Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for serving the needs of the residents and guests. This includes:
- Responsible for all aspects of dining service, resident functions such as teas and room service, including table/tray presentation, preparation and serving of beverages and accompaniments, serving of food and clearing of dining room, resident lounges, and trays.
- Assists with the preparation and presentation of food under the direction of the Chef.
- Carries out general cleaning duties and routines, including setting and cleaning tables and serving counters.
- Assisting in the kitchen as required which may include tasks such as scrape, stack, and rack dishes and return them to storage.
- Practices and maintains established standards for cleanliness and sanitation required by the health department in the residence.
- Dusts tables and chairs and vacuums dining room floor.
- Ensures condiment containers are clean and full.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conductive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the enjoyment, self respect, dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Attends staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in the residence.
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, residents and the public.
- Carries out all duties in a safe manner and adheres to lifting policies at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day office practices.
- Follows all safety rules and use of essential equipment.
- Follows all Infection Control policies, applicable to the job.
Technical Skills Required:
- Good verbal/written English skill
- Knowledge of restaurant kitchen duties is an asset.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulation.
Physical Job Requirements
This position requires the incumbent to be able to:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hours per day.
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift and move small equipment.
Indeed - 17 months ago