emphasis on training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 17, 2013
Poor training systems, poor management, store values are out dated.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMay 17, 2013
Pros: engaging work
Cons: off hour operations
I had a great experience working at this institution. The management was extremely helpful and the work was engaging and interesting. My peers were great and everyone was on an "All-For-One and One-For-All" philosophy. Definitely and overall great place to be apart of.

1 2 3