The Salvation Army Employee Review

View all The Salvation Army reviews

Diverse atmosphere with colorful patrons
Sales Associate/Daily Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC4 October 2013
While being responsible primarily for Thrift Store Sales I was able to also interact with a variety of customers from myriad walks of life.
I learned a lot of patience and was exposed to situations that tested my inner strength. I have a lot of respect for my co-workers there and the strength it takes to work with the homeless, the needy and the mentally challenged. These people were both my favorite part of the job and also the most trying; Having to keep calm and in control when needing to respond to an emergency caused by a client used a lot of mental and physical energy but some of my volunteers could melt your heart by bringing you a flower and a handwritten note.

I was a PT Employee and didn't interact with management very often as I worked completely unsupervised during my time at The Salvation Army, except when we did the Kettles at Christmas.
Pros
Sundays off, Social Atmosphere, Variety of daily tasks
Cons
Stressful situations, Lack of hours

Other The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Volunteer Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 November 2017
My typical day involved preparing foods and packaging and I learned a lot from other Volunteers while volunteering for Salvation Army.
We served food at a the same time everyday for a lot of people. The hardest part of the job was interacting with customers with bad temperaments. The most enjoyable part about this was giving back to the community and I love volunteering.
Great Place To Work
Camp At Home Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 November 2017
A really fun environment where I made great connections and learned leadership skills.

Learning to manage situations and lead people was hard at times but very rewarding and exciting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.