The PIC Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Good
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 10, 2016
my name is Md. Imrul Kaes.This is a great place to work but there is a little uncertainty to get call everyday. Supervisors are great. They will teach you what you need to know. co workers are very friendly. Most of the tasks are light but some time heavy works come but supervisors conceders those and do not push for output then.
Productive and easy
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 28, 2015
The shift at PIC group is very easy and the work is very much comprehensible. The supervisors and co-workers at the shifts are always willing to help and do their work with zeal and concentration.
Busy Work Environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 12, 2015
1. Really well maintained working environment.
2. Management is really helpfull.
3. Every one is pretty much helpful.
I have worked at a PIC Group as a Quality Inspector.
Quality Inspector (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 22, 2015
I gained knowledge about the automotive industry system and its assembly line.My knowledge is enhances by understanding of quality standards.
Inspector
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 5, 2015
this Job is a great job but it dose have it's set back for instance it is an on call job witch means the hours are hit and miss but if you stick it out you can be working 5-7 days a week depending on the season or if it factory shut down but all and all you will work with great people fantastic TL's supervisors, pic is just a great Team to work for all a round the pay is not the best but they make up for it in other ways
Pros
pick your own hours great people to work with and a fun place to work
Cons
low pay, no benefits, lots of traveling, hit and miss hours
Repetitive job. Useful skill...but no benefits.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Got this job in July 2014. It's a blur of repetitive tasks for the development of a useful skill, and pays bi-weekly, but there are no benefits.

The majority of work is automotive parts, but we started off inspecting solar panels. And it's okay, I guess, working in pairs--sometimes small groups--though I prefer to work alone.
They are big and blue and heavy, and you'd better not drop them because they're around $2,000 apiece. Reject parts are to be tagged and segregated from your work space.

You get better at inspection because it's really repetitive, as I said; However, the first 3 weeks were horrible--I'm short and small-boned, and pretty unfit. So all this bending and twisting, standing for long hours really hurt. Especially my eyes, from the lighting (and fatigue, from working 12hrs every. single. day)
Eventually my body got used to the pain--and gained some upper body strength (aka muscles!)

Good news aside, PIC has a tone of "Lead Hands" which destroys their stream of communication, so be prepared to deal with that.

And they'll send you all over the place when the work is little or non-existent at the main warehouse, sometimes as far as Georgetown or Kitchener, which has really poor working conditions, just saying. (Had me working on the solar panels in the dark on makeshift tables, and they didn't have a lunchroom so you had to eat outside)

If they don't send you there, you'll be at other warehouses in Guelph like CamCor, Eston, or PowerCor, etc. I met some weird and wonderful people at PowerCor, good friends I hope to see again in the near future. And on that note,
  more... the better you are at Quality Inspection (working quickly and efficiently at finding bad parts) can outshine their employees, meaning job offers for you.  less
Pros
some nice people, the money (if you work overtime)
Cons
no benefits, being sent all over (far from home, and sometimes to poor working conditions) lack of work due to another co-worker's seniority
productive
quality control (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 11, 2014
i had a great time learning and working at this company. i had a hard time in the winter because it as extreamly cold and i had no transportation at the time
Pros
free lunchs
Fast Paced environment, Standing for long hours
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  kitchener, OntarioAugust 9, 2014
Worked in a group of 2.
Carried out Quality Inspection based on the checklist provided, multitasking, strapping, packing, reject and accept good on the basis of quality.
management was good, assigned the work as needed, appreciated the work, salary deposited on time.
co-workers were friendly and coped with the production of goods in maintaining the same pace for work
there was nothing like the hardest part.
the job in fact was the most enjoyable as we had to work in group of 2, there were 3 breaks timely given for rest.
Pros
night shift wage added
Cons
12 hour shift
Inspection
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJuly 11, 2014
inspected parts form the end of the line for quality control before parts got shipped out . this is how I first started my factory work.. long hours standing with out walking anywhere ...The best part of the jab was that the people were easy to get along with...
Pros
easy work
Cons
temp job
learned many different things about various car parts
Inspector (Former Employee) –  oshawa, onMarch 6, 2014
GM was a dark and dirty place to work but other than that it was great. i would inspect, modify, or improve various car parts, anything from checking spot welds to applying foam strips to window seals. this was also a very fast paced work environment. i learned to pick up on small details at a faster more efficient pace. my co-workers and supervisors always made the day more tolerable.
Pros
relaxed work enviroment many breaks
Cons
dark and dirty
Working at The PIC Group
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
The PIC Group has been very good to me, and I am grateful for the flexibility I have in terms of my hours. My Manager at PIC is a great person to work with and I have learned a lot from her in the time I have reported to her.

I also have been able to work with a great group of people that make the company a good place to work.
TERRIBLE
Forklift Operator/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  OSHAWA ONTFebruary 6, 2014
WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED, MANAGEMENT HAS THEIR HEADS SO FAR UP THEIR BUTTS THAT THEY ARE NOT IN TOUCH WITH THE WORKERS, WITHOUT THE WORKERS YOU HAVE NOTHING,
Pros
no pros
Cons
very hypicritcal
Comfortable and safe workplace with fun activities.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Working with the pic group is challenging and very exciting. You get to meet people from all walks of life and the management is always involved and ready to hear any suggestions you may have. The pic group offers much room for growth along with great advancement opportunities, all you have to do is your job. The hardest part of the job is learning that a contract, from a particular company, is ending and hours are going to be cut do to the shortage of work. I enjoyed my experience with the pic group and miss my co-workers and the work environment, however, I need a guaranteed 40 hours a week (plus overtime when available) job.
Inspecting Auto parts for sale
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 20, 2013
I learned about the different sets of tail and head lights. inspected front, back and sides. Made sure there was no debri, scratches, black specs any deformities that a company would not sell the product.
to many times getting laid off
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 11, 2013
The job experience was good, the pay is good, and the people and co-workers are friendly
very poor
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Brampton , ONSeptember 9, 2013
This is a bad company to work for.
They don;t treat their workers fairly or provide proper training.
Good learning experience of the Canadian work place
Inspector of metalurgical parts (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Good learning experience of the Canadian work force, all hard workers and good management. The hardest is some physical work the most enjoyable share experiences and help each other.
GM Part Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 24, 2013
a typical day at the pic group was getting to work then being sent out to different factories at GM, it was really cool to go around from factory to factory and seeing all the different steps and equipment used to make the cars and trucks. the hardest part of the job was getting sent to different sorts everyday and learning how to fix or check the part on your own.
Pros
full time and learning how everything was made.
Cons
very hot and dusty environments
We have meetings to discuss issues
Inspector/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  WhitbyJune 25, 2013
my co-workers are great we help each other with jobs...a typical day at work is making sure the product is correct
Terrible atmosphere and rude management
Auto Parts Inspector / Lead Hand Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJune 4, 2013
A dead end job with no possibility for advancement. Management are rude and condescending.
Cons
many

2.7