CMS Mechanical is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfill the role of Health and Safety Officer at our Timmins location.
- Performing regular field safety inspections and audits
- Report directly to H.S.E Manager
- Communicating safety standards to supervisor and workers to ensure compliance with Company H&S and OHSA requirements
- Ensuring all workers understand their roles with respect to health and safety
- Promote the awareness of hazard identification, elimination and control
- Provide health and safety support to all divisions as assigned
- Ensure all known incidents are reported to the H.S.E Manager in a timely fashion
- To assist in the implementation of H.S.E policies and procedures to enhance the H.S.E management systems.
- Participating on behalf of the employer where required in safety-related activities. These activities will not be limited to but will include activities such as safety meetings, table-top exercises, emergency responses and investigation/inspections
- Investigate incidents as assigned to determine root cause and determine appropriate mitigation to minimize incident recurrence
- Conducting site safety orientation for new hires as assigned
Education & Requirements:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience as a Safety Officer
- Good oral, written, presentation, communication and computer skills
- Ability to develop the appropriate safety documentation, including safety procedure, plan and job safety analysis in a concise and complete manner
- Strong technical safety expertise (risk management and safety management systems, loss control management, hazard identification, incident investigations, emergency preparedness and response)
- Willingness to travel, anticipated travel up to 50%
Please send resumes to the attention of: Jennifer Olaisola
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To remain at the forefront of a competitive industry, CMS is focused on maintaining technological leadership and customer satisfaction.