The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee), Toronto OnJune 13, 2014
Pros: well respected
Cons: hi turnover in staff
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive and fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: yea free lounches
Cons: healthcare and tips
i learn how to manage my time, when i was in that job previously i control my feelings and my relations. the hardest part of it is when you are feel bad but i wasn't said it's bad, and the most enjoyable of it is when i get the correct respect to my clients,
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee), 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons: slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, – more... likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc. – less
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ValetDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons: no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available – more... resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry. – less
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons: my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition – more... for their careers. – less
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: acceptable food & eating conditions
Cons: long hours
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional
fun place to work with nice coworkers
server/bartender (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: stressed out management
I had a good time working for the ritz and allways had a fun time working with coworkers.
An amazing company to learn and grow
FITNESS PROFESSIONAL & GX TRAINER (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 8, 2014
Pros: lot of benefits and extra curricular activities for employees
Cons: change of shifts every single day makes you restless and indiscipline
It was a pleasure working with The Ritz Carlton hotel and being honored. I have learned a lot not about fitness but hospitality industry as well. I loved working with different nationalities and learned about their cultures and countries. It was fun working with a company who treats you the same level they treat their guests.
Team Ritz
Assistant Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), St Thomas, VIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
Lovely place to work. The benefits were great for your self or family. Me and my member became great friends at the end till this day.
Very Very high expectations all around!
Guest Relations/Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: very very very high work ethic, creates a high stress level in all departments
Great professional environment, very chic lobby, office furniture very high tech!
Amazing Company
Server pool and beach (Current Employee), Lido Key, FLJuly 30, 2014
I truly love working for The Ritz Carlton and highly recommend it to everyone.
The best hotel in PR.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), carolina PR.July 28, 2014
A great , organized enviroment with guest service standars that top the industry.
Great Experience
Loss Prevention Supervisor/Hotel Night Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, and free uniforms cleaning
Teaches you a lot of life skills. Good opportunity for growth, and cross training.
hard working but not value.
Accommodation Supervisor (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01July 23, 2014
I'm not getting any learning, there was good management but not good co worker.
Great place to grow professionally
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 17, 2014
Fast-paced and fun.
There was a great opportunity for me to grow.
Very healthy environment place, employees are the most important resources
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Saudi Arabia- RiyadhJuly 16, 2014
I really love working in this hotel, i consider my self very fortunate to join such great International company that sits on the top of luxury branding.
Summer evening position
Evening Valet (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: driving high-end vehicles
Cons: working in extreme heat
This position required interacting with wealthy individuals and handling their vehicles with care and respect. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat and the most enjoyable part was driving high-end vehicles.
i would like to work in pastry and bakery
pastry commi2 (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01July 8, 2014
i would like to work in pastry and bakery and chocolate work.
Excellent Hospitality Business
Engineering Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: when customers where not 100% satisfied.
I enjoyed working in the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne, because it was a solid company, very organized, and I was part of the inauguration of the Hotel. A typical day, I would receive request from the Housekeeping Department or the Front Desk , about a customer request for a maintenance issue, such as electrical or plumbing. Then, I had to inform the Maintenance – more... Staff in order to have it resolved. Every day I had meetings with the Director of Engineering and the maintenance staff, to improve service in general. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more