The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Canada

great organization to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2016
managed store and employees. Handled organizing of volunteers. Managed area promotions,public relations and quarterly inventories.worked for blue bag it to organize donations.
Pros
helping people in need.
salvation army
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 21, 2016
working for the salvation army gave me great experience in managing two store locations also it enhanced my customer service experience
Good Place for Volunteering.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2016
I was a volunteer at the salvation army, it was easy going and fun, the people there were very warm and kindhearted people as well as very welcoming.
enjoyable and great staff
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 26, 2016
working with the army has educated me in what hard ships peole face ,not only day to day ,but also long term. I now do more for people in need and look different at my surroundings
Great Coworkers
Health Cake Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 16, 2016
Although the days are long, it goes by great. I have had the pleasure of having the best coworkers I could ever ask for. Management is supportive.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
It was fun wrapping gifts for a good cause. Working with co workers was nice. Hardest part of job was around christmas time when there was a lot go gift wrapping to do.
Front desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SKMay 2, 2016
I loved my co-workers. Everyone became like a family in this work environment and we were always helping the less fortunate
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
drive to work
work environment great
Family Services(Externship) (Former Employee) –  Bloor CenytralMarch 26, 2016
a lot of room to enhance interpersonal skills as well learning to deal with the public as individuals as a whole. As well as being to understand their needs.
The staff and managers I worked with over the years were great.
SALES ASSOCIATE/STORE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Langley & Surrey BCJune 6, 2013
There were a couple of managers that I worked under that made all the difference in making it a great job. We also had some great team members that we managed at the various stores we managed. Upper management at Head office wasn't always a pleasure to work with or for, but it's the team you work with on a daily basis that really matters. Salary was average and there was opportunity to move up as a store manager but not anywhere beyond that. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with customers, but it was also the most rewarding. A typical day working in a Thrift store was ensuring that donations were sorted and what was salable was priced and then put onto the sales floor. It was not an easy job but was truly fun because you never knew what you'd find in that next box!
Pros
finding unique treasure and meeting new people
Cons
finding unique treasure and meeting unique people
Fun work place
Store Associate/Floater (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Salvation Army was a place that i loved to work at. The pay wasn't the best, but the people that i worked with i wouldn't forget.
i learned that sometimes money isn't what you want when you can work with awesome people and make the day go by faster
Pros
Understanding management.
Cons
Drama
A truely giving place to work.
Cook full coursed meals for 300 men (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
Salvation Army helps so many people and I was so lucky to be part of that.
So many caring people all in one place. Beautiful
clean
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
A lot people come shopping most of them is the old people old people their nice i love helping them and they have a lot of stories to tell plus when they cant pick up heavy stuff i always help them and they love me.
A1
Relief Residential Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Binbrook, ONApril 12, 2016
Awesome employer! You really feel like you belong to part of the team. It is an employer that you can move up in and gain experience.
Interesting and challenging very rewarding
Certified Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Refer to resume please it has all of the pertinent clinical detailed information for each career outlined. Thank you for your time.
great organization to work for and build experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 26, 2016
It is an empowering organization with an amazing value. The goal of people is to help others and I enjoyed working here. Everyone is very understanding and encouraging.
kettle worker
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hagersville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Fun meeting people. And how people are very good at giving money.
I enjoy talking to people. I stand near at kettle and people put money in the kettle. The people l work with are very nine, a helpful. The hardest part of the job is l like walking around. l like help people.
Pros
great lunch
Cons
hour not long alot
Great work environment.
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2016
This seems to be a bit of a mom and pops operation, a bit behind the times in the way they operate, but a great team and work environment.
Pros
Great team and support
Cons
Small caseload making for long days sometimes.
No place for growth with company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Day stars off as sorting through customer donations. Meeting store quotas for the day. I learned throughout the years about the necessity of the people in our community that need help and support in order to survive. They strive to make ends meet with the little they have. It is quite the emotional roller coaster to hear some of the things they have gone and are still going through. Management has a very poor work ethic , not following procedures, and poorly leadership skills to maintain an open door policy when it comes down to it's employees. Many employees from different backgrounds, learned about their culture. Since there was not much involvement from management on fulfilling things in the store, basically the co workers each manage their tasks alone, not as a team. They prioritized things as they saw fit from the lack of input from management. No support from management and human resources just makes anyone not be happy to even continue to be in a toxic and where respect and equalized standards are not being met. Throughout the years had the opportunity to meet and work closely with some members of the community, even if it meant just listening to them i am glad i had the chance to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
diversity of cultures
Cons
poor salary, no room for advancement, poor management, standing long hours
fruitful and beneficial employment
a volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wingham, ONDecember 22, 2015
These different jobs helped me to grow and stretch in my understanding and application of the Christian faith. I found opportunity to develop my thinking on the intellectual foundations of my theological position.
Pros
Opportunity to study.
Cons
Sometimes there were interpersonal and sibling conflicts.
Safe enviroment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 1, 2015
I only volunteered for a week, but over all I managed a better organizing skills. Never really came in contact with co-workers much unless I brought boxes of outdated clothes to the back entrance. I didn't find there was any hard part about this job. Most enjoyable part was being asked the same question over and over again from customers.
Pros
Mcdonalds across street

The Salvation Army Reviews by Location