The Shoe Company

The Shoe Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work!
Key holder/Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Great work environment, enjoyable work and good management. Typical day includes greeting customers and assisting customers in finding shoes. Co workers are great and super friendly!
Good company, Great shoes
Department Manager (Former Employee), Bathurst and LawrenceFebruary 9, 2015
Enjoyed working here, great staff and exceptional shoes. Excellent music selection keeps the work environment positive and upbeat.
Inefficient management with unreasonable expectations and a non welcoming work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2015
At work you were unable to converse with your fellow staff members under any circumstances unless management needed you to tell them something, which generated a very secluded and unappealing work environment. The standards of customer service were exceptional and I admired their approach to customer satisfaction. Management was very indecisive when it came to decision making.
Great quality of work and co-workers are amazing!
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 30, 2015
Cleaned and maintained the store while gave advice for shoes based on the fit, comfort, and style as per customers’ requests. Provided customer service, handled money and bagged items.
Cost>Reward
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan MillsJanuary 27, 2015
The Shoe Company brand seems to think that they're a designer store, not a wannabe fancy warehouse. They'll work you like you're getting a commission when you're just getting a minimum wage and thats it. Unless you're full time don't expect to get more than 3 shifts a week.
The Shoe Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere, great staff
Cons: not enough hours
It's a great place to work, there's a great atmosphere. The managers were great, and I loved the majority of my coworkers, most customers were really friendly and looked up to you for advice and help. The only things I didn't like were the lack of hours, and the fact that you were "graded" at the end of your shift.
Great!
DEPT MANAGER/KEYHOLDER (Former Employee), BurnabyOctober 11, 2014
Great Management team! Always there if i need of help. flexible work hours
Great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee), WindsorAugust 6, 2014
Pros: amazing dm
Cons: stock load
Mondays would be paperwork. Tuesday and Thursday would be stock. Wednesday would be markdowns/new promo set ups.
Horrible
Senior Visual Coordinator (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 30, 2014
Hard to get a promotion. The management is run by an old team that isn't going anywhere. Hardest part of the job going in for shifts. Most enjoyable leaving!
Most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 4, 2014
Cons: extended hours
This specific Shoe Company is located at the mall. You meet different people every day from different parts on the country and world.
Lifeless, Low paying, Dead end
WCS Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: free shoes
Cons: low pay, on call shifts, management, pathetic script
Micro managed to a tee, ridiculous script and processes to ensure customers are "delighted". Customers sometimes take advantage and walk all over you. The company does not care about their employees and do the absolute bare minimum for them.

For example: The budget for the store Christmas party was around $150.00 for a roster of 10 people. We had to eat dinner at our manager's home whom none of us liked because that's about all we could do with the budget.

There is no commission, which is good because there is no pressure but they still expect you to make sales and the incentive is "Shoe Dollars". A sad medal system where $1 increments are rewarded for discounts off shoes. Well that's great, but I can't pay rent with Shoenies. Yeah...they're called shoenies.

So in short...The Shoe Company is really cheap, and they couldn't care less about their employees. There are plenty of better places to work.
********WARNING- WARNING-WARNING********
Department Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMarch 29, 2014
Pros: discounts on shoes
Cons: pay, hours, lack of training, high stress
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Awful experience. Work you to the bone and no pay. Expected to work your butt off and managers take the credit.
fun enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
Everythuing was great about this job enjoyed the other housekeepers
A very fun and energetic work environment!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 5, 2014
The Shoe Company is not your typical shoe store. Everyone cares about their clients, we treat our customers like friends. I very much enjoy getting to work with a lot of different people!
Great place to work with a good team
Visualy Product Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 10, 2014
. Receive new stock
. Transfer out stock
.Process all new stock
. Merchandise all new stock
.Responsible for all store dispalys/flows of product
Lighthearted staff with customer service dedication.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Friendly and easygoing work environment with a focus on customer satisfaction.
Fun, laid back, comfortable working environment, amazing co-workers
Floor sales/cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: discounted shoes
Cons: low pay
I used to open on weekends and work closing during the week. This job taught me the best customer service techniques and how to learn things quickly, it also taught me inventory and the beginnings of being an assistant manager. My co-workers were all roughly my age which made it easier to talk to them and build a better work relationship with them all making the store a happier and more inviting place to shop. The hardest part of the job was finding what the customer wanted when they themselves had no idea either. The best part of the job was giving someone exactly what they needed when the had no idea what they wanted and the gratitude they showed after.
Productive and fun work place with connected people.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: major discounts on sale items.
Cons: not much growth to be done within.
The Shoe Company has a great work environment and an excelling place to obtain experience working with other customers. It allows you to humble yourself and understand their troubles as well as helps you develop problem solving skills, separate from those often found out of the work place. The managers are approachable and understanding, allowing for a sense of ease. The hardest part of the job would have to be letting down a customer. The easiest part is when you have the answers ready and can assist the customer.
Was fun learning a new area of retail
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 1, 2014
The Shoe Company was my first step out of clothing retail so it was fun learning the footwear end of retail.

I was hired as an Associate Manager which meant I was responsible for all the jobs the manager did but with out the bonus each month. I was the training manager as well as the stock manager. I worked really well with the general manager of the store because we complimented each others skills and abilities

My general manager was one of the best I have had in my time in retail and I learned a lot from him, however the corporate management wasn't so educational. I wanted to advance in the company but was told because I didn't have a University education that was not going to happen.
Very unorganized
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), markham,OnDecember 19, 2013
Co- workers were great
learned how to sell shoes
as well as use the cash register
very unorganized, get called in at random times of the day
working with my co workers