The Shoe Company Employee Reviews

great costumer service and employee service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
I learned to be more at ease with the costumers especially greeting them. I'm happy that i met new friends. I learn to be more organize, sociable and open-minded.
Pros
meeting with new people
Cons
needs to climb up to get stock
Not the best place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON17 April 2017
Depending on the management, it was a fun place to work. Unfortunately my manager was horrible. Very stressful and never sure what was going to happen
Cons
stressful
Fun work place
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
I worked this job while in high school, was a fun job to work with not a lot of responsibility. Shoe lovers paradise because of the great discounts that are provided to employees.
Fun place to work. Great manager!!
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ontario1 March 2017
I love working at the shoe company in Sudbury my manager is so good to all the employees and makes everyday fun .. she makes us feel valued everyday and tells us what a great job we do.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not alot of shifts in January
it was okay
Manager on Department/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
not bad for a first job. good place to get job experience as a student. would never work there again but it was an easy job in high school. it was very boring at times and got tedious.
Shoe Company
Sales Person (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 December 2016
This is a great job to have, the working environment is always comforting and welcoming, the deals on the shoes were amazing and I loved buying the shoes.
good stable job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 December 2016
was a great job meet a lot of good people great to learn sales they have tons of benefits and incentives hours are great most of the management was great.
baker
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
the place shut down but working there was like working with family. It was the best years of my life. Not to mention it was probably one of my favourite jobs.
Nice first job, friendly management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 November 2016
When the store is busy, it's an easy place to work in, as most associates are used to fast-paced work environnements. Management is extremely friendly and likeable; not as efficient training however they look out for its employees. Perfect customer service is a must at all times while interacting with customers as well as quick and efficient tasks to be done.
okay. satisfactory
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 November 2016
it was good., learned quite a bit at first and it was a good learning experience in the retail aspect for being an employee within the establishment ..
Cons
standing around and not having anything to do
High energy workplace, very busy and always challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 October 2016
The Shoe Company was my all-time favourite job for many reasons. I advanced from key-holder to store manager; I even relocated to advance my career there. In hindsight, I wish that it wouldn't have taken such a toll on my family life, or I would still be employed there.
Pros
rewards for success
Cons
There was no team work and no work-life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2016
Although the reason I left this company was to pursue education, I would not work there again or suggest other people work there simply due the toxic environment and lack of work-life balance.

I do not know if the company as a whole was like this or if it was just the location I worked at, but people were constantly throwing each other under the bus, blaming the others when tasks could not be completed and bullying the younger staff (I personally chose to not participate in any of these activities). Due to this almost everybody working there were constantly stressed and relationships were strained.

There was completely no notice before being called in on your days off, and this seemed to be a regular occurrence.

The Company also seemed unorganized.
Pros
Discounted shoes
Cons
toxic, lonely environment/ no work-life balance.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2016
It is a great place to work that develops interpersonal skills, builds knowledge of shoes, and provides a great deal of experience in the work field. It is a fun place to work.
productive and great environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2016
A great place to work, offers a lot of opportunities to strive and gain more skills, the staff offers a friendly environment for both the costumers and the staff
Pros
free movies/food, new friends
Cons
short shifts
strong communictation skills and professionalism
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 May 2016
Get to work , punch in and start organizing shoes and help customers. I learned how to communicate with different types of people in different situations good and bad and how to handle them in a professional manner. Management was okay. Hardest part of the job was being overwhelmed with the customers demands. Enjoyable part about the job was being able to help with the customers needs and making them feel satisfied
Review
Manager on Duty/Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
• customer service, selling, up selling
• learned stock number system
• Management, unprofessional, lazy, did not follow standards
• Co-workers lazy, unprofessional, and did not follow standards
• The hardest part of the job, left by myself on the floor
• The most enjoyable part of the job making customers happy
Cons
Company did not set up direct deposit, and sent cheques only, an it was late all the time, as well spelt my name wrong
productive
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ira needles the boardwalk15 December 2015
I learned many skills such as leadership, I used to be shy but now im more open, etc. Everyday you went in and had a smile on your face and if you didn't, you would get a smile on your face. The workers are able to all take this job seriously but still have fun. Hardest part of the job is when we have a conflict with the flow of the store and have to switch shoes around or do a whole new flow. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the workers can have fun and joke around.
Pros
everyone is treated not only as workers, but family.
Cons
not getting enough hours.
it was okay
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2015
it was not the right job fit for me.
the hardest part of the job was keeping up with cleaning, i was often assigned more tasked than i was able to complete in the amount of time given and expected to do others jobs. the most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning and making the store look nice. i learned that retail is not the type of job i am interested in having ever again.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario7 September 2015
An enthusiatic environment with a great support team. Everyone was friendly, and managment were very supportive. They were great in training me to assist customers with the best of my abilities.
fun work environment with great benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 September 2015
Fun work environment, fast paced.
Learned how to think on the spot, multitask, and speak to strangers.
Management made sure all staff was on top of things, at all times.
Co-workers always looked out for eachother.
Hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was delighted, especially during peak hour (weekends).
Most enjoyable part of the job was the connecting with customers and co-workers, and of course- the benefits.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours
Cons
long hours, repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Shoe Company. Our community is ready to answer.

The Shoe Company Reviews by Location