new casual opportunites
To provide individual and group counselling, life skills training, addiction education and support services to clients (youth); this position reports directly to the Manager Hope House.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB DUTIES:
The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all residents and related documentation; adheres to the BCACC and CCPA Code of Ethics
- Ensures a safe and healthy working environment by observing universal precautions
- Must have an intimate working knowledge of all ARC and Hope House policies including those related to emergency protocols
- Counsels residents individually or in a group setting; (for example, regularly counsels in establishing goals, monitors progress, and prepares discharge planning as assigned)
- Contributes to the development and implementation of resident care plans in collaboration with resident
- Develops, plans and conducts therapeutic and psycho-educational groups; may act as facilitator and educator for other staff as assigned by Program Manager
- Utilizes a variety of treatment modalities for residents based on a holistic approach to therapy; implementing interventions using a variety of techniques including CBT that incorporates art based groups, music, gardening, etc.
- Maintains and updates all appropriate documentation related to residents and initiates any new documentation; documents observations, interventions and care / treatment outcomes in resident records. Maintains required statistical documentation
- Review resident records to monitor and evaluate care / treatment outcomes
- Promote and facilitate resident independence, by modeling, counselling and teaching life skills
- Provide culturally sensitive care and services
- Refers residents to appropriate sources for the purpose of educational, practical everyday needs and other recovery needs
- May perform screening referrals through the intake process to ensure residents meet the service mandate
- Engages in the development of inter-personal relationships that promotes dignity and respect
- Liaises with, community agencies, family, Ministry, law enforcement and other staff members as required
- In being a member of the team, must be reliable and be on time.
- Must be able to recognize when boundary issues arise and be able to set boundaries.
- Follow the schedule set out by the program coordinator and adhere to the structure that is designed to provide youth with the education and skills needed to prevent relapse and understand their substance abuse. Adhering to the schedule allows for the smooth running of the house and program
- Provides guidance and support to volunteers, students, and newly hired staff
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Manager
Must be a mature individual committed to the mission of The Salvation Army Hope House.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED:
MUST have MA in Counseling Psychology
Recognized post basic education related to mental illness; Two (2) years recent related experience; A significant understanding of mental health issues, Understanding of applicable legislation, such as the Mental Health Act and the Guardianship Act; Understanding of available programs, their interrelationships, and their function in delivering care in the community to persons with addictions and mental illnesses; Knowledge of treatment modalities, intervention strategies, the change process and community dynamics. A valid BC Driver’s License is required. Art therapy registration is an asset
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard