The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Employee Reviews

Leadership
District Market Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX19 August 2017
Can call/email/meet to discuss information. I dont feel comfortable disclosing that kind of information for the public to see as mentioned in your disclosure.
My Experience with Scotts Miracle Gro
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK14 August 2017
Very excellent company to work for, flexible hours and the manager is awesome. it is the best job i ever had. granted there was not benefits for that i found for being part time but i could almost get full time when the hours were available.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Good company but my department not good due to old fashioned manager approach
Senior Analyst SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OH1 August 2017
Good company but my department not good due to old fashioned manager approach .He is micro manager and not cooperative person .He force people to work on everything but not to share management decision information to team members.
Pros
Early release
Large international production facility
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OH28 July 2017
Good company. Well organized. Safety conscious.
Company serves a large international lawn and garden industry.
Company is located in Marysville, OH
learn knowledge of new products
Scotts Miracle Gro Merchandiser/counselor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE28 July 2017
Scotts Miracle Grow was a great place to work to learn new products and to do marketing of those products but work was not stable Low hours in spring heavy hours in April, May and dwindling hours in june and july, unlike Chemlawn.
Pros
fun to travel to lincoln and other cities to work
Cons
hours not stable
Favoritism is strong
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MN24 July 2017
Office managers husband is forklift operator. This forklift person is very unsafe and has almost run over 2 truck drivers. Walks around with his chest pumped out because he has worked for Scotts before and was let go due to being unsafe. This person should have been fired for being unsafe but management will not.
Pros
Free lunches at times, 3 day weekends, good pay, benefits
Cons
They pick and choose who they want to enforce rules upon
A good place to learn different experiences, fun place to work.
Technician/ handyman (Former Employee) –  Gervais, OR16 July 2017
I was working for this job for many years, as a temp, I learn a lot on this job, from putting my hands to work to collecting data from study's, running machinery organizing, prepare ring product for study's, communicating with others to complete tasks that need it to complete.
Pros
Free safety protection free coffee, more
Cons
Long brakes
Awesome place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Avondale, PA13 July 2017
Great place to work, my manager and my boss where always so nice and understanding.
loved my job there and everything i did was always great i do not have any complaints about this place
Great compay to work for.
Chemical Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL12 July 2017
Amazing company to work for, they treat every employee with the same respect. Very understanding, dedicated, professional, and caring. I would 100% work for this company again.
Great
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KS21 June 2017
Great place to work for the people are awesom and my manager is really nice and he is super into making sure the people that work for his company know what they are doing and how to do it correctly
The office is a small group that helps each other
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fountain, CO12 June 2017
I worked for Scotts for 4 1/2 years including being a temp for 5 months. I enjoyed working in the office. During busy season, which is about 4-5 months out of the year, it is busy and we work many hours. I loved that we were busy. Every day is challenging. I enjoyed the people I worked with and management was always willing to listen to new ideas.

The Scotts Co itself is a great company to work for. They offer so many benefits that most companies don't. They take care of their people over all. This company was the best company as far as benefits and what they do for their employees that I have worked for. I do not agree with all of the corporate changes when it comes to production and each plant but overall it is a good company.
Pros
extra holiday pay
Cons
Hours for production very sparactic
Love Scotts Miracle Gro!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA12 June 2017
Fast paced exciting career. Position can be very labor intensive at times but definitely rewarding. Freedom to operate and flexibility are standards in this culture.
Pros
Freedom to operate, Culture, opportunity
This a great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MS6 June 2017
Great place to work. its located in pearl, ms. I like the hours because its 6 am to 2 pm. they have 3 differemt shift to work for and were off every weekend.
Good Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN5 June 2017
Top Products
Fast-paced environment
Good work/life balance
Independent Work style
Required some physicality to execute and corporate objectives
Enjoyed working with account leadership
Fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, FL4 June 2017
The company is a great company to work for. The only problem is you only get paid every 2 weeks and when you have a family that just don't work. The pay is good but the raises I feel should be higher than they are.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Conditions for working outside horrible
One of the Best
MERCHANDISE VENDOR (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK4 June 2017
I worked for Scotts Miracle Grow for about 5 months. This was one of the best work experiences I have had. You go through a lot of Computer based training which are essentially slide shows with little quizzes at the end. You are compensated for all your time during training. Your manager issues you a company phone and tool bag with lots of great items that you will get to keep. Also you get several nice Scott's polo shirts.

The actual job is great! You get to travel to your area of operation Home Depots, Lowes, and occasionally Walmarts. The job is quite simple. You start at about 0830 at a scheduled Big Box retailer usually with one other person or by yourself.

Early in the season you will set items to Planogram and or MAPs. You are essentially creating a skeleton for future items to be placed. When the season starts to pick up in middle March your primary goal is restocking, fluffing, etc. This is bringing down product from top stock, replenishing soil and fertilizer and doing anything you can to make your SMG products more visible. It's quite fun to create things that folks will appreciate.

A day will consist of walking the store looking at what needs to be done. SMG has a ton of products from Miracle Grow, Ortho, Natures Care, Ecoscrapes, Tomcat, raid, OFF, etc. You will spend time working off a ladder bringing down boxes of product and replenishing your items and straightening. Outside you will be restocking fertilizer and soil which will be the hardest element physically. I worked a pallet jack constantly moving thousand pound stacks of soil and
  more... fertilizer all over the Garden area. But your outside having a good time working no one there riding you.

You will have to coordinate with Big box staff in order to get product down via forklift, use tools, and help convince department heads and managers on your ideas for product placement. You will constantly have people come up to you and ask you where things are that are unrelated to your product. My advice is be polite, tell them you don't work here but... you can help them find it our find someone who can.

I loved this job and wish it was not only a temporary position. I was fortunate to have an amazing boss who was flexible with his folks and allowed me anytime off I needed.
Pros
Fun Environment, Great Products, Cool SWAG!
Cons
Moving Heavy items, dealing with Hardware store employees.
A Great seasonal position.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV25 May 2017
A very strong company.
Products are diverse, as are the people working for them.
Once training was finished, I felt as though the position was easier to accomplish required tasks.
Pros
Excellent way to lose weight, as the job is extreamly physically demanding.
Cons
Not knowing your work schedule more than a day in advance.
Worked in Home depot
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ct22 May 2017
worked in home depot and lowes severdays a week, unpacking materials to make the store clean and nice making the scotts name look professional, while also working by myself most of the time.
Great opportunity for growth
Processed back up reports after data entry (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GA17 May 2017
Great training, fun team building events, team outings, opportunity to work over time to earn additional income. Internal and external customers were great to work with, great learning opportunities
great work/life balance and benefits
Marketing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA17 May 2017
Mediocre management, awful job security, and terrible opportunity for advancement. Sufficient benefits and paid vacation. Management forced employees to work on weekends without overtime, and never mentioned these circumstances in the interviews.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company. Our community is ready to answer.