The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

great carrer base for people who wish to be in costomer service
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2016
A day at work is to prepare the daily task ,due to working with donations ,employees ,volunteers and community workers as well as guest\customers.
I have learned to be patient ,working for and being around the less fortunate, i was an auctioneer as well, as many problem solving solver for issues within the store witch as kept me humble/modest
the hardest part of the job was the salary was making 29000/year witch was not sufficient or equivalent to the daily workload on feet 9hours a day ,many lifting of items more than 45lbs,
Most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in someones filling a new home with furniture ,giving back to the community 93% of profit,helping new immigrants, fire victims, battered woman has really helped me appreciate life
Pros
genuine smiles from guest, great leaders, great benefits, sence of accomplishments
Cons
low salary, high dangerous variable costumer issues
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 July 2016
An excellent place to work. The staff are friendly, and bubbly and willing to help where necessary.
I love working with these people....and would love to work with them again in the future.
Pros
lots of room for advancement
Cons
some long shifts
food bank drop in centre
Food insecurity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2016
This is a food bank and community organization agency which feeds the blight of the community and people that are in poverty. Also they help with referrals in other agencies.Such as housing and shelters and transitional housing. or ontario works.
Pros
feed the community
Cons
not open on saturdays.
Pretty Good overall
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bells Corners, ON30 June 2016
Simple work, safe, but some customers can be on the annoying side, other than that can't complain. Learned general people skills as well as organisation.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Easy work
Good experience
Volunteered at Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
Good experience for me to volunteer and work in salvation army
• Handed out sandwiches to the underprivileged in the Salvation Army shelter
Productive team
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2016
I used to worked full time with Salvation Army before I back to school. I enjoyed my worked as being with the team. I worked with incredible team that was my enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Some time needed to work in donation alone.
salvation army
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 June 2016
working for the salvation army gave me great experience in managing two store locations also it enhanced my customer service experience
Enjoyable staff, great workers and a fun envirorment
Kettle Host (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 June 2016
Worked alone, greeted people that donated and passed by. Got to meet a lot of nice people and would differently recommend this job to other people
Pros
Met a lot of people
Productive and Fun
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  9919 MacDonald Ave17 June 2016
My experience working with Salvation Army was productive, and enjoyable, grate management in overall, as well as excellent team work with entire co-workers,
Very Fast Paced Job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2016
Not a job where i can keep up running on my feet as fast as everyone else. so time to move on and find something more suitable, a typical day at work. start off with a huge bag of donated clothes, and sort through dirty smelly and clean clothes. and pick the best Quality Clothing and to be hung and tagged, by 5:15 and you must be able to find at least 2000 pieces a day or more depending on what donations they receive.
Cons
Sore feet and body at the end of the day
Helpful and friendly
Administrative Assistant (co-op) (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2016
This was a 2 week co-op position that was at the end of my administration training. The work I did was mainly through the Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel and Publisher.
Volunteer experience
reciever/retail worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 June 2016
Was good to volunteer but wouldnt prefer to work there as a retail worker, would rather work as a shipper/reciever. I learned what to do and what to not do as a retail worker. Co-workers are very nice.
What I enjoyed working for the Salvation Army,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 June 2016
A typical day at work was providing customer services to Salvation Army clientele. I learned how to prioritize and organize using time management; as well as providing Customer Service. Management was good at all areas relating to Salvation Army services offered and treated the employees well. The newer co workers weren't as educated in the Salvation Army Services long term employees but when any question arrived the Salvation Management team had patience in explaining and showing how to do the task at hand. I didn't find difficulties with the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was building friendship as well as providing services to the community.
Pros
Great people and decent pay
Cons
Miscommuncation sometimes.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 June 2016
The salvation army was a great place to be apart of. As i was attending school in September my position was not offered as part time and due to my scheduled not accommodating the work hours required I had no other choice but to resign.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Unsafe donations
Good Place for Volunteering.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
I was a volunteer at the salvation army, it was easy going and fun, the people there were very warm and kindhearted people as well as very welcoming.
Clean environment, productive workplace
Shelf Stocker, Sales assistant, customer service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 May 2016
The workplace is filled with friendly coworkers and supervisors to be around. The changing atmosphere of the workplace always provided an interesting and enjoyable experience.
Pros
long beraks
Great Coworkers
Health Cake Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2016
Although the days are long, it goes by great. I have had the pleasure of having the best coworkers I could ever ask for. Management is supportive.
what I had to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2016
I do not like the bar scene personally and I don't drink , but at this time I needed a casual job to help off set cost of living as a single mom of 3 !
I was able to work 3 nights per week after my regular job and the staff were very great and I have to admit it wasn't all bad being a bouncer in a bar in the NWT.
Friendly and Enjoyable Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2016
My typical day at work includes a short meeting at the beginning of my shift. This meeting usually discusses our daily budget, monthly quota, any health and safety concerns, and the assignment of positions and tasks for each individual. I would have to say working at the Salvation Army has taught me primarily how to properly handle an uncomfortable or stressful situation, both with co-workers and guests. The hardest part of this job is making the most with the resources that are given as Salvation Army is an organization, which has its limitations. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing the positive impact we make on our community and families!
Pros
The diversity of my co-workers and guests.
Cons
Travel distance and time.
Good experience but not a good working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2016
The place was really dirty but i was able to gain some skills in retail services. I learned how to adapt to my surrounding and work to to my fullest potential by completing all assigned task.

The Salvation Army Reviews by Location