The Shoe Company Employee Reviews

Connection
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
Shoe Company has an amazing and dynamic company culture, we were like a family that supported one another. The customers there were friendly and welcomed out help and input.
shoes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2017
Was not a good place to work. Management was very careless and did not like to address issues. Only there for some part time work during school. Would not recommend.
Retail shoe store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
Was a good starter retail management job, although was very unorganized and had poor management,
Hardest part was the schedules were always posted super late.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
management
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
I have met a lot of coworkers and managers that I have come to be very close with. It is a great experience, where you can learn many skills. The only "con" I can think of is that working retail can be slow on off seasons.
horrible experience
Manager on Duty and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 May 2017
managers are awful and treat staff as little ants. Very condescending and rude. Customers are sometimes too demanding. The hours were long and it's a lot of labour. Head office is extremely demanding and would never work here again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
Management and coworkers were very helpful and understanding, but it would have been nice if the part-time position offered more hours, as I usually got less than 20 a week.
Pros
Great environment, nice discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Demanding place of work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 May 2017
The shoe company is a great place to work, if you can handle it. They use very aggressive sales tactics and attempts to enforce it upon everyone while disregarding the way you choose to communicate with customers. Statistics are everything, and these stats literally determine if you work, and how much you work. If you are an amazing employee and your boss loves you, you'll have a great time. If not, you will be fighting for your job.
Pros
Discounts on expensive shoes.
Cons
Not enough pay for the work.
average at best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2017
The Shoe Company has great potential yet still there were no customers due to poor management. staff was not motivated which effects the performance of the store.
great costumer service and employee service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
I learned to be more at ease with the costumers especially greeting them. I'm happy that i met new friends. I learn to be more organize, sociable and open-minded.
Pros
meeting with new people
Cons
needs to climb up to get stock
Not the best place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON17 April 2017
Depending on the management, it was a fun place to work. Unfortunately my manager was horrible. Very stressful and never sure what was going to happen
Cons
stressful
Easy going place to work
Sales associate/Cashier/Stock worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 April 2017
I enjoyed working here, however like most retail part-timers, hours were up and down and if you are looking for something reliable, this is not the best choice.
Fun work place
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
I worked this job while in high school, was a fun job to work with not a lot of responsibility. Shoe lovers paradise because of the great discounts that are provided to employees.
Fun place to work. Great manager!!
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ontario1 March 2017
I love working at the shoe company in Sudbury my manager is so good to all the employees and makes everyday fun .. she makes us feel valued everyday and tells us what a great job we do.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not alot of shifts in January
it was okay
Manager on Department/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
not bad for a first job. good place to get job experience as a student. would never work there again but it was an easy job in high school. it was very boring at times and got tedious.
Shoe Company
Sales Person (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 December 2016
This is a great job to have, the working environment is always comforting and welcoming, the deals on the shoes were amazing and I loved buying the shoes.
good stable job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 December 2016
was a great job meet a lot of good people great to learn sales they have tons of benefits and incentives hours are great most of the management was great.
baker
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
the place shut down but working there was like working with family. It was the best years of my life. Not to mention it was probably one of my favourite jobs.
Nice first job, friendly management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 November 2016
When the store is busy, it's an easy place to work in, as most associates are used to fast-paced work environnements. Management is extremely friendly and likeable; not as efficient training however they look out for its employees. Perfect customer service is a must at all times while interacting with customers as well as quick and efficient tasks to be done.
okay. satisfactory
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 November 2016
it was good., learned quite a bit at first and it was a good learning experience in the retail aspect for being an employee within the establishment ..
Cons
standing around and not having anything to do
High energy workplace, very busy and always challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 October 2016
The Shoe Company was my all-time favourite job for many reasons. I advanced from key-holder to store manager; I even relocated to advance my career there. In hindsight, I wish that it wouldn't have taken such a toll on my family life, or I would still be employed there.
Pros
rewards for success
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Shoe Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9