The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pleasant working condition and good management
Houseman- Housekeeping Department (Former Employee), Grand Cayman IslandJune 17, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: overnight schedules
I enjoyed a lot working with diffrent people of different cultures with a nice superior and great management . I have learned the different aspect of hotel operation by doing lateral services regularly in other department such as in Dining, golf, Engineering, Bar, restaurant,tennis.outdoor pool as attendant etc...The management is great and they take – more... care of us /employees in a very fairly manner. I love those people i worked with before Filipinos and other nationalities specially the locals of the Island for the concern and team work they showed us during our stay in the Island. For me there is no easy and hard job as long there is the team work and you give your best to anything we start and strive to learn more from it. everyday challenges is part of the job and it depend to the person how would she /he handled it. I met a lot of famous personalities and i love cleaning and giving service to people. – less
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee), Toronto OnJune 13, 2014
Pros: well respected
Cons: hi turnover in staff
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
Free Accommodation, Transportation and Meals
ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01March 1, 2014
At Ritz Carlton I grow a lot from Room Attendant I learn to use Opera and no Currently doing a Housekeeping Supervisor Responsibility.
for the management they are really support the team in each department of the hotel, for mu co-worker we different nationality and culture, for being a housekeeping the hardest part of the job is the pressure which is – more... exciting, and the most enjoyable is to work with different nationality and culture and meet different type of guest. – less
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee), 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons: slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, – more... likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc. – less
A balance work life invironment
Landscape Supervisor (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01December 23, 2013
Every day before work we have a line up we learn the business of the day and how to live the gold standard of the day. discussion on different experience of the previous work. guest engagement is important for a to gain a generation to generation guests.
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ValetDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons: no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available – more... resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry. – less
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons: my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition – more... for their careers. – less
Fun workplace
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR, OPENING TEAM (Current Employee), Dubai International Financial Center, Dubai U.A.EFebruary 4, 2013
Everyday is a learning process. Management are very good and co-workers are all team player.
for a year I was working as valet parker
CERTIFIED VALET PARKING ATTENDANT (Former Employee), difc dubaiJanuary 24, 2013
I rendered all the excellent service to our guest, I was also delivering the car to the guest in a safe manner.
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: acceptable food & eating conditions
Cons: long hours
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional
baquet function and production
Demi Chef de Partie (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: fre lunches
Cons: long hours
i am so great working to this company with high reputation
high standard, a very good career. good people secure for the job.
i would like to work in pastry and bakery
pastry commi2 (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01July 8, 2014
i would like to work in pastry and bakery and chocolate work.
Excellent Hospitality Business
Engineering Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: when customers where not 100% satisfied.
I enjoyed working in the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne, because it was a solid company, very organized, and I was part of the inauguration of the Hotel. A typical day, I would receive request from the Housekeeping Department or the Front Desk , about a customer request for a maintenance issue, such as electrical or plumbing. Then, I had to inform the Maintenance – more... Staff in order to have it resolved. Every day I had meetings with the Director of Engineering and the maintenance staff, to improve service in general. – less
Wonderful place to work
Server Members Club (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: schedule changes to suit demands
Great place to meet people from all over the world, rich and famous. Ritz Carlton corporate training, and learning hospitality skills.
Great people, long hours
Assistant Director of Finance & Accounting (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2014
Hotels are open 24 hours. Nonstop. Great fun energetic employees. Long hours. Good benefits. Awesome management.
productive and fun workplace
Cook II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: pay, employee lunches, hotel benefits
Cons: work hours
Wonderful company! Great Management staff that WANTS you to advance in your career.
Great company ..
Director of Engineering (Former Employee), Doha, DAWJune 24, 2014
Pros: nothing to add
Cons: nothing to add
Nothing to add - Great company they are the best - it was great time working with Ritz.
Great Experience
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Great work experience. Enjoyed working for the company and wish I could go back.
Fabulous place for a family vacation
Hostess (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJune 17, 2014
The Ritz Carlton experience is unforgetable.As a hostess i had the pleasure to meet great people and celebrities.The hotel offers the most luxury amenities for its guests.Very skilled and well trained staff.The company and its benefits are impressive.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more