The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee), Toronto OnJune 13, 2014
Pros: well respected
Cons: hi turnover in staff
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive and fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: yea free lounches
Cons: healthcare and tips
i learn how to manage my time, when i was in that job previously i control my feelings and my relations. the hardest part of it is when you are feel bad but i wasn't said it's bad, and the most enjoyable of it is when i get the correct respect to my clients,
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee), 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons: slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, – more... likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc. – less
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ValetDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons: no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available – more... resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry. – less
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons: my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition – more... for their careers. – less
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: acceptable food & eating conditions
Cons: long hours
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional
I am very proud to worked for The Ritz-Carlton a place to which I owe so much for my learning and professional growth
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 8, 2014
Pros: they encompass the values and philosophy by with they operate, is an unique and valuable experience.
Cons: they always work to do it better and improve the quality of life of they employees
The Ritz-Carton motto, "We are ladies and gentlemen" exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all the staff members. As denoted in its credo , The Ritz- Carlton is a place where genuine and comfort of guest is its the highest mission. They employee are the most important resource in the service commitment to the guest.Diversity is valuable and – more... is an example of international and interracial employees.They treat each others with dignity and respect. The company instill well -being and fulfills even the unexpressed wishes and needs of guest. – less
Productive positive environment.
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 4, 2014
Working for the Ritz-Carlton hotel is nice. The management treat you with respect and are very understanding. They want to see the employees succeed even if its in another company so they're always willing to teach and help you grow.
I have not worked at The Ritz-Carlton but would be proud to be a part of this organization
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 26, 2014
I have benefitted as a guest at "The Ritz"; I believe that my skills in the Senior Living Community are well matched to this fine establishment's mission. I can make a difference at the Ritz-Carlton.

I desire an opportunity to use my sophisticated customer service skills to continue to develop the fine brand in place at the Ritz-Carlton. I am skilled – more... at all office manager tasks but am as equally good with people. I have been successful at implementing activities that engage and educate in the Health Care Industry and as a volunteer while supporting an Executive Board in the Athletic Industry.

I have lived in the SF Bay Area since 1976 and want to continue to be a part of this dynamic region of the United States as a Service Provider. – less
An amazing company to learn and grow
Executive Housekeeper (Hotel Expansion) (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 25, 2014
The work culture and values are one of the best I've come across in my career. There are always opportunities to learn and grow.
Truly a place where Ladies & Gentlemen serve Ladies & Gentlemen.
Great place to learn hospitality and thrive in fast pace environment
Valet (Former Employee), Laguna NiguelNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, they take great care of employees
Cons: worked on all holidays
Each day was different from the last. By working in a 5 Diamond hospitality company I was able to learn how to thrive under pressure and keep every guest happy with my service. The hardest part of the job is when a guest comes out to valet and has a problem that occurred in a different part of the hotel and I would have to resolve it in a peaceful manner – more... and with the guest leaving our conversation happy. – less
Productive and fun work place
Conference Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee), Grand Cayman British West IndiesNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meals provided by company 24/7
Cons: lack of tools to do your job well
Its fun to work in Ritz cause everyday you learn something new
What you learn makes you more comfident in performing your job on a day to day basis
Management are good in terms of guiding and setting you for success
Most of the co-workers as easy to go a long with inspite the diversity
Hardest part of the job is when you have a back to back hotel buy – more... out group
Most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to be nominated as employee of the year and promotions. – less
line engineer with escalating responsibilities
Lead engineer (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CANovember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Challenging and interesting. I started with smaller equipment and advanced to full charge of hotel heating and cooling, as well as maintenance and repair of kitchen equipment.
Wonderful and professional colleagues
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, professional employees who are held to the highest standards, and tasty lunches
Cons: entitled guests and somewhat difficult clientele
The Ritz-Carlton is like no other company. Their service is not only dedicated to the guests staying within the hotel, but the kind and genuine people you work with give you the same feeling only that of being at home with your family and friends would.
Great work environment with many different personalities coming together to create a successful hotel
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: fellow employees were great to work with, free lunches, opportunities to meet new connections
Cons: management was disorganized
I thoroughly enjoyed working for The Ritz-Carlton hotel company. After majoring in Hospitality Management, this was the perfect place to start my career right after college.
excellent work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), atlanta gaOctober 27, 2014
I have been able to take advantage of several lateral service positions since working with the Ritz Carlton. I have gained experience in the call center and the banquet kitchens it has been a wonderful experience.
great on team work
cook line (Former Employee), Avon, COOctober 13, 2014
I love to be on the heavy duty.. work hard and have the greater service ..
Productivity
Specialty Sushi Chef (Former Employee), St. Thomas U.S. Virgin IslandsOctober 1, 2014
Pros: take breaks
Cons: leaving yor post unattened
Is when a guest asks for Brown Rice sushi and I couldn't performed that duty because the department doesn't have the Brown Rice.

I have learn how to roll Maki, Nirgir,and Futo Maki styles. Also develop speed at as faster paste.

Co-workers return with Great response from the guest Feedback about the sushi.

The hard part of the job is when every guest – more... comes in the restaurant at once. The food that you put out on the line in order gets mixed up by one server and picks up the wrong order that will interrupt your timeliness of service. You will have to stop what you are doing to redo the order.

The most enjoyable part is when the Guest is happy and the server did a great job. – less
Fast pace workplace
Work as a hostess (Former Employee), 上海市, C23October 1, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: not very well-organized
the restaurant is very busy and we do not have enough workers there. Everyone perform duo duties. Sometimes need us to perform both server and hostess. The hardest part is the time schedule was not flexible. All the coworkers there are very friendly.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more