The Source – I WANT THAT:
As one of Canada’s leading Consumer Electronics and Wireless retailers with approximately 700 locations across Canada, The Source is prepared to stay ahead of the fast-paced changes in the world of technology and retail.
We are committed to building a best-in-class Canadian E-Commerce platform and have aligned our strategy to support this. As part of this growing team you would have an opportunity to work with sought after E-Commerce professionals responsible for rebuilding and revitalizing our E-Commerce operations. The E-Commerce marketplace at The Source is rapidly expanding and you will make a significant impact on the launch and future of a business that will reach Canadians nationwide.
You are an innovative and driven risk-taker who is ready to be part of an E-Commerce start-up in Canada, where you have the freedom to act as an entrepreneur with the backing of a company that has over 40 years of success and the best brands in CE.
Our next chapter is beginning. Come help us make history!
The career you WANT:
As the Quality Assurance Lead (E-Commerce IT), the successful incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and leading UAT Business testing, leading QA Testing, test automation and performance testing to ensure quality deployments while balancing risk with time to production. You will be responsible for working closely with the development team to sustain a vision that incorporates quality assurance standards, performance testing approaches, and automation strategies and frameworks. We are fast growing and lean so you must be flexible in your testing approach and most importantly, you must have a desire to build a strong team that works well together, delivers quality results. You need to be passionate about testing thus a tester who believes that the best defense is a good offense and is always proactivity looking for ways to make our platforms better.
- Help manage, create, and deliver testing strategies and plans using risk analysis methodologies and tools and that align with the development approach/methodology selected for the project. As well as Lead the continuous, measured improvement of testing processes, strategies, plans and frameworks.
- Communication and understanding of the impact to testing for scope changes to the project management team both from a timeline/cost and a risk perspective.
- Review and provide input to project documentation as required; monitor, assess and mitigate testing risks; monitor and track testing progress. Contribute to project readiness assessments and participate and contribute to lessons learned.
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Support the team in creating reusable test assets for both manual and automated test scripts.
- Manage the defect process ensuring defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely fixes as well as Report the status of test planning, defects and execution activities, including regular status updated to the project team using quality metrics.
- Assist in the resolution of product/ production Incidents.
- Ensure testing is conducted in a manner that does not impact the production environment (e.g., scheduling of file transmissions, etc...) and in accordance with established information security and information privacy policies and guidelines.
- Act as a consultant/ resource to other areas of IT and the Business as well as Manage relationships with project team members, third party vendors/ service partners, release teams and client areas as appropriate.
- Manage effective use of testing tools and testing automation process fundamentals.
The skills we WANT:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of testing experience within a eCommerce / Retail environment along with solid experience using writing automated tests in a programming language preferably selenium.
- Experience using standard development tools, such as Eclipse, Ant, Git/ agile software development team using Scrum.
- Experience with relational database and writing SQL queries / testing mobile sites and native applications.
- Good understanding of web services specifically REST is essential.
- Leadership skills for direct, indirect and matrix reporting relationships is an asset.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and inter-personal skills required.
The benefits you WANT to receive:
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at The Source including a robust extended medical and dental benefits plan, RRSP contribution matching program and three weeks’ vacation to start! If that’s not enough, we also have a number of great place to work initiatives including an extensive recognition and rewards program, career advancement opportunities, awesome training programs, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, employee discounts!