The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Good work-place
Assistant Manager, Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Its a good place to start the career but not up to the mark in terms of salary. The management needs to be more understanding of the financial needs of employees
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Poor compensation
learned a lot
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2017
its was allright job just doing snow removal but since there would only be work when there is a lot of snow then it was hard to connect with the current boss to go with him to work.
Great job.
Community Access Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
My job entailed assisting people to have access to resources and services for basic needs such as housing, employment, food hampers, bus tickets etc. I found this job to be very rewarding.
Pros
Lots of support for staff.
Fun and rewarding
ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER - THE BLIND MONK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
I really enjoyed cooking and serving my clients ( homeless). It always a treat to make sure my clients had food in them so they could carry on with their day or share their stories by end of the day.
Pros
Helping people out
Cons
Be treat like noone cares some days
soul fulfilling career
Distribution and recycling manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 June 2017
Excellent job for soul fulfillment. Great people great cause. Had I not been re locating I would have happily stayed. A transfer was not available in my new area.
Great Experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 June 2017
Was A wonderful place to feel you were making a difference. Just wish that you had a chance to try different stations instead of just sorting cloths. Unless you were friends with Management you stayed in one place and didn't get to rotate any where.
Great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON7 June 2017
working here there was always a positive attitude i loved coming here, there was never a day i dreaded coming in. staff is amazing, wish i could go back.
Temp
Kettle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 June 2017
This was a Seasonal job. I handled the operations of the Kettles and all the volunteers to make sure all shifts were filled. Drop off the kettles at the locations each day and sometime pick them up at the end of the day. Sometimes had to fill in.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
Very Good Environment to work. Good Staff with very good caring . there is a so many programme for all kind of people (kids,older and youngest , ) they also take any donation and give away lots of stuff
Productive and great place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
The Salvation Army fosters learning and personal growth.The company is a great place to work.The environment is competitive and fast paced, Many opportunities to grow and train.
I would recommend this workplace to others.

Want to know more about The Salvation Army?

Ask a question
Community service review
Community Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 May 2017
It is a good place to get community service done, the staff there were very friendly and they will accept any who come there. If you are a student in need of doing some community service hours to get your resume, this would be a great place to do so.
Fun and it was to help others
Kettle Host (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC17 May 2017
I enjoyed it because the funds went to help others in need. Therefore it was task I knew went to people who needed it the most during Christmas. The company laid out the work needed done in a simple matter and was straight forward which I enjoyed.
fun place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2017
A lot of organizing, but other than that everyone is cool. One thing I dislike is the place itself. The place is so duty with too much dust. No major sweeping is ever made. Every day is dusty. We could get sick one day.
Pros
nice people
Cons
dusty
Interesting
Relief Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 May 2017
This was a great job until management made questionable changes. But its a job that really makes you feel good about things. You get yo help the homeless and try and make someones day a little better.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
No comment
Good organization
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC8 May 2017
Good organization to work for. Many opportunities to learn and develop skills and connections. Was able to network with different people. Would recommend.
Fun and productive places to work
Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 May 2017
This was my favorite place to work family and community oriented. The fact that this assists a charity meant you were able to feed you some and yourself.
Decent Kitchen Work
On-Call Cook (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 April 2017
Decent workplace, nothing too strenuous. Low pay but unionized so job security is pretty secure. Management is fair and understanding. Would recommend if you're looking for some part-time kitchen work and you can deal with earlier hours.
Pros
Free lunches, Understanding managament
Cons
Early work hours
faith based church and social services agency
Leader (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 April 2017
work within a strong Christian based environment that is non-judgmental and open to all people, upholds a Biblical perspective, work with all ages, in a variety of ways
Friendly and caring work environment
Secretarial Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
Everyone wanted you to succeed at your job, staff was very friendly and helpful. I got a better understanding of how a non-profit company works and the extent to which people's donations/contributions can go a long way in assisting people in need.
Pros
Many different areas to expand into
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 April 2017
Great place to work, good starting job for students.
A typical day at work is steady on cash, good quality product to be put out and meeting lots of new customers, etc. I got cash experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval