The Scotts Company

The Scotts Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I really enjoy this job but it is seasonal unfortunately
Retail Sales Merchandiser and Product Counselor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch breaks, mileage
Cons: No health benefits
Great company to work for. We work as teams sometimes (4 people), mostly on the larger accounts in Syracuse. Fantastic manager, good work environment. We work hard but it is one of the few jobs I've had where I also have fun.
Fun workplace
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), jacksonville, flOctober 16, 2015
Long days, some weekends overall fun place to work nice co workers and proper training, would recommend. Hardest part of job is sometimes working long hours.
Fun and laid back place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXOctober 12, 2015
Great place to work. Co workers are easy to get along with and work with. Office setting is comfortable and a fun environment with new things to learn everyday.
Enjoyable position
Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Groveland, FLOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, relaxed environment
Cons: No privacy allowed you to be distracted by other coworkers when they handled other issues.
A typical day consisted of checking employee hours from the previous day and correcting any errors. Coding invoices, matching with proper paperwork, and entering them into the system. Handling any customer service calls. Filing any paperwork. Created PO's and reconciled P-Card purchases. Printed reports. I learned every aspect of payroll and accounts payable at this job. I began this job with zero knowledge of these tasks and was trained for everything. I even learned the new payroll system alone and went on to train other locations. Management was great to get along with as long as you performed the work required of you and only missed days when absolutely necessary. Coworkers were easy to get along with, however, the open office environment did not allow for much privacy. Therefore, work sometimes was distracting. The hardest part of my job was year end. It wasn't so much as hard, but time consuming and making sure that you had everything entered.The most enjoyable part of my job was the actual work. I loved my job and felt I was very good at it, including handling irate customers. I enjoyed the people I worked with and even having to stay late during busy season.
Called it the dirt farm made a lot of miracle grow
Lead electrician (Former Employee), Vance, ALAugust 11, 2015
Repairing conveyer belts, hoppers .Had computer run automatic bagging machines very complex. had to to daily pms while running product . Hardest part of job digging out hopper when conveyer belt broke.Good co workers managment ok.
fun company to work for!
merchandiser/counsular (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2015
typical day consist of going to multiple stores and merchandising products ,setting floor sets and ordering product. nice company to work for.
Good company to work for on temporary basis
Merchandiser & Counselor (Current Employee), Marysville, OHJune 21, 2015
Cons: No Opportunity for advancement
Very physically demanding job. You are constantly moving, building and restocking displays. Scotts will teach you about their product and what each is used for.
Great company
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 2, 2015
This is a great company to work for! Great advancement opportunities, compensation and benefits. Highly recommended to any looking for a career.
Productive workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Pearl, MSMay 28, 2015
Great place to work, opportunities to grow within the company, everyone usually seems to be in a good mood, great work environment
Fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Temecula, CaMay 21, 2015
Although working at Scott's is tough and very fast pace, the work keeps you focused and the hours are great. The hardest part about the job is learning a new task but when you're able to grasp it everything becomes easier. Working here taught me to work at a fast pace and to be able to work together as a team.
A flexible type of job
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Runnemede, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: independent
Cons: late hours
Being an outside sale representative is hard work but is flexible and you have the power to write your own checks. Most of the time, it will be door to door sales but in the event of bad weather, you get the experience of inside sales as well.
Best Merchandising job
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Inglewood,CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: freedom to work on my own
I loved working for the Scotts Company because of the work hours and weekends off. I enjoyed merchandising for the company and they provided shirts that protected us in the summer.
Sales Management
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2015
Manage a $10 Million, 35 store , Home Depot, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart market for all Scotts, Ortho, Miracle-Gro, and Roundup product lines. Maintain an ongoing partnership with accounts by conducting high impact business meetings with District Managers to ensure sufficient display space among the region and district. Hire and provide leadership to team of up to 15 merchandisers to achieve volume and expense targets, provide coaching, feedback and development with a budget exceeding $65,000. Review Merchandisers timesheets. Organize, delegate, and prioritize merchandisers to meet deadlines. Manage inventory flow among Home Depot accounts.
Difficult place to work. Not for everyone.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Groveland, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Once again, difficult place to work. Not for everyone. Excellent associates to work with. All very co-operative. Some of the best workers I've ever worked with in my life.
Fun place to work. Can be crazy at times.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Good company and cool superviser. Lots of over time. Good equipment.
Great college job
Product Merchandiser & Counselor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Great college job with fair starting wages. Seasonal. Work at local home improvement stores.
Fun, Fast- Paced.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Scotts has provided me a vast array of agronomic training. I have developed here as a sales rep . There are many opportunities to shine, and advance in the company. It is a fun place to work and I thoroughly enjoy being part of a winning team.
Deadline driven but also laid back environment
Routing Specialist (Current Employee), West Chester, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good work environment, challenging
Cons: laid off during winter
The job itself is deadline driven. Each day, work has to be done by a certain time. After the deadline, the work environment turns into a more laid back work. The rest of the day is about running reports, looking at revenue availability, and forecasting for the branches I work with on a daily basis.
Would not work there again
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Groveland, FLDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free safty lunches if no one was hurt the previous month
Cons: no job security, no advancement, maintenence on machines terrible.
Worked as a temp to hire, or so I thought. Company has a no nicotine policy for new hires only.
Horrible place to work
Door to Door Sales Rep/ Aerator and Overseeder (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: payday thats it
Cons: wages, management, environment everything else
If you like to walk and walk and walk and walk then you will love a door to door sales position with this company. If you like to talk and talk and talk and talk the same thing holds true. If you like to work in brutal cold or blistering hot weather than be my guest and sign up for this sham of a job. If you like to work 6 days a week and an average of 70 hours per week with no family work balance than what are you waiting for. If you like to hold a seasonal figure 20 week job that pays nothing but survival money than step right up. If you want to be told that after 20 weeks of hard work that the only way they can keep you is to make you an aerator over seeder; which by the way is one of the most physically challenging jobs a man can do; in blistering humid conditions sign right here on the dotted line. If you want to work for a company that does not give a hoot about its customers and constantly be yelled at by those same customers what are you waiting for LOL
Employees