The Shoe Company Employee Reviews

friendly enviornment
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2017
had an incredible time working there, great employees, good management, physical job, but very interactive and enjoyable. customers were friendly, and happy.
Pros
group lunches, made great friendships with employees
Cons
10.5 hour sundays
Great leadership and potential for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 September 2017
I learned the most that I had to learn about being an effective member of the management company with this company here. I had an amazing supervisor and manager who worked with me well to improve on my skillset. I was able to coach and managed my team members and meet the sales targets and expectations of the store. Great and fun environment to work in, and so many incentives and perks. Bonuses were easy to achieve in this high volume store..
Pros
Great incentives and bonuses!
Cons
None to mention
Very friendly and fast paced environment to work in
Perform Manager Duties (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
A very fun and welcoming place to work at and associates are very friendly with one another, everyone is treated and accepted as part of the group. Managers are very understanding and flexible with scheduling.
Doesn't pay well for amount of work expected to be done.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2017
Management doesn't protect employees, pays minimum wage but has a large workload, benefits are not worth it, rules are becoming stricter. Everyone takes their job too seriously for a shoe store, and are extremely greedily invested in sales.
Employees not happy
customer service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 August 2017
The management here was very disrespectful, not caring or compassionate for anyone. They favoured specific employees and made it very well known that some employees do not fit into the "clique". Felt bullied as an employee.
a manager change would make it better
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
i enjoyed my experience with the customers and would recommend to someone looking for a casual job. When i was hired i said yes because i was told i would be getting 10-20 hours minimum. i worked there for 7 months and only once did i get a work week over 10 hours. the manager was not someone i felt comfortable with. When i explained my situation and how i needed the extra hours she explained that the store was not in a position to give me more than 5 a week, but then proceeded to hire more staff. Overall this company would have been a lot more enjoyable if my manager was not like this.
Pros
aside from head manager, good environment and people
Cons
to many employees, not enough hours
horrible work setting, bad attitude towards regular and part- time employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON17 July 2017
horrible attitude towards part-time and full-time employee's. Management was not understanding of the staff's needs and ignored multiple cries for improvement of the work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, horrible organization or the work setting.
horrible environment
Assistant senior manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
This is the worst job I have ever had. Zero practical training and no consistency in management and expectations. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Positive and laid back retail environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2017
Although head office seemed unenthusiastic when it came to supporting it's employees in stores, The Shoe Company provides excellent training, is willing to go through positive policy and system changes for the benefit of it's employees, productivity as well as it's customers and gives their employees great opportunities to thrive as a team.
Productive Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 June 2017
Everyone that worked at the Shoe Company was quite friendly and willing to help when assistance was needed. You could always ask for assistance if you were not sure how to do something. It was a fun work environment.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Connection
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
Shoe Company has an amazing and dynamic company culture, we were like a family that supported one another. The customers there were friendly and welcomed out help and input.
Good people
Customer Service & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 June 2017
It was not worth the minimum wage. The people were amazing and that's honestly the only reason I stayed as long as I did. However, the tasks I was asked to do, like unclog the toliet or inhale mold which made half the employees sick just was not worth it.
shoes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2017
Was not a good place to work. Management was very careless and did not like to address issues. Only there for some part time work during school. Would not recommend.
Retail shoe store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
Was a good starter retail management job, although was very unorganized and had poor management,
Hardest part was the schedules were always posted super late.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
management
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
I have met a lot of coworkers and managers that I have come to be very close with. It is a great experience, where you can learn many skills. The only "con" I can think of is that working retail can be slow on off seasons.
horrible experience
Manager on Duty and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 May 2017
managers are awful and treat staff as little ants. Very condescending and rude. Customers are sometimes too demanding. The hours were long and it's a lot of labour. Head office is extremely demanding and would never work here again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
Management and coworkers were very helpful and understanding, but it would have been nice if the part-time position offered more hours, as I usually got less than 20 a week.
Pros
Great environment, nice discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Demanding place of work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 May 2017
The shoe company is a great place to work, if you can handle it. They use very aggressive sales tactics and attempts to enforce it upon everyone while disregarding the way you choose to communicate with customers. Statistics are everything, and these stats literally determine if you work, and how much you work. If you are an amazing employee and your boss loves you, you'll have a great time. If not, you will be fighting for your job.
Pros
Discounts on expensive shoes.
Cons
Not enough pay for the work.
average at best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2017
The Shoe Company has great potential yet still there were no customers due to poor management. staff was not motivated which effects the performance of the store.
great costumer service and employee service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
I learned to be more at ease with the costumers especially greeting them. I'm happy that i met new friends. I learn to be more organize, sociable and open-minded.
Pros
meeting with new people
Cons
needs to climb up to get stock