WORK PLACE FACILITY:
Parry Sound Thrift Store
82 Joseph Street
- Sort and place donations into proper categories (salvage, shoes, toys, good clothing & articles)
- Keep work area clear and tidy
- Be aware of priorities and tasks that require immediate attention
- Select clothing and other saleable items and hang/price them as instructed
- Pack sorted clothing and other items in appropriate boxes or containers
- Follow policies & procedures while performing above tasks
- Operates cash register, including debit and Visa payments, and helps customers with purchases
- Engages in excellent customer service procedures
- Be in agreement with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army.
- High School diploma / Equivalent Preferred
- Retail & store displays experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Relational skills
- Physical ability for twisting, bending, crouching, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, heavy lifting, and kneeling
- Current CPIC and screening through internal abuse registry
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Entering data for transactions
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- CPR & First Aid (an asset)
SALARY minimum wage $10.25 + (benefits - after probation period)
HOURS: 30 hours per week. Monday - Saturday
START DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter by February 14, 2013 to:
Captain Lee-Ann van Duinen
The Salvation Army
Rainbow Country Church
61 Gibson Street
Parry Sound, ON
Please note: submit resume as soon as possible; interviews will begin before February 14th.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be transforming influence in the communities of our world....