The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee), Toronto OnJune 13, 2014
Pros: well respected
Cons: hi turnover in staff
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive and fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: yea free lounches
Cons: healthcare and tips
i learn how to manage my time, when i was in that job previously i control my feelings and my relations. the hardest part of it is when you are feel bad but i wasn't said it's bad, and the most enjoyable of it is when i get the correct respect to my clients,
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee), 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons: slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, – more... likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc. – less
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ValetDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons: no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available – more... resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry. – less
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons: my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition – more... for their careers. – less
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: acceptable food & eating conditions
Cons: long hours
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional
great on team work
cook line (Former Employee), Avon, COOctober 13, 2014
I love to be on the heavy duty.. work hard and have the greater service ..
Productivity
Specialty Sushi Chef (Former Employee), St. Thomas U.S. Virgin IslandsOctober 1, 2014
Pros: take breaks
Cons: leaving yor post unattened
Is when a guest asks for Brown Rice sushi and I couldn't performed that duty because the department doesn't have the Brown Rice.

I have learn how to roll Maki, Nirgir,and Futo Maki styles. Also develop speed at as faster paste.

Co-workers return with Great response from the guest Feedback about the sushi.

The hard part of the job is when every guest – more... comes in the restaurant at once. The food that you put out on the line in order gets mixed up by one server and picks up the wrong order that will interrupt your timeliness of service. You will have to stop what you are doing to redo the order.

The most enjoyable part is when the Guest is happy and the server did a great job. – less
Fast pace workplace
Work as a hostess (Former Employee), 上海市, C23October 1, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: not very well-organized
the restaurant is very busy and we do not have enough workers there. Everyone perform duo duties. Sometimes need us to perform both server and hostess. The hardest part is the time schedule was not flexible. All the coworkers there are very friendly.
lack of managment
Cook I (Former Employee), Coconut Grove, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: breaks with nice food
Cons: lack of mangment
The work ethic is fantastic the management not that good,
People friendly to a point.
assistant with guest services
Turndown Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: wow the guest with things like chocolate cover strawberries
Cons: take care of things that can cause damage to guest
assisted guest with needs such as water, food, change bed linen and handle complaints.
Great learning experience and opportunity
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great hours, friendly coworkers, good experience
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of checking in/out guests, assisting with guests needs, and helping out with guest billing folios. I learned a lot working in the hotel industry, including: the computer systems, interacting with guests at five diamond standards, answering phones, and maintaining time management. My managers and coworkers worked together – more... to perform beyond the standards expected by our guests. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system in the beginning of the job, but in the end the most enjoyable part was interacting with guests and making their stay better than they could've ever imagined. – less
Fun Place to work with meals included
Management Trainee - From (Former Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: lower wage for non managment..
The best part at Ritz is working with great knowlegable proffessionals, in a beutifull property.
Amazing Work Culture
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, lots of nice co-workers and guests
Cons: short breaks, benefits after a year, seniority
I absolutely loved history of the Ritz-Carlton and work environment.
We had to smile to show warmth of the place and hospitality in general, however, I smiled naturally every day going to work.
productive
On call Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Key Biscayne, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
going into work at 4 or 5 a.m. working breakfast and lunch then returning around 4or 5 in the p.m. to bartend a function. management was alright, my co workers became my family, and the best part was meeting all sorts of people with diverse back grounds whether they were CEO's or VIP's , celebrities or presidents. I learned no matter if some was a VIP – more... or not, everyone is treated the same. – less
No comment.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Great place to work. Nice people. Good benefits. Great place to work. Nice people. Lots of rules.
Productive and fast paced wonderful company to work for.
Server (Former Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: worked on the beach
Cons: long days
Provided 5 star service to guests and fellow team mates. Wine classes, food classes and food shows. Extensive knowledge on sustainability with local foods and pairings.
Hard to get in easy to get let go
Cook 3 Garde Manger (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
While at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta it was always busy. While there you really don't have a life but it can be the most rewarding experience.
Enthusiastic goal driven enviorment
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: short breaks due to overwhelming calls at times.
Typical - As Manager on Duty I assist every department in making sure that they are not being bombarded with calls, incidents and deliveries. When they are I step in to help my teams as we are a small team on overnight and have to take responsibility of the entire hotel.

What I have learned - We are all needed to perform to our best ability. If one – more... department is now working up to par we as a hotel have to come together and find out what is wrong. One person or department can give the guests a wrong final impression on how the hotel is ran.

Management - Upper management seems to be strickly by the book no matter what the circumstances are. Sometimes by the book isn't best as decisions have to be made sometimes by one thinking about the senario that took place and how it started and ended.

Co-workers - Best part of the company. No matter what happens or what we go through there are no grudges held and we can be friends/associates once the issue has been taken care of. enjoy working together no matter what race, creed, or ethnicity.

Hardest part - To have ideas ignored or for someone to say that it has been like this for the longest and there is no changing it (Even if negative).

Most Enjoyable - To be able to make a guest/customer smile based on how I took care of them or thought about them during troubled times by making a simple gesture as a phone call to follow-up with them after an incident. Just to be able to see or hear the guests excitement and joy when you have made their day when you actually took care of the issue first hand and not passed it on to anyone. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more