The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive and fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: yea free lounches
Cons: healthcare and tips
i learn how to manage my time, when i was in that job previously i control my feelings and my relations. the hardest part of it is when you are feel bad but i wasn't said it's bad, and the most enjoyable of it is when i get the correct respect to my clients,
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee), 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons: slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc.
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ValetDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons: no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry.
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons: my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition for their careers.
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: acceptable food & eating conditions
Cons: long hours
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more