The Source Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 December 2017
i like working here, relaxed environment, good money to be made if you really work hard and push for the sales. Management is nice and understanding, flexible hours.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Quotas are sometime un realistic
Competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 December 2017
Spent each and every day trying to be at the top of the sales ladder nation wide. Management was your leader that had all the answers to any and every question pertaining to the job. Directly involved with all new cellular and in home technology.
Pros
Your effort directly impacted your hours
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT4 December 2017
It is less stressful if you achieve the sales target. Managers are awesome, just the top management (especially HR) is worst. They want to sale phone to every customer which is never possible.
Pros
Best Commission!!
Cons
Worst Management, no job security
Great people to work with but definite language barrier
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2017
I am learning a lot of valuable skills that can be transferred anywhere to any company that offers bell, bellmts or virgin mobile services, however i wish i could get more hours
Pros
great commission
Cons
language barrier because i dont speak punjab
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 November 2017
Always enjoyed working there, however the hours were too much for a full time student like myself (had me doing full time hours even though I was a part-timer). Very supportive when it comes to asking for help with something.
Pros
Great employee discount
Great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2017
As my first experience , I couldn’t ask for better . In these past 3-4 years I’ve learned a lot about customer service , leadership and especially about sales. I was hired at the age of 16, being the youngest one there, I’ve been best salesman in the district in 2015-2016.
Pros
Commission
Cons
If you are not good, they replace you
Competitive workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
You were a salesperson, had to get sell to those who weren't looking to buy. Everyone got along with each other which made for a fun and enjoyable workplace.
Good
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 October 2017
My time at the source was very good. The commission structure is good and the people I worked with were very fun. The management was amazing and made me feel valued
Customer Sales Representative
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
If you like working in the retail environment and love sales this is the job for you.

Management is very clear and fair.

There are also perks to the job when you become an employee.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 October 2017
I worked with some great people and enjoyed what I did there. Electronics sales is a fast paced and rewarding field. I enjoyed learning about the products I sold.
Fun Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 October 2017
A ton of room to grow within the organization. A great place to work. Always was treated with respect from my leaders. You can earn a lot of extra income based on their commission structure.
more work, less recognition
Sales Associate - Wireless Expert - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  British Columbia2 October 2017
you do alot of work in the company, yes you work on commissiom, but there is virtually no chance of you getting your hourly wage up. they also seem to care more about phone sales then if the associates are actually feeling well sometimes. yes even as a part timer you can get benefits but you have to maintain a certain amount hours per week to keep them. management should really look more into how their relationship with the people that work in the stores to be honest
Pros
commission and spiffs
Cons
long hours little pay
Learn to work better not harder
E-Commerce Onboarding Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2017
A typical day includes time management and multitasking, for my current position with multiple interruptions. I have learned more programs, more about the type of management team I work well with and about multiple products. The management team varies, there are some key members that are essential to every day, the overall management style is more devoted to do what I say not what I do mentality. The most difficult part of my job, is maintain the quality of work, when some of the focus driven areas are more about quantity. Seeing my finished progress and hard work visible to all customers, seeing the reports come back knowing I satisfied that customer.
Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
Fun place to work at. Was hired as only a seasonal employee. Colleagues were cool. Area was quiet but can get busy. Would work there again but full-time.
overall culture is good
Dual Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 September 2017
overall company culture is good, management is very supportive, most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to interact with lots of new people everyday.
Typical retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2017
Typical retail, Sell and earn a commission. Position was seasonal so I was let go unexpectedly after the Christmas sales. Manager the DB is really hardworking man and treats the store like his own( in a positive way)
Pros
Employee benefit
Cons
N/a
Source
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
Extremely fast paced company where you need to be a master of cross selling and have a passion for emerging tech. The most enjoyable part is seeing the tehnology first hand and helping customers see how it can change there day to day lives
very under appriciated
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 September 2017
worked for source for 2 years i would never recommend anyone that is trying to get a career job in to this company but hey if you are in uni and you need a part time job and sharpen up your ability to sell something than its a good place to start.
good job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK22 August 2017
I enjoyed being employed at this location because I take pride in learning about the products the store sells and learning about them so I can use those skills to help customers find what they need to my best ability.
Pros
I like the field
Cons
Seasonal work
A great place to work with lots of room to make commission.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 August 2017
A typical day is spent serving customers coming into your store. Each store is typically pretty busy which allows for a great opportunity to earn commission.
Pros
Commission, Discounts, Advancement
Cons
Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.