Housing First Coordinator
MISSION STATEMENT: “A place of hope, providing shelter, food, counseling and referrals.”
Hours of Work- 40 hrs weekly (Contract Position until March 31, 2014 with possible extension)
Workplace- The Salvation Army Community Service Centre and Community
Date of Posting- September 4, 2013
Application Deadline- Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Provide intensive case management support for those housed through Salvation Army Housing First Program, which includes, but is not limited to: integration of previously homeless persons into the community, client centered goal setting displaying increase client independence, secure permanent income source, model necessary life skills, obtain ID's and make referrals to various support services.
- Complete necessary paper work such as assessments, follow up interviews, monthly statistical reports, data entry on a computerized program, etc.
- Provide outreach to the patrons of the Salvation Army MAT program.
- Meet with Supervisor regularly to give and receive updates.
- Attend Housing First and In-House meetings as required.
- Develop strong relationships with landlords and develop extensive knowledge of the RTA (Residential Tenancies Act)
- Adhere to all Housing First and Salvation Army guidelines.
- Advocate for clients and the homeless population in a professional manner.
- MUST possess knowledge of the Housing First Model and the Alberta 10 year plan to end homelessness which can be found at: www.woodbuffalo.ab.ca
- MUST possess a related certificate or diploma in Human services.
- MUST provide an acceptable Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector check upon hire.
- MUST be open to attending work related training, events and courses.
- MUST do home visits; either an extensive knowledge of working alone safety practices or a “Working Alone Training” course is necessary.
- MUST possessive strong computer, organizational, and time management skills.
- MUST have understanding of, and compassion for, issues surrounding homelessness, such as mental health and addiction.
- MUST transport clients. It is essential to own a vehicle that can be used daily, and provide a copy of drivers licence, abstract and proof of insurance.
- Up to Date Standard First Aid Certificate Required.
Please submit your resume to Jackie Reid/HR Coordinator –
The Salvation Army- 9919 MacDonald Ave, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 1S7.
Phone: 780-743-4135 Fax: 780-791-2909
(Internal Applicants must advise their immediate supervisor of their intent. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.)