The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loss Prevvention Officer (Current Employee), Toronto OnJune 13, 2014
Pros: well respected
Cons: hi turnover in staff
I enjoy my current role but there is no room within my dept/location to prpogress. I need to relocate to another property out of country for more advancement.
The service team I worked with was great !
EVENTS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The place gave me bread for 3 years and compensation was excellent.
Not a great patron of management, maybe someday they will learn about people skills.
Two people taught me more than a whole management team had to offer and I guess I taught them something too.
productive and fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: yea free lounches
Cons: healthcare and tips
i learn how to manage my time, when i was in that job previously i control my feelings and my relations. the hardest part of it is when you are feel bad but i wasn't said it's bad, and the most enjoyable of it is when i get the correct respect to my clients,
A day of productivity, by owning and resolving each guess problems. Taking guess preferences, wowing my guess. Having fun with my guess and team mem
SERVER (Former Employee), 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Montego Bay, Rose hallJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: to have our personal day, vacation, free meals, gift vouchers, etc
Cons: slow periods, three days off. to be sick. long hours, no days off. etc
A typical day at work, Is to be punctual and be on time. Complete my opening duties. Duties such as ensuring my station is set and ready for service. Also to arrange and set the water and wine station. Do our pre-shift half an hour before service. We discus our daily specials. All our guess are VIPs, so we have to be knowledgeably of our guess preferences, – more... likes and dislikes. We wow and create excellence for our guess and the company.

What I have learned, I learned how to be one of the best server the world could ever find. Indeed, I've done a lot of training's: World of difference is a type of HARASSMENT training. Control Alcoholic Risk Effectively C.A.R.E. To Protect the Privacy and Security of each guest. Above everything, I've learned to resolve each and every guess problems in a given time frame.

Management, Our Management staff were the best. They were exemplary, professional and hardworking. They work very hard to ensure each staff and guest were satisfied each day.

Co-worker, my co-workers, we were and still are a family. We cant do without each other. We were a team. We work together, play together and eat together. Overall, our department was the best at the Ritz Carlton Jamaica. We create the most excellence for our team.

The hardest part of the Job, Is when there is no team work are togetherness with the staff.

The most enjoyable part of the, is working as a team, engaging with our guess to create a guess for life, wowing every guess on their special day, such as birthdays, anniversary's, engagements and etc. – less
Diverse setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ValetDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free food 24/7, staff rates for rooms
Cons: no fixed shift. new schedule every week.
A typical day begins at 7;30 am with the line up of all customer service staff/ front desk, doormen, bellmen and the valet to discuss the main events of the day, wows, mistakes and opportunities of the previous one.
I've learned that effective communication is a necessary tool to a successful business. Also the ability to utilize staff and available – more... resources to achieve organizational goal, (Customer satisfaction).

The management is a team of dynamic, focused and goal oriented professionals that are committed to meeting set targets.

My co-workers are one of the most amazing set of people anyone will wish to work with. A diverse setting with individuals of different social, racial and cultural back grounds. Working together in harmony towards a common purpose. Sharing information, ideas and interacting socially with common understanding.

The most difficult part of the job is when a wedding or other related events are taking place at the hotel. You have a situation where a lot of cars arrive at once and everyone needs your attention at the same time. Over time, I've learned to remain calm and have fun while the rush lasts instead of getting frustrated. Frustration only distort your reasoning and slows you down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet very interesting people everyday. Tons of celebrities. Though some guests are unreasonably unrealistic and unfriendly, you don't let that get you down, it is a normal characteristic of customer service in every industry. – less
Highly professional workplace
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: due to the clients i personally deal with, i meet many professional athletes, high level executives, etc.
Cons: my current position can be very transactional verses project based.
My typical day involves a high volume of correspondance with a variety of internal colleagues, external clients, VIP and high level executives, client service and account management. I am highly efficient, and catch on to any task assigned to me quickly. I work within a team of energetic sales people who demonstrate a high level of drive and ambition – more... for their careers. – less
Productive & fun work place because i meet interesting people and I work with professional people.
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: acceptable food & eating conditions
Cons: long hours
- Meeting all kinds of interesting people.
- Clean environment to work in & luxurious.
- Co-workers are friendly & professional
Productive and fast paced wonderful company to work for.
Server (Former Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: worked on the beach
Cons: long days
Provided 5 star service to guests and fellow team mates. Wine classes, food classes and food shows. Extensive knowledge on sustainability with local foods and pairings.
Hard to get in easy to get let go
Cook 3 Garde Manger (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
While at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta it was always busy. While there you really don't have a life but it can be the most rewarding experience.
Enthusiastic goal driven enviorment
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: short breaks due to overwhelming calls at times.
Typical - As Manager on Duty I assist every department in making sure that they are not being bombarded with calls, incidents and deliveries. When they are I step in to help my teams as we are a small team on overnight and have to take responsibility of the entire hotel.

What I have learned - We are all needed to perform to our best ability. If one – more... department is now working up to par we as a hotel have to come together and find out what is wrong. One person or department can give the guests a wrong final impression on how the hotel is ran.

Management - Upper management seems to be strickly by the book no matter what the circumstances are. Sometimes by the book isn't best as decisions have to be made sometimes by one thinking about the senario that took place and how it started and ended.

Co-workers - Best part of the company. No matter what happens or what we go through there are no grudges held and we can be friends/associates once the issue has been taken care of. enjoy working together no matter what race, creed, or ethnicity.

Hardest part - To have ideas ignored or for someone to say that it has been like this for the longest and there is no changing it (Even if negative).

Most Enjoyable - To be able to make a guest/customer smile based on how I took care of them or thought about them during troubled times by making a simple gesture as a phone call to follow-up with them after an incident. Just to be able to see or hear the guests excitement and joy when you have made their day when you actually took care of the issue first hand and not passed it on to anyone. – less
Overall good
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 4, 2014
couldnot leave upto the expectation. Overall working experience is good
Great work environment with challenging and interesting problems
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 25, 2014
Responsible for all mechanical and electrical equipment in hotel.
nice platform for everyone.
Housekeeping Senior Supervisor (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 25, 2014
Pros: culture, diversity
great leadership,
nice management policy,
team work,
good salary,
food & accommodation is great.
fun place to work with nice coworkers
server/bartender (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: stressed out management
I had a good time working for the ritz and allways had a fun time working with coworkers.
An amazing company to learn and grow
FITNESS PROFESSIONAL & GX TRAINER (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 8, 2014
Pros: lot of benefits and extra curricular activities for employees
Cons: change of shifts every single day makes you restless and indiscipline
It was a pleasure working with The Ritz Carlton hotel and being honored. I have learned a lot not about fitness but hospitality industry as well. I loved working with different nationalities and learned about their cultures and countries. It was fun working with a company who treats you the same level they treat their guests.
Team Ritz
Assistant Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), St Thomas, VIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
Lovely place to work. The benefits were great for your self or family. Me and my member became great friends at the end till this day.
Very Very high expectations all around!
Guest Relations/Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: very very very high work ethic, creates a high stress level in all departments
Great professional environment, very chic lobby, office furniture very high tech!
Amazing Company
Server pool and beach (Current Employee), Lido Key, FLJuly 30, 2014
I truly love working for The Ritz Carlton and highly recommend it to everyone.
The best hotel in PR.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), carolina PR.July 28, 2014
A great , organized enviroment with guest service standars that top the industry.
Great Experience
Loss Prevention Supervisor/Hotel Night Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, and free uniforms cleaning
Teaches you a lot of life skills. Good opportunity for growth, and cross training.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Ritz-Carlton – Read more

The Ritz-Carlton Photos