The Salvation Army Employee Review

View all The Salvation Army reviews

Diverse atmosphere with colorful patrons
Sales Associate/Daily Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC4 October 2013
While being responsible primarily for Thrift Store Sales I was able to also interact with a variety of customers from myriad walks of life.
I learned a lot of patience and was exposed to situations that tested my inner strength. I have a lot of respect for my co-workers there and the strength it takes to work with the homeless, the needy and the mentally challenged. These people were both my favorite part of the job and also the most trying; Having to keep calm and in control when needing to respond to an emergency caused by a client used a lot of mental and physical energy but some of my volunteers could melt your heart by bringing you a flower and a handwritten note.

I was a PT Employee and didn't interact with management very often as I worked completely unsupervised during my time at The Salvation Army, except when we did the Kettles at Christmas.
Pros
Sundays off, Social Atmosphere, Variety of daily tasks
Cons
Stressful situations, Lack of hours

Other The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

It was a fun place to volunteer at and help people out
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 February 2018
I enjoyed helping people out during the Christmas holidays who couldn't afford gifts or food and it also helped me learn some social skills which helped when it came to talking to people
Ii attended a cooking class and it was really fun learning other recipes
Casual/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2018
Its a good place to volunteer, work. I learnt a lot from the organization. From attending to peoples needs, caring for them and showing love. I really do not see any difficulty in the job because its a normal day to day activity. I enjoyed the company of my co-volunteer and the supervisor is really nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K