The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dynamic, Fluctuating Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Courtenay, BCFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Helping those in need
Cons: Excessive garbage, sub-par management
A typical day involves the receiving, sorting, and pricing of donations which can range from clothes, books and housewares, to furniture, mattresses, and dressers.
The rate at which you work fluctuates often as it is almost entirely dependent on the amount of donations that are being received and the rate at which items are being sold. This requires a lot of adaptability and thinking on your toes, which may work for some, but not for others.
The hardest part of this job is having to sort through all the garbage and useless junk that often comes with donations.
The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely the satisfaction of having helped someone who was in need.
Great work environment.
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Great team and support
Cons: Small caseload making for long days sometimes.
This seems to be a bit of a mom and pops operation, a bit behind the times in the way they operate, but a great team and work environment.
enjoyable place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Belfast, NIRJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Salvation Army and I learned many skills here that have helped me work with the public in many situations. I worked my way up from being a dishwasher to being the Head Receptionist and Administrative Assistant. A typical day at work included answering telephones, meeting and greeting the public, using Microsoft Office, Accounts, Inventories, Cashing up Register at the end of the day. I loved working in this type of environment
kettle worker
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hagersville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: great lunch
Cons: hour not long alot
Fun meeting people. And how people are very good at giving money.
I enjoy talking to people. I stand near at kettle and people put money in the kettle. The people l work with are very nine, a helpful. The hardest part of the job is l like walking around. l like help people.
Great place to work and experience such diversity.
Intake & Assessment Worker (part-time) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
A constant change in atmospheres due to such challenging situations. Very supportive environment with co-workers and Management. Hardest part of the job is seeing clients unfortunate situations. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and return smiles to my clients faces.
Fun Place to work
DZ Driver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Dz driver loading and unloading materials and furniture in the Toronto and Mississauga area

Wonderful and supportive staff
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), st. vincentJanuary 8, 2016
it was a great place to volunteer, to help those who couldn't help themselves and provide for those who needed it the most.
Interesting and challenging very rewarding
Certified Nursing Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Refer to resume please it has all of the pertinent clinical detailed information for each career outlined. Thank you for your time.
Fun work place
Store Associate/Floater (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: Understanding management.
Cons: Drama
Salvation Army was a place that i loved to work at. The pay wasn't the best, but the people that i worked with i wouldn't forget.
i learned that sometimes money isn't what you want when you can work with awesome people and make the day go by faster
fruitful and beneficial employment
a volunteer (Current Employee), Wingham, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to study.
Cons: Sometimes there were interpersonal and sibling conflicts.
These different jobs helped me to grow and stretch in my understanding and application of the Christian faith. I found opportunity to develop my thinking on the intellectual foundations of my theological position.
Salvation
TELEMARKETER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Markham, ONDecember 12, 2015
This was a voluntary base job. Good environment and friendly people all working for a good cause. Learned many strong qualifications that are embedded into my work style. Overall a good learning experience.
Average retail job
Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCDecember 9, 2015
Worked the cash most of the time. Was always dusty but it wasn't a bad place to work. Everyone treated each other well. Just wasn't a long term job for me after high school
Safe enviroment
Store Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Mcdonalds across street
I only volunteered for a week, but over all I managed a better organizing skills. Never really came in contact with co-workers much unless I brought boxes of outdated clothes to the back entrance. I didn't find there was any hard part about this job. Most enjoyable part was being asked the same question over and over again from customers.
Bad management, good benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Bad management
I worked at Salvation Army for 2 years. The management was not the best but they did give good benefits. We had to go through raw donations and some of the things we came across were disgusting and half the time they didn't have gloves for us to wear. I even had to pick up a needle that someone had left outside of our store. Obviously I had put gloves on for this, I actually put on about three different pairs.
Productive and Friendly Employees
Supervisor - Julia Parker (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 17, 2015
My day was always filled with friendliness and support from staff. A very giving and charitable organization and it was a privilege to have worked with them.
Work was good
Custodian (Current Employee), Gravenhurst, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: For a good cause
Cons: part time-no money
No money and no increases. Receive and process donations, Dump run with company vehicle. The actual job is worth more than minimum wage.
Fun in the workplace
Camp Counsellor (summer employment) (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: I got to be a kid all day at work
Cons: Challenging to deal with some children on a day to day basis
On a typical day I would teach arts and crafts along with bible stories to children of all ages.

I learned how to discipline people differently because everyone has a different mental capacity and it was about finding that balance

Played games with all children on a daily basis
it was a community service job
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 2, 2015
often i was tagging clothes or i was on the floor generally easy. the other members of the company were all nice, i was doing school hours at this busenuiess and that is all.
fun place to work and rewarding
Key holder, Full time production (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 2, 2015
The Salvation Army was a great experience, it was a busy store. It was rewarding helping those in need. There was always something to do and we were faced with different challenges everyday.I enjoyed the problem solving and teamwork it involved
Review summary
Christmas Hamper Help (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 26, 2015
Volunteering for the Christmas Hamper at Salvation army was such a great experiance, i felt like I was really helping. Picking out toys and clothings for the children was a really great time.