The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Great job.
Community Access Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
My job entailed assisting people to have access to resources and services for basic needs such as housing, employment, food hampers, bus tickets etc. I found this job to be very rewarding.
Pros
Lots of support for staff.
Fun and rewarding
ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER - THE BLIND MONK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
I really enjoyed cooking and serving my clients ( homeless). It always a treat to make sure my clients had food in them so they could carry on with their day or share their stories by end of the day.
Pros
Helping people out
Cons
Be treat like noone cares some days
soul fulfilling career
Distribution and recycling manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 June 2017
Excellent job for soul fulfillment. Great people great cause. Had I not been re locating I would have happily stayed. A transfer was not available in my new area.
Christmas part time work
Customer service, public relations (Former Employee) –  Ajax, Pickering15 June 2017
Nice to meet new people and interact with them. Good training. Salvation Army Kettle Program help people in need in Durham area. They also provided me with Salvation Army vest.
Cons
short period work
Great Experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 June 2017
Was A wonderful place to feel you were making a difference. Just wish that you had a chance to try different stations instead of just sorting cloths. Unless you were friends with Management you stayed in one place and didn't get to rotate any where.
Great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON7 June 2017
working here there was always a positive attitude i loved coming here, there was never a day i dreaded coming in. staff is amazing, wish i could go back.
Temp
Kettle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 June 2017
This was a Seasonal job. I handled the operations of the Kettles and all the volunteers to make sure all shifts were filled. Drop off the kettles at the locations each day and sometime pick them up at the end of the day. Sometimes had to fill in.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
Very Good Environment to work. Good Staff with very good caring . there is a so many programme for all kind of people (kids,older and youngest , ) they also take any donation and give away lots of stuff
Working with people with addictions and mental issues.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Ontario31 May 2017
Client attended classes in the morning, had lunch and then continued attending afternoon classes. They received free time to get fresh air and to shop for items they needed such as toiletries . They attended AA or NA meetings in the evenings and weekends. They were allowed visitors. Upon clompletion of the program, clients attended their graduation ceremony.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
Stressful
Positive place to work!
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 May 2017
The Salvation Army is a great place to work. Everyday I am challenged with new tasks and learning opportunities. I truly feel that I am making a difference and helping people around me.
Flexible environment with good interpersonal relationships with other staff
Form Master/ English Tutor (Current Employee) –  DORMAA Ahenkro30 May 2017
I love this job because of my passion but remuneration and motivation is very low. My salary is below $10per hour. I would love to explore other parts of the world hence the need to secure other jobs.
Pros
Free Accommodation
Cons
Low income
salvation army was great
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ON26 May 2017
doing volunteer hours at salvation army was great. people were friendly and you never felt out of place. management was great and everything always went down without a problem
Pros
free food
Cons
no AC on hot days
Productive and great place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
The Salvation Army fosters learning and personal growth.The company is a great place to work.The environment is competitive and fast paced, Many opportunities to grow and train.
I would recommend this workplace to others.
Community service review
Community Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 May 2017
It is a good place to get community service done, the staff there were very friendly and they will accept any who come there. If you are a student in need of doing some community service hours to get your resume, this would be a great place to do so.
educative place
Volunteer Job - Salvation Army (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2017
it was a good avenue to give back to the society in my own little way. I learned how to interact with customers better. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for long hours and having just short breaks. Overall, it was a good experience.
Fun and it was to help others
Kettle Host (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC17 May 2017
I enjoyed it because the funds went to help others in need. Therefore it was task I knew went to people who needed it the most during Christmas. The company laid out the work needed done in a simple matter and was straight forward which I enjoyed.
fun place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2017
A lot of organizing, but other than that everyone is cool. One thing I dislike is the place itself. The place is so duty with too much dust. No major sweeping is ever made. Every day is dusty. We could get sick one day.
Pros
nice people
Cons
dusty
Interesting
Relief Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 May 2017
This was a great job until management made questionable changes. But its a job that really makes you feel good about things. You get yo help the homeless and try and make someones day a little better.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
No comment
I only did volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
They are nice and it was easy work. It was a long time ago so I don't remember it so well. I remember you needed to be able to work one on one with the people who come in.
Good organization
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC8 May 2017
Good organization to work for. Many opportunities to learn and develop skills and connections. Was able to network with different people. Would recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.