The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee), Toronto OnJune 13, 2014
Pros: well respected
Cons: hi turnover in staff
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive and fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: yea free lounches
Cons: healthcare and tips
i learn how to manage my time, when i was in that job previously i control my feelings and my relations. the hardest part of it is when you are feel bad but i wasn't said it's bad, and the most enjoyable of it is when i get the correct respect to my clients,
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee), 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons: slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc.
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ValetDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons: no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry.
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons: my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition for their careers.
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: acceptable food & eating conditions
Cons: long hours
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional
I Left to focus in High School
Server assistant, bartender assistant, hostess (Former Employee), St.Thomas VIJanuary 23, 2015
I started working there for a summer internship program. They much of saw something great in me, that they offered me a part time job. I had some of the best employees I have ever worked with. I was only 16 at the time and they all made me feel like family. I was a hostess and much more because I love learning. I was starting to worry about my grades especially because my last two years of high school was very important. I left on a great note and would go back in a heart beat once offered a job there again.
Strict workplace with few options for advancement
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Amelia Island, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security, no work/life balence
I have worked in the Banquet department for 10 years the pay is often excellent but the hours they want you to be available are horrible. There is no room for advancement and the corporate culture is the worst of it. If you are not an executive you are treated like dirt. This company will fire employees for looking at the wrong guest, there is absolutely no job security.
Not sure why
Cook (Former Employee), Dana Point, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: human resource department, discrimination
Working for this company may be something I wanted to continue to strive for but after many efforts to stay within this company. The Ritz Carlton has made me dissatisfied. I will not recommend anyone to pursue a career with this company or property.
Fun and Productive working place
Senior Event Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Cayman British West Indies UKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches and uniform, lots of training to enhance knowledge
Cons: complicated working hours
Ritz Carlton is a work place were in you will develop and enhance your skills and develop your personality. It is a fun and well diversified working place with different nationality. Everybody is willing to learn and fun to work with. Management will provide you with all the tools you need to perform your job to the most in ensuring that guest customer satisfaction are delivered and goals of the company are maintained to the highest level.
Positive effects on health during work out in the gym
Housing Supervisor (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 21, 2015
My management is so friendly with me i feel like i am working at home. My co workers are very helpful. My most enjoyable day when we move the housing from one place to another place.
Terrible Management Training Program
Voyager (Current Employee), The United StatesJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: talking to famous people?
Cons: pretty much everything else
Before I started my Masters program in Hospitality and Tourism Management, I set the lofty goal of joining the Ritz-Carlton via their management training program (Voyage) after graduating.

After completing my degree, I went through the lengthy hiring process and was offered a position in the field of my choice.

Despite two other offers which paid better and came coupled with a more attractive benefits package, I signed on with The Ritz-Carlton at a flagship property based off of the reputation for excellence that their Voyage program for Management Trainees carries.

I currently rank this decision as the worst I have ever made in my entire life.

The management training program for me boiled down to little more than a way for the company to find cheap, highly promising labor. They are looking for managers who will act as robots, signing their life away into supporting a lie for corporate profits.

My quality of life, since starting work with The Ritz-Carlton, has gone down hill significantly.

I'm sure the program was originally put together with the best of intentions. My experience with the company revealed that the way individual hotel properties use some (or all?) of these management trainees is very different from how they are presented when I was a prospect of the program.

Busy work. Terrible training. Brand standards are not enforced. Brand is not what it used to be. Low and mid level management is paid poorly and it shows. Within one hour of being on the job, several managers approached me and told me I had made a mistake. One told me he would, "do everything he could – more... to protect me and my career". Management is like a revolving door and employees of the property constantly laugh about it.

That being said, I was well received and liked by most, if not all, employees.

There were two other management trainees at my property when I started. Both hated it and one has since quit. I will be leaving the company as soon as I finish the program.

The thing that makes my blood boil the most about the company is that one of my main responsibilities is to make up stats in order to propagate the many lies that currently keep the company (or at least the property at which I worked) successful.

New upper level management at any company means that new programs and policies are put into place to increase company output, performance, etc. It takes a long time for a company to evaluate whether or not a particular manager is effective. One of my main job responsibilities at The Ritz-Carlton was to input completely made up stats in order to boost short term scores and make upper level management seem effective. If a new manager's program can be shown to be marginally more effective than an old program, then the new manager stands to receive compensation and likely move up the career ladder. The bulk of my responsibilities outside of busy work was to fake these stats. Although I hated it, faking these stats was the only part of my job that took any skill or was remotely interesting. I feared that if I did not fake these stats, I would be disciplined one way or another.

I could keep going for hours or even days with details but since nobody will likely read this information, I'm going to stop here.

Worst company I've ever worked for. I can't believe I went back to graduate school for this. – less
great workplace
Fine Dining Line Cook (Former Employee), Laguna, CAJanuary 19, 2015
greatsest company to work for. great benefits and great pay and the workplace environment truly is fun and comforting.
Very fun to work at and great environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Kapalua, HIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria food
I learned a lot on hospitality, friendship and professionalism at this place. Great benefits
Fun Place to work
Room Service Server (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Ritz Carloton is one of the most elegant hotels in the world. Working for this hotel was the very pleasuress. Could possibly say that I had a blast while workin at the Ritz. Management was fun, compensation was very attractive, and the staff were very lovable. simply, I miss working at Ritz.
Meh
In-room Dining Server (Former Employee), Dana Point, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: coworkers were great, money was decent when there was business, guests were pleasant most of the time.
Cons: poor management, inconsistent business flow, labor cutbacks that affect even senior full time employees, overworked and understaffed.
I can't speak for all the properties but at the one where I worked, my department was horribly managed. The upper management care more about saving a few dollars (by doing things like cutting labor) than providing the "finest personal service and facilities" to the guests. We were not provided with the necessary resources to do our job properly.
World Class Experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 10, 2015
The Ritz-Carlton is a company that is second to none. They provide world class customer service, and every employee is treated like the Lady and Gentlemen that they truly are.
OK
FINANCE (Former Employee), RITZJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: ok
good typical day at work
•what you learned - ok
•good management
•friendly co-workers
People -the most enjoyable part of the job
Volunteering work
Sports outings
no incentives
lack of growth opportunity
produ
Front desk Agent (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hours
At this job a typical day would be helping customers out and providing them with the finest personal service. My co workers were very nice and always pitched in if needed

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more