The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
¨Salvation du Army¨
General Helper (Current Employee), Montreal QuebecAugust 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
A Typical day at work, I learned sorted articles and clothing,
pt clothes ion hangers, to do the distribution of clothes on
store floor, served customers....etc
The environment with my coworkers was so friendly, and
Servicial....etc
The hardest part of the job, were to work long hours in
produccion, separating clothes,bad of the new,...etc
the most enjoyable part of the job is serve to the customers.
always will love the sally
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 12, 2015
Great place to work, with amazing employees and management.
always loved working on tills and talking with all the customers.
Work together as a team work.
Team for 1st aid report to Store Manager (Former Employee), Kingsway, Burnaby, B.CJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Discount for clothing
Cashier, Design for display store, Cleaning. Learn to be part of Safety Team at the store. I have great Manager. I have good co-workers from different countries. The hardest part of the job dealing with various customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is fell like family.
not good
Volunteer Janitor (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: meet people
Cons: not enough hours
I am not impressed with the new captain and wife running the Salvation Army in Williams Lake. I did enjoy meeting all the new people and seeing them smile most of the time
Enjoy working for the Salvation Army
Volunteer (Current Employee), TORONTO, ONJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Enjoy company's BBQ and celebration
Cons: N/A
The Salvation Army is an outstanding place to work - Management is great to work for and with.

Enjoy company's BBQ and celebration
good place to volunteer with nice workers
Food distributer (volunteer) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: nice work place, free water battles for workers
Cons: building somewhat hard to find
I did not work with them long as i only worked there for around 40 hours for the volunteering requirement for graduating high-school. But the workers there were nice.
Team members lacked sense of urgency and professionalism
Donations attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Outside all day
Cons: Childish management team
I enjoyed working within the salvation army, the people on the other hand were something else. very unprofessional and mean.
Fun
Cashier/Sorter (Former Employee), markhamJuly 11, 2015
I enjoyed working here there was always something new to see or do. There were lots of donations dropped off daily for us to sort thru and place on the floor for sale. I would also open and close the store entering final daily sales reports numbers and emailing them to head office.
Pretty good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere
Cons: Poor Pay
Captains at the Salvation Army are caring and compassionate and not only help the broad community, but will do whatever they can for employees
Daily work
Sales associate (Former Employee), ottawaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: 50% employee discount
Cons: repetitive work
My day starts with cleaning the cash area, then at nine i open the doors to stores. Im often at cash or work on floor. coworkers are amazing. Hardest part of the job lack of appreciation and repetitive work. Management can definitely improve.
I have learn about various brands and giving customer service.
Good volunteer work
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly supervisors
Cons: rarely but at times confusing instructions
great volunteer work for youth and friendly helplful supervisors. Learn the importance of giving back. Hard to know exactly how supervisors want tasks to be done.
Mundane, unfriendly and unrewarding
Cashier/Production Clerk (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SaskatchewanJune 19, 2015
Pros: Pay check
Cons: Unfriendly, mundane
Although I do like customrer service the Salvation Army was mundane and boring. A typical day consisted of sorting clothes, stocking the racks and shelves and assisting customers. I was able to enhance my customer service skills. The management team was unfriendly, rude and disrespectful. My co-workers varied from being very nice to being rude and obnoxious. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the unpleasant social environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers.
seasonal employment review
Advertising Advocate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 12, 2015
The position is seasonal and offers no permanent work. Due to the charity nature of the work, the wages are low.

I interacted with the public to increase donations, which I really enjoyed.

The work was part time which allowed personal time.

The management team was accessible online through email and punctual at work.

The short term nature of the work was the hardest part of the job.
Playing with children
Resident Care Worker (Current Employee), Yellowknife, NTJune 11, 2015
Pros: According to the shift . lunch / supper
Cons: 12hrs
Working with outreach people. Addiction Counselling. At the men shelter serving food and shelter, maintain peace, doing programs.

I learned to,promote the dignity of all persons, meet human needs and being a transforming influence in the communities of our world, striving to be the best at what we do, honesty, trustworthy, and accountablity, Committment etc.,

I enjoying working as a team with co-workers, sharing food, learning culture, being honest and commeted.

Saying No, this is hard part of my life.

I enjoying by working. I feel work is worship.
Good place to work and grow your faith
Cabin Leader (Former Employee), Jacksons Point, ONJune 3, 2015
You are responsible for watching over young kids and leading them to activities like hockey, canoeing and crafts.The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress of watching over so many kids 24/7 but its worth it for the experience you get out of it.
productive and fun work place
Clothing Sorter (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 31, 2015
i did this as a volunteer!! it was a very good experience for me! co-workers were all great and friendly and always there when i needed them!!
Boring job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2015
a typical day at salvation army would require me to constantly re arrange the clothes, i would have to help the customers wh come in, i would also have to help out in the store with sorting out the clothes. the management wasn't that good, i was pretty much not doing anything for ht most part because the management would run out of things for me to do. my co workers and i never really spoke much, the hardest part of the job was how boring it was and the most enjoyable part of the job was nothing.
Fun meet new people and understanding new culture
Working as volunteer (Former Employee), RidgetownMay 19, 2015
Since,I was new to the country,working at salvation help me understand the culture. My boss and other employees were very friendly and co-operative with me. I had two bosses, from one I learned discipline and the other Customer Service skills.Tough part of my job was lifting heavy weights and the best part is i have many really good friends.
Volunteering
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 19, 2015
Typically, volunteering for the christmas kettle involves constant flow of enthusiasm and energy. Shifts are three hours long, during all hours of the day and evening. The hardest element to the job was the ability to keep a high energy especially when no one was around, but overall the experience was incredible. The best part about this job was talking to the public and making small talk and communicating a happy and warming atmosphere In such a cold and stressful time in the year. I've had two years of experience with the christmas kettle, and in conclusion I think the opportunity was great and widely accessible to everyone.
good work
Stock Person (Former Employee), Duncan, BCMay 14, 2015
Pros: I am helping others
Cons: not too sure.
when I was in middle school I was looking for a start in work experience and my friend did volunteer work here. I didn't start here but when I did work here I was happy to wake up early and working independently. I wake up early as 5:30 and try to be flexible for work I want to be prepared and will take any job. no excuses I will learn how to do my work.