The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

food bank drop in centre
Food insecurity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2016
This is a food bank and community organization agency which feeds the blight of the community and people that are in poverty. Also they help with referrals in other agencies.Such as housing and shelters and transitional housing. or ontario works.
Pros
feed the community
Cons
not open on saturdays.
Collecting donations for a good cause.
Kettle Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 1, 2016
My job as a kettle attendant involved manning the Salvation Army where people made donations. I also had to incentive people to donate money to a worthy cause - by explaining how the Salvation Army in Ottawa helps the homeless and disenfranchised.
Fun workplace with amazing people!
Donation attendent (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 22, 2016
This job has its ups and downs just like any other job. They don't pay the greatest but the people are the ones who are down to earth. Over all the work environment with great and everyone is treated the same!
Pros
Great people and okay shifts!
Cons
Long hours!
Fun place to work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 17, 2016
Co-wokers I enjoy very much
I enjoy every aspect. The management team is good and I like coming to work. I wish I got paid more but what can you do when the CEO only makes 27,000 a year because we give back to the community.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Minium wage
Intensive work environment
Residential Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
on the midnight shift I took part in file managemnent, as well as doing house checks and maintaning log books. I enjoyed connecting with clients and helping them complete there goals set out in there case management plans.
I enjoyed working with these friendly, fun, and hardworking co-workers, being trained by them, and enjoying all the work and experiences involved work
Helper (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BCJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, meeting new people, and the way they expressed their appreciation for the work I did.
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 14, 2016
An excellent place to work. The staff are friendly, and bubbly and willing to help where necessary.
I love working with these people....and would love to work with them again in the future.
Pros
lots of room for advancement
Cons
some long shifts
great organization to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2016
managed store and employees. Handled organizing of volunteers. Managed area promotions,public relations and quarterly inventories.worked for blue bag it to organize donations.
Pros
helping people in need.
very beneficial job
Bell Ringer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2016
This job was one of the best I've had even though I didn't work there long. This job gives a you a sense of feeling like you're really doing something to help the community and often times didn't even fee like a job.
Great place to work.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 18, 2016
I truly enjoy working at the Salvation Army. My co-workers are like family and helping people to help others recover from their addictions is very rewarding.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Only part-time employment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 3, 2016
The salvation army was a great place to be apart of. As i was attending school in September my position was not offered as part time and due to my scheduled not accommodating the work hours required I had no other choice but to resign.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Unsafe donations
Productive team
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2016
I used to worked full time with Salvation Army before I back to school. I enjoyed my worked as being with the team. I worked with incredible team that was my enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Some time needed to work in donation alone.
what I had to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 15, 2016
I do not like the bar scene personally and I don't drink , but at this time I needed a casual job to help off set cost of living as a single mom of 3 !
I was able to work 3 nights per week after my regular job and the staff were very great and I have to admit it wasn't all bad being a bouncer in a bar in the NWT.
No benefits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2016
Cleaned the store in morning, had great co-workers, worked has a cashier/sales associate, customer service. A good place to work
Pros
Got great stuff donated
Cons
No full time positions
Clean environment, productive workplace
Shelf Stocker, Sales assistant, customer service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 21, 2016
The workplace is filled with friendly coworkers and supervisors to be around. The changing atmosphere of the workplace always provided an interesting and enjoyable experience.
Pros
long beraks
Fun environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work is fun well productive. There are always new faces and new finds.Everyone is friendly and encourages one another to bring forth their bests.
Enjoyable staff, great workers and a fun envirorment
Kettle Host (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 19, 2016
Worked alone, greeted people that donated and passed by. Got to meet a lot of nice people and would differently recommend this job to other people
Pros
Met a lot of people
Genuinely caring people
Strategy & Change Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2016
The staff and managers are great to work with. The salary levels are low but the flexibility and ability to work from home are great.
Housekeeper/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2016
I've always wanted to work in a kitchen, Salvation Army made that possible. I will always be grateful for them and all the experience they gave me.
Volunteer experience
reciever/retail worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 15, 2016
Was good to volunteer but wouldnt prefer to work there as a retail worker, would rather work as a shipper/reciever. I learned what to do and what to not do as a retail worker. Co-workers are very nice.

The Salvation Army Reviews by Location