The Ritz-Carlton

approachable management
lots of colleagues
great weather
advancement opportunities
Pros
scenery, colleagues
Cons
long hours, low rate of pay
Ritz
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  BahrainNovember 3, 2015
Awesome experience with the Ritz Carlton Family . Bahrain is a great country to live and raise family, safe country for expats and great people to work with.
Housekeeping manager
Gouvernant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2015
Regarding this previous position, my tasks were various and required high pro activity, a complete understanding of the external and internal environment and a sense of relationship. My duties have included monitoring and managing schedules for the team, assigning duties to housekeepers, providing daily monitoring the display of products, maintaining the monthly budgets and monthly reports and ensuring the high standards of the Hotel (in term of cleanliness). I also assisted the Executive Director and the General housekeepers in order to optimize the efficiency of our team.
luxury hotel
Amenity Ambassador - In-Room Dining Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton operates 87 luxury hotels and resorts in major cities and resorts in 29 countries and territories.

The current company was founded in 1983, when the previous owners sold the brand name to create The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., based in Boston, Massachusetts, which expanded the brand to other locations. The hotel company is today a subsidiary of Marriott International.
Educational Rewarding
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2015
Before service began conducted line ups by management to review the guests in house, reservations and discuss the companies credo and steps of service. Followed by a high level of personal refined service for each of our guests. Finished with a learning lesson on wine, cheese, food, or service.
I gained through knowledge in wines and all around the hospitality industry standards of customer service.
Management was continuously working with each employee to help them grow and learn about customer service and would promote each individuals personal strengths to give each guest a personal and exceptional experience.
Time managing when you have a full section with extremely demanding guests was always a challenge but rewarding when successfully executed.
Creating guests for life was the most enjoyable part of work.
Pros
The ability to travel and utilize the employee rates around the world
Cons
Not always having the opportunity to have a break
Great work environment and clientele
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 25, 2015
Every day, I have the opportunity to meet amazing people and guests who I am able to make a difference in their stay. I love what I do and look forward to continue my path as the Ritz-Carlton Montreal was the best first job to have!
Pros
employees
Cons
Salary
Great people and work space
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Ritz Caribbean is a great place to work, customers are friendly and nice as well as co-workers. Always learning something everyday
Pros
discounts
productive and creativity
Fine Dinning Server (Current Employee) –  ALSEEF, BAHRAINJanuary 10, 2013
ive learned in ritz Carlton, their values, their mission makes me proud of the company. my co-workers, supervisors and all the management in my ritz carlton is very supportive and approachable. they will help you to get what you really want to be in your life. theres no hardest job for me because in ritz carlton we have unity and team work.the most enjoyable part of my job is everyday working with them they inspires me to do my very best in my job and even in the busiest time we still find a way to make our duty enjoyable and successful.
Pros
free meals, free transportation, free accomodation, wife, recreation etc.
Cons
long hours, split duty, lateral service, overtime
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition for their careers.
Pros
due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons
my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
Grate place to lern and grow
1st Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  St James, Jamaica, W.I.August 2, 2013
Typical day: Starts with a meeting and is marked by attention to details.
What I learned: Many deferent ways to do many deferent things.
Management: Good leaders willing to teach and to learn.
Co-Workers: Talented and eager to learn.
The hardest part of the job: Cleaning up after a hard days work.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Getting good gest feedback.
Pros
a culture of willingness
Cons
outdated equipment
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive
cashier/server (Current Employee) –  752 young st torntoMarch 30, 2014
A typical day at work is just making sure that my customers needs are always met< and that they leave with a good impression.

I have learn from that management, that even thou the business is not mine, give the impression has if it is.

I have learn fr my co workers that, even thou we might be coming from different area of life< wen we get at work always remember that together each achieve more.

the hardest part of my job is not able to get the material that I need to make my job more efficient.

the most enjoyable part is, just to see my customers happy.
Being in RC
Oriental Sous- chef (Former Employee) –  BahrainNovember 22, 2013
It was big pleasure working for RC . Ritz-Carlton hotel is place where you enjoy working and place where you stay always updates about the hospitality .
RC is a respectful company, I have learned many things about management and how to deal with the staff and my colleagues .
The main challenge I faced with RC is the time management when you need to manage between work on the ground and attend meetings.
It is always fun to work for RC , because it s a company of informations and they respect their associates.
Pros
free breakfast lunch dinner even on day off. and free accomodation
Cons
long working hours
great working environment
In room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay , St.James , Montego BayFebruary 3, 2014
The typical as a room service server , we prep the area to ensure that the specific equiptment is put fourth incase of a rush , the day is usually smooth flowing.
Working at Ritz Carlton taught to be a more productive server, management is excellent.
My team (co-workers) were a load of fun to aquaint with on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job would the lack of equiptment at times.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be having a steady flow of work .
A Day at the Ritz
SALES AND MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 23, 2012
Working at the Ritz,our favorite time would be in the morning when we would meet in one of our favorite conference rooms to establish a schedule for the day.Each head of department would be there to give their input on the days works sheet the concierge, the chef ,head of housekeeping, barman,head of reception,sales and administration When the meeting was ajourned we would return to our offices collect ours thoughts and get to work
Pros
free meals
Cons
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee) –  1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc.
Pros
to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons
slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto OnJune 13, 2014
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
Pros
well respected
Cons
hi turnover in staff
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional
Pros
acceptable food & eating conditions
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ValetDecember 12, 2013
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry.
Pros
free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons
no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
professional and high class working envrioument
Internship (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2014
I was internship at Ritz- Carlton. I just full in loved with this professional and wonderful place. I had fun with my co-workers, and also learned a lot from each of them. Every staff was train professionally. It is very nice place to work. Work at Ritz- Carlton is absolutely a big step towards successes.

4.5