The Salvation Army, Fort McMurray is currently recruiting for an Accounting Assistant to provide all accounting functions for The Salvation Army programs.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Contract until March 31, 2014
Wage: $27.19 hr + $1,040.00 month (Cost of living allowance)
Date of Posting: Nov 22, 2013
Process bi-weekly payroll.
Reconcile and process all employee benefits.
Responsible for processing all billings and reconcile accounts.
Reconcile and process all payments.
Code and process all suppliers’ invoices.
Reconcile and process all payments to suppliers.
Budgets, Reports and Financial Statements
Reconcile monthly data to all budgets.
Provide up-to-date income statements.
Assist with reports for all funders
Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts
Assist in Audit Preparation
Participates in budget preparation
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Two years of Community College with Accounting Courses
- 1 - 3 years experience working in an office with Accounting Software ( Shelby an asset)
- Previous experience working in non profit or charity an asset
- Experience in preparing budgets with multiple departments
- Good knowledge of accounting/payroll practices
Please submit resume to Jackie Reid:
9919 MacDonald Avenue
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 1S7
Fax: 780-791-2909 Tel: 780-743-4135
- Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.