The PIC Group Employee Reviews

Always on road
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 February 2018
Meet new challenge everyday, Immediate action necessary. New tasks, new people almost every week. Challenging job. Prepared yourself to face all sort of scenario.
Lead Hand Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 December 2017
Employee's are diverse. I would inspect automotive parts for major company. Often transferred to another location. Flexible with daily schedule and providing leadership.
Bad Company To Work For.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON24 November 2017
The PIC Group expects you to work 6 days a week and not have a life. I've worked there with hardly any training as a Lead Hand Supervisor.

First, I was offered the job and they provided me online modules to read on your own time. When you're done working a 10 to 12 hour shift, all you want to do is sleep. You have no time to read the training material.

If you are planning on advancing and moving up to Management, you better be ready for it because they will work you to the bone and expect you to know everything. They DO NOT properly train you! I was expected to go to their main office to complete the modules and I was literally left alone by myself.

As a Supevisor, you will be doing most of the work on your own. They expect you to know the facility (plant) itself when you don't where the work is being done.
They expect you to know where the sorts are and the assembly lines are. They expect you to know the contracts of each job that needs to be done and time constraints are a major issue and they expect you to train the employee's when you don't know where or what is.

There is NO proper time management with The PIC Group. There is NO Proper training!

This is not a safe place to work at!

When your (team) shift fails, you get the blame for your teams mistakes.

They make you feel like incompetent, unworthy, helpless, useless, and it isn't your fault for improper training practices.

How can you do this job when inspectors expect you to know everything when you don't know yourself with what is when not properly trained.

When a company is not training
  more... you properly, you might want to reconsider about working for them.  less
Pros
Cons
Improper training practices, unsafe work environment, long hours
fun workplace
Part Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 November 2017
packed letters every day got coffees for every one cleaned the office that was my typical day at work and the hardest part of the job was barely interacting with people
Und
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 October 2017
Pathetic excuse for a company, managers are convicted pedophile or worse if that's possible. Bill there customers top dollar and pay minimum wages and tell their customers otherwise. Avoid this company at all costs your wasting your time .
Pros
Cons
Yes they all are.
Mind Numbing
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 September 2017
Unbelievable to be called inspectors. Working with company less than a month has showed me what a waste of time buying a car from GM is. Inspectors making minimum wage should not be called an inspector. I guess it is better than working in a fast food place
Pros
Better than fast food chain
Cons
nothing
working with different automotive plants in different places
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 August 2017
Lots of room to learn. But poor salary and poor management. Lots of opportunity for over time. Better for gathering experience in different automotive plants and for future progress.
Pros
overtime scope
Cons
bad office culture
only contract work
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2017
when i got a job from them it was great but when the contract ends you have to wait fir them to find you one and it could be weeks until they find you another job
Good people.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 May 2017
I truly enjoyed working with the people at this job.
Work culture was great.
Typical day included checking GM parts.
Work was not consistent though and it did not pay very well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not enough work. Did not pay very well
Nice management.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 April 2017
Nice company with good management. The job is boring, but if you have a cool co-worker, it could really be worth it. The pay is just above minimum wage, which isn't good.
Very low wages, boring repetitive work, unsteady weekly hours.
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 April 2017
Company has a low-paying policy. Reimbursement paid for gas/mileage does not cover your gas. Shift hours are unsteady as it is termed 'on call' job. Payment are made bi-weekly and you get the paycheque 12 days after the last day of your work for that paycheque. When you start the job, you will get your pay one month after.
Pros
Very low wages, boring work, unsteady weeky hours
Inspecter
Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON13 March 2017
The Pic group no good!! They keep hiring but don't have work for their employees that was there before. I would worn people that the pay and their job is b***s**t!!
So be aware that when u get hired you might get called. I was employed in 2014 and it wasn't too bad but when I got hurt on the job site then things change. It was my fault that it happened wrong. A part fell off the table and I tried to catch it. I haven't worked in over 3 weeks but they still hire people and they keep saying no work!!!!
Decent
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 February 2017
Productive, fun work place.
It was easy to get along with the management
They gave all the proper information and structure and knowledge needed for the job aswell as other tactics.
The Pic Group is a third party that works for General Motors, after the gm, lay off, work became unsteady.
Pros
No high stress, requires focus
Cons
Unsteady
Good
Quality control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON16 December 2016
Good working environment. Coworkers and supervisors are good. I am working through employment agency. But It is slow and shortage of work. That is why looking for another job.
very busy environment, every day different.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 December 2016
I enjoyed working here, as every day was different from the last.
had the opportunity to work with various people and departments, and was able to adapt to an ever changing environment.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Your Schedule must meet their bottom line
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 September 2016
I provided documentation regarding a medical ilness absence and was let go.

Following up with Ministry of Labour and HRTO but i want others warned in the interim.
Pros
Cons
No respect for employees among others
Easy and social workplace
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 August 2016
Come to work happy go do your job and my co workers are great and i learned how to set up for different parts that we did. hardest parts of the job was that the parts were awkward to handle so as long as you took your time it was good easy work
No benefits, its an on call job company.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 July 2016
People here are good, but without benefits and rise in salary, its not good to be here. The hardest pat of job is that its On call job, not a permanent job.
Good
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 January 2016
my name is Md. Imrul Kaes.This is a great place to work but there is a little uncertainty to get call everyday. Supervisors are great. They will teach you what you need to know. co workers are very friendly. Most of the tasks are light but some time heavy works come but supervisors conceders those and do not push for output then.
Productive and easy
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 December 2015
The shift at PIC group is very easy and the work is very much comprehensible. The supervisors and co-workers at the shifts are always willing to help and do their work with zeal and concentration.