The Salvation Army
2,575 reviews

The Salvation Army Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great work and learning experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: volunteer hours and the acknowledgment
Cons: work load
At each of these places, i was able to improve my job skills and get some new ones such as multicultural sensitivity and technical skills . They both had very friendly and cooperative management teams which i learnt a lot from. The hardest part was trying to balance school work with it and also coming to terms with the work load which i eventually succeed in doing. overall, every other thing was very enjoyable.
Nice place to volunteer at
Voluteer Receiver (Former Employee), Hanover, ONMarch 22, 2015
Was a good place for volunteering, Co workers were pleasant and was a nice environment. Interesting to see some of the stuff that was brought in/donated.
Volunteer
Customer Service (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 14, 2015
• Organize 10 shelf of goods and posting prices
• Lead 3 employees to distribute work effectively
• Communicated with Customers to answer questions and sell products
• Assisted customers with recycling and explaining the monthly offers
Fast Paced and Exciting.
Stocker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 10, 2015
Great company to work for.

Casual fine dining with fusion twists in an eclectic menu, with wine bar and late night entertainment. Locations in Toronto and Richmond Hill.
Very productive, fast paced, fun group of fellow workers, communication with many types of people.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Vernon, BCMarch 9, 2015
Always a different day doing new tasks. Organize every day with limited time. Travel all day in surrounding area. Support with fellow workers and meeting new people everyday. Monday to Friday only.
LOVE THIS PLACE
Volunteer (Former Employee), Sussex, NBFebruary 28, 2015
I had tons of fun working here. I basically supervised teens every friday. It was great hanging out with my friends and also helping out the community.
productive, good training and full of fun
sales representative (Former Employee), Stratford, OntarioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: got sundays off
My job was to stack shelves, organized displays and did cashier. I learnt how to work a till and work with money as well as improve on my customer service. I thoroughly enjoyed working their the staff was great to be around.
Well organized and fun environment to work in.
Youth Mentor/Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: long hours
A typical day at the Salvation army would be picking up kids after school, feeding them, helping them with their homework and then have fun after. Learning how to manage my time in order for me to help the kids has helped me a lot. Since there was no hard part in this volunteer experience I enjoyed every minute of helping the children and speaking with them personally.
Shelter for women and children who have gone through abuse
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: working woth children, great experiance, wonderful people
Cons: had to bus it home
Safe and welcoming enviroment with supportive and careing people working with you and for you. At the Salvation Army it is their job to provide women and children who have dealt in abusive situations, with shelter, food, clothes, and most importantly support and a new start. It is one of the top ranking shelters. My time their was amazing and never wasted. They are good people doing good things.
a typical day
Stocker (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 22, 2015
packing and unpacking boxes and shipment coming in and out of the building.

sorting clothing and returning items to correct spot
A nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 1, 2015
It feels good to work here because this company focuses in helping the community. This is a non-for-profit organization and has a lot of good deeds program.
Good place to start Retail career with flexible Management and Health benefits.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 24, 2014
Customer Service
Sales
Merchandising
Production/Pricing
Inventory Control
Quality Control
Warehouse Experience

Flexible Management/Good and hard working team

Most challenging part of the job is sorting quality items through large amounts of donations in less time and pricing them correctly.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and greeting customers, interacting with them and giving them information on products and items. Selling the best items to customers and making them happy.
great experience and friendly people
Kettle worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: short hours, helpful managers, excellent work environment
My time volunteering for Salvation Army was a great and fun experience. The people are friendly and helpful, and the work environment was professional and relaxing
Great Mission, bad execution
Niagara Falls Retail and Donation Centre Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, OnDecember 9, 2014
Pros: work with some great passionate people.
Cons: high expectations do not equal low salaries given out.
Nice to help the less fortunate and that can be rewarding. But not seen enough, and the business organization of this company loses it's mission focus, and concentrates mostly profits.
amusing part
Customer service (Former Employee), 1219 Bloor Street west Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
unpack and sort clothing donations. Maintain store in clean condition. I have learned how to work with multicultural people, how to solve customers need. the fun part of the job was when the shop was crowded, because I Love seeing clients.
Nice place to work for a short time.
Production Worker/Cashier (Former Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 12, 2014
The benefits package at the Salvation Army are wonderful, but the work is very hard, physically demanding, repetitive and uninteresting.
Alright place to work
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee), Ajax, ONNovember 8, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: long hours
A typical day here is organizing the back room product, making sure the store is clean, setting up merchandise in the right places, helping customers, so on.. Learned how to deal with rude customers, and how to organize fast and efficiently. Most of co-workers made it fun to be there. Wouldn't say there was anything hard, just a bit boring at times when you finish things early..
It was a temporary job
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 6, 2014
I had fun doing it. I worked as a traffic assistance.
I learn how to work in team, and to effectively coordinate things very well.
Productive and fun workplace.
Kettles (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 4, 2014
I enjoyed watching the different people come back to donate to the salvation army.
interesting and alturistic
Drivers Helper (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 21, 2014
very busy days with much physical labour and customer service

1 2 3 4 5

About The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works – Read more

The Salvation Army Photos