The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Canada

very beneficial job
Bell Ringer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2016
This job was one of the best I've had even though I didn't work there long. This job gives a you a sense of feeling like you're really doing something to help the community and often times didn't even fee like a job.
Fun workplace with amazing people!
Donation attendent (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 22, 2016
This job has its ups and downs just like any other job. They don't pay the greatest but the people are the ones who are down to earth. Over all the work environment with great and everyone is treated the same!
Pros
Great people and okay shifts!
Cons
Long hours!
Fun environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work is fun well productive. There are always new faces and new finds.Everyone is friendly and encourages one another to bring forth their bests.
Housekeeper/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2016
I've always wanted to work in a kitchen, Salvation Army made that possible. I will always be grateful for them and all the experience they gave me.
I enjoyed working with these friendly, fun, and hardworking co-workers, being trained by them, and enjoying all the work and experiences involved work
Helper (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BCJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, meeting new people, and the way they expressed their appreciation for the work I did.
productive and fun experience helping the community and church group.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 24, 2016
I mostly have experience providing volunteer service to the community. I was always on the go for helping people with questions and helping them figure out what they had to do. I learned to communicate efficiently with basically customers of all ages and my co-workers as well. I also learned to work in a fast paced environment where there was always someone in need of what I could offer. I easily adapt to a new environment with new people and always try to work the best of me at all times. I always enjoyed working with people and proving my service to customers.
Pros
had fun helping and communicating with others
Cons
no salary
No benefits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2016
Cleaned the store in morning, had great co-workers, worked has a cashier/sales associate, customer service. A good place to work
Pros
Got great stuff donated
Cons
No full time positions
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 20, 2016
Your main job is to short clothes in the front of the store and as well as in the back. I have learned that one needs to be able to get used to being on ones feet for a long time and as well as communicating with the rest of the employees effectively. The management told us what is needed to be done by the end of the day. My co-workers were friendly and helpful individuals. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for long hours. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, they were helpful and understanding.
Pros
Breaks are fairly good
Cons
Being on your feet for long hours
Great place to work.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 18, 2016
I truly enjoy working at the Salvation Army. My co-workers are like family and helping people to help others recover from their addictions is very rewarding.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Only part-time employment.
great carrer base for people who wish to be in costomer service
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 18, 2016
A day at work is to prepare the daily task ,due to working with donations ,employees ,volunteers and community workers as well as guest\customers.
I have learned to be patient ,working for and being around the less fortunate, i was an auctioneer as well, as many problem solving solver for issues within the store witch as kept me humble/modest
the hardest part of the job was the salary was making 29000/year witch was not sufficient or equivalent to the daily workload on feet 9hours a day ,many lifting of items more than 45lbs,
Most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in someones filling a new home with furniture ,giving back to the community 93% of profit,helping new immigrants, fire victims, battered woman has really helped me appreciate life
Pros
genuine smiles from guest, great leaders, great benefits, sence of accomplishments
Cons
low salary, high dangerous variable costumer issues
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 14, 2016
An excellent place to work. The staff are friendly, and bubbly and willing to help where necessary.
I love working with these people....and would love to work with them again in the future.
Pros
lots of room for advancement
Cons
some long shifts
food bank drop in centre
Food insecurity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2016
This is a food bank and community organization agency which feeds the blight of the community and people that are in poverty. Also they help with referrals in other agencies.Such as housing and shelters and transitional housing. or ontario works.
Pros
feed the community
Cons
not open on saturdays.
Pretty Good overall
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bells Corners, ONJune 30, 2016
Simple work, safe, but some customers can be on the annoying side, other than that can't complain. Learned general people skills as well as organisation.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Easy work
Good experience
Volunteered at Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Good experience for me to volunteer and work in salvation army
• Handed out sandwiches to the underprivileged in the Salvation Army shelter
Productive team
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2016
I used to worked full time with Salvation Army before I back to school. I enjoyed my worked as being with the team. I worked with incredible team that was my enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Some time needed to work in donation alone.
salvation army
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 21, 2016
working for the salvation army gave me great experience in managing two store locations also it enhanced my customer service experience
Enjoyable staff, great workers and a fun envirorment
Kettle Host (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 19, 2016
Worked alone, greeted people that donated and passed by. Got to meet a lot of nice people and would differently recommend this job to other people
Pros
Met a lot of people
Productive and Fun
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  9919 MacDonald AveJune 17, 2016
My experience working with Salvation Army was productive, and enjoyable, grate management in overall, as well as excellent team work with entire co-workers,
Very Fast Paced Job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 16, 2016
Not a job where i can keep up running on my feet as fast as everyone else. so time to move on and find something more suitable, a typical day at work. start off with a huge bag of donated clothes, and sort through dirty smelly and clean clothes. and pick the best Quality Clothing and to be hung and tagged, by 5:15 and you must be able to find at least 2000 pieces a day or more depending on what donations they receive.
Cons
Sore feet and body at the end of the day
Helpful and friendly
Administrative Assistant (co-op) (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
This was a 2 week co-op position that was at the end of my administration training. The work I did was mainly through the Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel and Publisher.

The Salvation Army Reviews by Location