Under the direct supervision of the Manager (CRF) and the overall direction of the Executive Director or Designate has responsibilities in the following areas Substance Abuse Program Facilitation/ Implementation/Involvement;
To liaise between Community Residential Facility(CRF) Caseload Clients, Parole Office staff and to provide individual/group addiction Counselling/Assistance to CRF Client caseload
Security and Supervision; Administrative/Other Duties and acts as a liaison between CRF Caseload Clients, Parole Office Staff. Provide on-going support to the offender during the time he is a resident of the CRF
- Substance Abuse Program Facilitation/ Implementation/Involvement
- Liaises with community parole/case management team.
- Maintains and updates program attendance daily and submitted on a weekly basis to the CRF Manager.
- Prepare written summary reports on each program participant once they have left the program (completed or not completed) in a timely manner as directed by the CRF Manager.
- Attend and provide weekly case management update at weekly case management meetings..
- Conducts monthly CRF file audits and requests updated information as required from respective sources.
- Closes CRF client files as applicable and/or as directed by Manager: CRF.
- Must be prepared to participate in upgrading/training at the discretion of the Manager, CRF
- Facilitate CRF programs as directed by the CRF Manager.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform CRF Intake Counsellor role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess an undergraduate degree in criminology, psychology, social work or related education. Master’s degree an asset
- MUST POSSESS ACCREDITED COUNSELLING CERTIFICATION with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and program implementation skills
- Must have experience in program design and implementation
- Must understand and reflect the ARC Philosophy, Standards, and Tenets.
- Must possess suitable typing skills, and basic computer literacy
- Must be calm in busy and sometimes stressful situations.
- Must be well organized..
- Must possess and maintain an active valid First Aid\C.P.R. certificate.
- Must have effective oral and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to understand and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Position subject to personnel screening request & authorization by Correctional Services of Canada.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check
- Must have a good working knowledge of various counselling strategies such as Person-Centered, CBT, Motivational Interviewing, the Stages of Change, Narrative Therapy, Attachment Theory, etc.
- Applicants should be equally comfortable with group therapy and individual counselling
- Direct experience working with addictions or offenders is preferable but not essential.
- Life experience and versatility is essential.
Indeed - 6 months ago