The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Pretty Good overall
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bells Corners, ONJune 30, 2016
Simple work, safe, but some customers can be on the annoying side, other than that can't complain. Learned general people skills as well as organisation.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Easy work
Good experience
Volunteered at Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Good experience for me to volunteer and work in salvation army
• Handed out sandwiches to the underprivileged in the Salvation Army shelter
Productive and Fun
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  9919 MacDonald AveJune 17, 2016
My experience working with Salvation Army was productive, and enjoyable, grate management in overall, as well as excellent team work with entire co-workers,
salvation army
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 21, 2016
working for the salvation army gave me great experience in managing two store locations also it enhanced my customer service experience
Good experience but not a good working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 5, 2016
The place was really dirty but i was able to gain some skills in retail services. I learned how to adapt to my surrounding and work to to my fullest potential by completing all assigned task.
The staff and managers I worked with over the years were great.
SALES ASSOCIATE/STORE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Langley & Surrey BCJune 6, 2013
There were a couple of managers that I worked under that made all the difference in making it a great job. We also had some great team members that we managed at the various stores we managed. Upper management at Head office wasn't always a pleasure to work with or for, but it's the team you work with on a daily basis that really matters. Salary was average and there was opportunity to move up as a store manager but not anywhere beyond that. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with customers, but it was also the most rewarding. A typical day working in a Thrift store was ensuring that donations were sorted and what was salable was priced and then put onto the sales floor. It was not an easy job but was truly fun because you never knew what you'd find in that next box!
Pros
finding unique treasure and meeting new people
Cons
finding unique treasure and meeting unique people
Good Place for Volunteering.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2016
I was a volunteer at the salvation army, it was easy going and fun, the people there were very warm and kindhearted people as well as very welcoming.
Great place to work and experience such diversity.
Intake & Assessment Worker (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
A constant change in atmospheres due to such challenging situations. Very supportive environment with co-workers and Management. Hardest part of the job is seeing clients unfortunate situations. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and return smiles to my clients faces.
Intensive work environment
Residential Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
on the midnight shift I took part in file managemnent, as well as doing house checks and maintaning log books. I enjoyed connecting with clients and helping them complete there goals set out in there case management plans.
enjoyable place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIRJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Salvation Army and I learned many skills here that have helped me work with the public in many situations. I worked my way up from being a dishwasher to being the Head Receptionist and Administrative Assistant. A typical day at work included answering telephones, meeting and greeting the public, using Microsoft Office, Accounts, Inventories, Cashing up Register at the end of the day. I loved working in this type of environment
great organization to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2016
managed store and employees. Handled organizing of volunteers. Managed area promotions,public relations and quarterly inventories.worked for blue bag it to organize donations.
Pros
helping people in need.
Great Coworkers
Health Cake Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 16, 2016
Although the days are long, it goes by great. I have had the pleasure of having the best coworkers I could ever ask for. Management is supportive.
enjoyable and great staff
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 26, 2016
working with the army has educated me in what hard ships peole face ,not only day to day ,but also long term. I now do more for people in need and look different at my surroundings
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
It was fun wrapping gifts for a good cause. Working with co workers was nice. Hardest part of job was around christmas time when there was a lot go gift wrapping to do.
Front desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SKMay 2, 2016
I loved my co-workers. Everyone became like a family in this work environment and we were always helping the less fortunate
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
drive to work
work environment great
Family Services(Externship) (Former Employee) –  Bloor CenytralMarch 26, 2016
a lot of room to enhance interpersonal skills as well learning to deal with the public as individuals as a whole. As well as being to understand their needs.
A truely giving place to work.
Cook full coursed meals for 300 men (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
Salvation Army helps so many people and I was so lucky to be part of that.
So many caring people all in one place. Beautiful
clean
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
A lot people come shopping most of them is the old people old people their nice i love helping them and they have a lot of stories to tell plus when they cant pick up heavy stuff i always help them and they love me.
A1
Relief Residential Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Binbrook, ONApril 12, 2016
Awesome employer! You really feel like you belong to part of the team. It is an employer that you can move up in and gain experience.
Fun work place
Store Associate/Floater (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Salvation Army was a place that i loved to work at. The pay wasn't the best, but the people that i worked with i wouldn't forget.
i learned that sometimes money isn't what you want when you can work with awesome people and make the day go by faster
Pros
Understanding management.
Cons
Drama

The Salvation Army Reviews by Location