The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Wer all well train in our work
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
First class,Commonly bc environment.The management is amazing.Respect everybody.The most enjoable part of my Job to make the guest feel at home.To overcome their expectation in our property.
Pros
free meals almost
Cons
regular time
very productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2017
I felt so lucky when I worked in this company. They teach me everything about the job and they let me experienced all the work in the housekeeping department.
Unprofessional Management
Registered Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
I have worked in a few five star properties within my career from the middle east to London and i have to say that the management at the Spa My Blend by Clarins at the Ritz Carlton is by far the most unprofessional and uncoordinated group I have encountered.
where to begin

Retaliation through appointment scheduling
Falsifying records
Attempted bribery
Employing unqualified therapist (No Diploma's)
Attempting to book regular clients with alternative therapist against the clients preference
Micro Managing of Supervisors
Cut therapist pay rate without consultation

All in all the management causes unrest within the whole department, but nothing can be brought to the attention of senior management through fear of schedule retaliation

The Supervisors and team are great at working together as so is the rest of the Hotel
I was sad to leave them, however estate to say goodbye to the management
Pros
Professional Colleagues
Cons
Unsuitable management for the position
I learned a lot
Spa Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wellington, ON8 October 2016
My co-workers and manager are very supportive. The best part is when me and my team always make sure that no one will be behind in the project we always do teamwork.
Fantastic Workplace
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
Management are very helpful, everyone is courteous and the overall vibe of the work place is calm but energetic with a friendly twist. Frequented by many celebrities and interesting people if you like to meet people and have amazing conversations at your job this is the place for you.
Pros
Great Environment, Great lunches and perks
Cons
Guests in the spa do not always respect spa close times
great place to work, work-life not so.
guest services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
great place to work and great management but be prepared to work when others relax- long hours I might add. There is always room for growth at the Ritz though.
Pros
3$ meals and great benefits
Cons
One of the best employers in canada.
ENTRETIEN MENAGER (supervisor on weekends) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2016
The best experience on customer service.

Find exelence above all.

One of the best employers i had on my working experience.
Amazing culture
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Amazing co-workers, amazing support from people all around.
It is, however, a relatively new hotel as to date, thus it's not perfect.

But overall an amazing place to work.
luxury hotel
Amenity Ambassador - In-Room Dining Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton operates 87 luxury hotels and resorts in major cities and resorts in 29 countries and territories.

The current company was founded in 1983, when the previous owners sold the brand name to create The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., based in Boston, Massachusetts, which expanded the brand to other locations. The hotel company is today a subsidiary of Marriott International.
Great people and work space
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Ritz Caribbean is a great place to work, customers are friendly and nice as well as co-workers. Always learning something everyday
Pros
discounts
Ritz
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Bahrain3 November 2015
Awesome experience with the Ritz Carlton Family . Bahrain is a great country to live and raise family, safe country for expats and great people to work with.
Housekeeping manager
Gouvernant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2015
Regarding this previous position, my tasks were various and required high pro activity, a complete understanding of the external and internal environment and a sense of relationship. My duties have included monitoring and managing schedules for the team, assigning duties to housekeepers, providing daily monitoring the display of products, maintaining the monthly budgets and monthly reports and ensuring the high standards of the Hotel (in term of cleanliness). I also assisted the Executive Director and the General housekeepers in order to optimize the efficiency of our team.
Great place, beautiful country
approachable management
lots of colleagues
great weather
advancement opportunities
Pros
scenery, colleagues
Cons
long hours, low rate of pay
Educational Rewarding
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2015
Before service began conducted line ups by management to review the guests in house, reservations and discuss the companies credo and steps of service. Followed by a high level of personal refined service for each of our guests. Finished with a learning lesson on wine, cheese, food, or service.
I gained through knowledge in wines and all around the hospitality industry standards of customer service.
Management was continuously working with each employee to help them grow and learn about customer service and would promote each individuals personal strengths to give each guest a personal and exceptional experience.
Time managing when you have a full section with extremely demanding guests was always a challenge but rewarding when successfully executed.
Creating guests for life was the most enjoyable part of work.
Pros
The ability to travel and utilize the employee rates around the world
Cons
Not always having the opportunity to have a break
Great work environment and clientele
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2015
Every day, I have the opportunity to meet amazing people and guests who I am able to make a difference in their stay. I love what I do and look forward to continue my path as the Ritz-Carlton Montreal was the best first job to have!
Pros
employees
Cons
Salary
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto On13 June 2014
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
Pros
well respected
Cons
Hi Turnover in staff
professional and high class working envrioument
Internship (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2014
I was internship at Ritz- Carlton. I just full in loved with this professional and wonderful place. I had fun with my co-workers, and also learned a lot from each of them. Every staff was train professionally. It is very nice place to work. Work at Ritz- Carlton is absolutely a big step towards successes.
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive
cashier/server (Current Employee) –  752 young st tornto30 March 2014
A typical day at work is just making sure that my customers needs are always met< and that they leave with a good impression.

I have learn from that management, that even thou the business is not mine, give the impression has if it is.

I have learn fr my co workers that, even thou we might be coming from different area of life< wen we get at work always remember that together each achieve more.

the hardest part of my job is not able to get the material that I need to make my job more efficient.

the most enjoyable part is, just to see my customers happy.
productive and fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 March 2014
i learn how to manage my time, when i was in that job previously i control my feelings and my relations. the hardest part of it is when you are feel bad but i wasn't said it's bad, and the most enjoyable of it is when i get the correct respect to my clients,
Pros
yea free lounches
Cons
Healthcare and tips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5