Brown Shoe Company, Inc. (Brown Shoe), incorporated in 1913, operates in the footwear industry. The Company provides a range of licensed, branded and private-label casual, dress and athletic footwear products to women, men and children. The Company’s activities include the operation of retail shoe stores and e-commerce Websites, as well as the sourcing and marketing of footwear for women, men and children. During the fiscal year ended January 31, 2009 (fiscal 2008), categories of the Company’s consolidated footwear sales were approximately 62% women’s, 26% men’s and 12% children’s. In fiscal 2008, approximately 69% of footwear sales represented retail sales, including sales through its e-commerce Websites, with the remaining 31% representing wholesale sales. Through its Wholesale Operations segment, the Company designs, sources and markets footwear to retail stores domestically and internationally, including mass merchandisers, national chains, department stores, independent retailers, catalogs and online retailers.
(Source: 10-K) – less–ZoomInfo