Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for serving the needs of the residents and guests. This includes:
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) as outlined for housekeeping department.
- Cleans assigned areas, furnishings, fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Cleans floors, dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, disinfects where and when necessary. Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents occur.
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures, dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required, changes slip covers, scarves, doilies, etc. when soiled. Cleans ledges, shelves, vents, etc.
- Empties, cleans and relines waste baskets. Straightens or rearranges furniture as directed. Inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to supervisor.
- Cleans bathrooms (resident, private, public and staff). Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors and walls as directed. Washes windows and mirrors. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Spot cleans between washings, washes, disinfects when necessary. Walls and ceilings and ceiling fixtures are cleaned as scheduled.
- Cleans all horizontal surfaces daily or as required, removing dust, dirt or greasy film using disinfectants where necessary.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures in resident rooms when resident has been discharged. Prepares room for new occupant.
- Removes garbage and disposes of same.
- Reports observations to supervisor concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunctions.
- Attends in-service meetings.
- Adheres to policy and procedures including quality assurance, safety, and infection control.
- Demonstrates personal attributes and communication skills that foster customer satisfaction at all times.
- Is aware of the Resident Rights and Responsibilities and endeavors to respect and promote it.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day office practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Infection Control.
Technical Skills Required:
- Good verbal/written English skills.
- Knowledge in the ability to work safely with chemicals.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulations.
Physical Job Requirements
This position requires the incumbent to be able to:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Handle exposure to extreme temperature and variable weather.
- Occasionally working at heights above 10ft.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day.
Please note that before hiring, a police vulnerable sector screening must be conducted and cleared.