The Source Employee Reviews in Canada

fun but high pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  square oneApril 29, 2016
i really do enjoy working at the source and i love the customer service aspect of the job like, uncovering needs, helping the customer satisfy there wants with high amount of product knowledge, but the high amount of pressure that is given to sell a phone service/phone when a customer walks in the store for an unrelated product makes me feel nervous at times. Also when the unsuccessful cross over from product to phone conversation happens you manager gives the, "what happened" eyes. overall disregarding the pressure i really enjoy helping customers with consumer electronics.
Pros
customer related experience
Cons
high load of pressure
Decent place to work, though few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at the source very much. The East coast cell phone market though is really over saturated and you essentially make your money selling cell phone and tablet contracts. They promised me 40 hrs a week I was lucky to get 8.... that's where it hit me hard... you can't pay the bills on minimum wage for 8 hours a week.
Pros
30% off of your Bell services and great benefits if you work full time at 6 months, management is very skilled and super nice
Cons
Few hours and minimum wage for floor sales plus commission - you really have to hussle your sales
Poor support from upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 11, 2016
Avoid like the plague. No work life balance, constant changing of company focus. Just don't. The company is schizophrenic. I give it two years. Stores have no stock and it's impossible to do everything they expect in a day. You do management duties without the pay.
Good wireless training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCApril 28, 2016
Worked for The Source for 8 years. Until one day I was told we have to let you go due to a business decision. Sad to say but the company does not stand by their staff.
Pros
Cellular discount
Cons
Company does not stand by their staff.Lack of training.Poor upper management.
It was okay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 7, 2016
It was a good place to help me be good at customer service, I worked with really fantastic people. Didn't feel like I could move on p in the company like I had desired. Didn't feel appreciated with my work.
Pros
Phone bill discount
Cons
Unable to move up ladder.
The best job I've ever had
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood parkJanuary 9, 2016
I have no idea why I left this job. It was the best job as far as any kind of motivation, training, support in and out of work. The mentors they place you with are knowledgeable, respectful and kind. Everyone who I've ever encountered in this job is 100% amazing! If I could go back I would go back in a flash.
Pretty relaxing job
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 26, 2016
It was a good job, min wage at the time. But it was fun different each day and lots of interacting with customers. I had a great boss and the management at the time was great,
Pros
diffrent all the time
Cons
Minimal hours at times
Apologies
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 28, 2016
It seems Indeed auto populated two duplicate positions. This is simply to reach the word count necessary to continue developing my profile.
Pros
Accidental
Cons
Hopefully I can delete at some point in this process
an ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 21, 2016
you can make good money at the source but the demand placed on you to sell phones is a bit much . if you like to sell phones and are a good salesman you should be fine
Pros
spiffs
Cons
pressured to sell phones
Was a fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
had tons of fun learning how to activate cellphones, talking with customers. and having it at a mall location made it really fun working there during the Winter season
Pros
the discount
Cons
was often a quite store
Life working at The Source
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONOctober 6, 2015
The Source was a great place I did co-op at. I learned how to deal with customers, and co-workers. At first, I was not comfortable talking with public but after working at The Source I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with public. Many new people come at The Source to buy different items, and I would easily be able to help them. It was a great experience working at The Source as I learned how to organize, manage and run a store.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Worked for a limited time
Never work here.
Spirit crushing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Easily one of the worst jobs I've every had, under the management of the current Ottawa head-manager, and many others. 42 employees (6 of them managers) through my store in 19 months. Horrible.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCNovember 16, 2015
learned what was like to work on commission.
learned about daily goals, to get a bigger commission
management was good
co workers were friendly easy to talk to
part of job, not being so shy to be able to obtain my daily goal
most enjoyable part, meeting people. helping customers.
Wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, ABOctober 3, 2015
I worked for this company for a short time due too the lack of trading, lack of paying out commition, lack of job security, and so on. The managers try and sweet talk you into staying longer with no future. The DM in the area I was in had to be the worst person I have never met in my life. Arrogant stuck up. Belittles employees.
Pros
Cons
Typical over worked, under paid, horrible management at all levels
Do not work here!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BCSeptember 22, 2015
This by far is the worst company I have ever worked for. All they ask you to do is sell cell phone. The management is always on your head to sell the targeted cell phones and whoever does that is favoured. However, if you fail to do so you have high chances of getting fired. While interviewing they never metioned about this, however the reality is completely different. All they do here is up selling. They try to convince customers in every possible way to buy a new cell phone or to get a warranty. This is how they make commission. If you are a true sales person who loves to sell cell phones, then this is your place!
Pros
Commision
Cons
Everything!
The source ?
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
i enjoyed it, and after a while of being there, it did get slow, and alittle boring for my taste, maybe it was just the location that i worked at but it was a slow paced job i felt.
The Source
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Fun environment to work, lots of knowledge can be obtained about newly released technology. Management is great they help you develop yourself in customer service and sales. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to meet sales quotas. The most enjoyable part is try out many of the new phones, laptops and tablets when they are released.
Pros
trying newly released technology
Cons
not meeting quotas
Fun and Friendly Staff with comfortable work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, AncasterSeptember 1, 2015
The Source was an exciting work place with friendly staff. The focus was put too heavily on signing customers to cell phone contracts. The training in terms of daily functions such as P.O.S. use was good but when it came to processing Bell Services and cell phone contracts there was very little training given and in some cases customers would lose confidence in my sales ability as a result.
Pros
Low Stress Work Environment
Cons
Inadequate Job Training
The work place was filled with many customers leaving happily with new products and helpful customer service.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel BCAugust 17, 2015
Typical day at The Source was having customers come in looking for nothing in specific but then leaving happily with a product that they found and became curious about and wanted further information which I would to my best extent elaborate and show by example how the product works, what the product is used for and where the product can be used. Management was a little more difficult for we had our store manager leave the company and we were with no manager for a month which helped us focus more on helping each one another and informing one another on products that we had no information of. During this work experience I learned much about customer support.
Pros
Flexible hours
Not a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 18, 2015
Promoted me to a manage a small store, and closed it after i turned around all the numbers to improve.

Did not re locate me after wasting 5 years of my life with this company
Pros
no pros
Cons
management