POSITION: Volunteer / Warehouse Assistant
Temporary Contract Position
FACILITY: Christmas Program
Warehouse (location TBA)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with warehouse set up and teardown
- Selecting, training, supervising, scheduling, of volunteers to ensure optimum coverage
- Assisting with all aspects of gift bag inventory, packing, storage, picking up and receipting of donations
- Ensuring the warehouse is clean, tidy, and safe at all times
- Assisting with volunteer recognition
- Monitoring toy recalls
- Facilitating smooth operation of the Warehouse in the absence of the Christmas Program Coordinator
- Performs other related duties that interface with program objectives and the mission of The Salvation Army
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate should:
- Be a mature self-starter requiring minimum supervision
- Have minimum of Grade 12; post-secondary training and experience in warehouse processing, goods distribution and lifting guidelines
- Previous experience of working with/coordinating volunteers a definite asset
- First Aid CPR equivalent to St John’s Standard First Aid /Level C CPR
- Have experience in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Access and Outlook
- Successfully pass a Police Security Clearance Check and Child Intervention Check
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be well-organized, a multi-tasker, and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Be capable of lifting 20 pounds
- Be enthusiastic and demonstrate a team player approach.
- Demonstrate pleasant manners with the public
- Be willing to support the mission of the Salvation Army, work in a compassionate and non-judgmental manner.
Candidates with Social Work education are required to be registered with the ACSW
Full Time – 40 hours per week. Expected last date of the Contract is January 31, 2014
Some evening and weekend work is required.
Interested applicants should respond in writing, stating the competition number CP4-1394and resume:
Centre of Hope
420 – 9th Avenue S.E.
Calgary, AB T2G-0R9
DEADLINE for applications is September 28, 2013
Indeed - 18 months ago
The Salvation Army provides life-changing social services and programmes every day, in over 400 communities across Canada.