The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Canada

Good experience
Volunteered at Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Good experience for me to volunteer and work in salvation army
• Handed out sandwiches to the underprivileged in the Salvation Army shelter
Productive team
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2016
I used to worked full time with Salvation Army before I back to school. I enjoyed my worked as being with the team. I worked with incredible team that was my enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Some time needed to work in donation alone.
salvation army
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 21, 2016
working for the salvation army gave me great experience in managing two store locations also it enhanced my customer service experience
Enjoyable staff, great workers and a fun envirorment
Kettle Host (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 19, 2016
Worked alone, greeted people that donated and passed by. Got to meet a lot of nice people and would differently recommend this job to other people
Pros
Met a lot of people
Productive and Fun
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  9919 MacDonald AveJune 17, 2016
My experience working with Salvation Army was productive, and enjoyable, grate management in overall, as well as excellent team work with entire co-workers,
Very Fast Paced Job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 16, 2016
Not a job where i can keep up running on my feet as fast as everyone else. so time to move on and find something more suitable, a typical day at work. start off with a huge bag of donated clothes, and sort through dirty smelly and clean clothes. and pick the best Quality Clothing and to be hung and tagged, by 5:15 and you must be able to find at least 2000 pieces a day or more depending on what donations they receive.
Cons
Sore feet and body at the end of the day
Helpful and friendly
Administrative Assistant (co-op) (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
This was a 2 week co-op position that was at the end of my administration training. The work I did was mainly through the Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel and Publisher.
Volunteer experience
reciever/retail worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 15, 2016
Was good to volunteer but wouldnt prefer to work there as a retail worker, would rather work as a shipper/reciever. I learned what to do and what to not do as a retail worker. Co-workers are very nice.
What I enjoyed working for the Salvation Army,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work was providing customer services to Salvation Army clientele. I learned how to prioritize and organize using time management; as well as providing Customer Service. Management was good at all areas relating to Salvation Army services offered and treated the employees well. The newer co workers weren't as educated in the Salvation Army Services long term employees but when any question arrived the Salvation Management team had patience in explaining and showing how to do the task at hand. I didn't find difficulties with the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was building friendship as well as providing services to the community.
Pros
Great people and decent pay
Cons
Miscommuncation sometimes.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 3, 2016
The salvation army was a great place to be apart of. As i was attending school in September my position was not offered as part time and due to my scheduled not accommodating the work hours required I had no other choice but to resign.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Unsafe donations
Good Place for Volunteering.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2016
I was a volunteer at the salvation army, it was easy going and fun, the people there were very warm and kindhearted people as well as very welcoming.
Clean environment, productive workplace
Shelf Stocker, Sales assistant, customer service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 21, 2016
The workplace is filled with friendly coworkers and supervisors to be around. The changing atmosphere of the workplace always provided an interesting and enjoyable experience.
Pros
long beraks
Great Coworkers
Health Cake Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 16, 2016
Although the days are long, it goes by great. I have had the pleasure of having the best coworkers I could ever ask for. Management is supportive.
what I had to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 15, 2016
I do not like the bar scene personally and I don't drink , but at this time I needed a casual job to help off set cost of living as a single mom of 3 !
I was able to work 3 nights per week after my regular job and the staff were very great and I have to admit it wasn't all bad being a bouncer in a bar in the NWT.
Friendly and Enjoyable Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 5, 2016
My typical day at work includes a short meeting at the beginning of my shift. This meeting usually discusses our daily budget, monthly quota, any health and safety concerns, and the assignment of positions and tasks for each individual. I would have to say working at the Salvation Army has taught me primarily how to properly handle an uncomfortable or stressful situation, both with co-workers and guests. The hardest part of this job is making the most with the resources that are given as Salvation Army is an organization, which has its limitations. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing the positive impact we make on our community and families!
Pros
The diversity of my co-workers and guests.
Cons
Travel distance and time.
Good experience but not a good working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 5, 2016
The place was really dirty but i was able to gain some skills in retail services. I learned how to adapt to my surrounding and work to to my fullest potential by completing all assigned task.
Front desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SKMay 2, 2016
I loved my co-workers. Everyone became like a family in this work environment and we were always helping the less fortunate
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
drive to work
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
It was fun wrapping gifts for a good cause. Working with co workers was nice. Hardest part of job was around christmas time when there was a lot go gift wrapping to do.
enjoyable and great staff
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 26, 2016
working with the army has educated me in what hard ships peole face ,not only day to day ,but also long term. I now do more for people in need and look different at my surroundings
A Good Work Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2016
Overall, my experience with volunteering at the Salvation Army was a positive one; I learned how to efficiently fold and hang up clothing in a presentable manner. The store was managed very well and all information regarding my tasks was relayed to me clearly. As my experience at the Salvation Army was volunteer work, co-workers were inconsistent, however everyone seemed to be in good spirits and I got along with everyone with no issues. The hardest part of the job was having to remain on my feet for hours at a time, however, I quickly adjusted and managed well. Overall, volunteering was great practice for a potential retail position in the future.