The PIC Group Employee Reviews

No benefits, its an on call job company.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 July 2016
People here are good, but without benefits and rise in salary, its not good to be here. The hardest pat of job is that its On call job, not a permanent job.
very busy environment, every day different.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 December 2016
I enjoyed working here, as every day was different from the last.
had the opportunity to work with various people and departments, and was able to adapt to an ever changing environment.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Good
Quality control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON16 December 2016
Good working environment. Coworkers and supervisors are good. I am working through employment agency. But It is slow and shortage of work. That is why looking for another job.
Inspector
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 September 2015
this Job is a great job but it dose have it's set back for instance it is an on call job witch means the hours are hit and miss but if you stick it out you can be working 5-7 days a week depending on the season or if it factory shut down but all and all you will work with great people fantastic TL's supervisors, pic is just a great Team to work for all a round the pay is not the best but they make up for it in other ways
Pros
pick your own hours great people to work with and a fun place to work
Cons
low pay, no benefits, lots of traveling, hit and miss hours
Your Schedule must meet their bottom line
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 September 2016
I provided documentation regarding a medical ilness absence and was let go.

Following up with Ministry of Labour and HRTO but i want others warned in the interim.
Pros
Cons
No respect for employees among others
Fast Paced environment, Standing for long hours
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  kitchener, Ontario9 August 2014
Worked in a group of 2.
Carried out Quality Inspection based on the checklist provided, multitasking, strapping, packing, reject and accept good on the basis of quality.
management was good, assigned the work as needed, appreciated the work, salary deposited on time.
co-workers were friendly and coped with the production of goods in maintaining the same pace for work
there was nothing like the hardest part.
the job in fact was the most enjoyable as we had to work in group of 2, there were 3 breaks timely given for rest.
Pros
night shift wage added
Cons
12 hour shift
Easy and social workplace
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 August 2016
Come to work happy go do your job and my co workers are great and i learned how to set up for different parts that we did. hardest parts of the job was that the parts were awkward to handle so as long as you took your time it was good easy work
Learning Experience
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 April 2012
I liked travelling to many different locations for daily employment and different duties.
Pros
interesting
Cons
no benefits or raises
Comfortable and safe workplace with fun activities.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 January 2014
Working with the pic group is challenging and very exciting. You get to meet people from all walks of life and the management is always involved and ready to hear any suggestions you may have. The pic group offers much room for growth along with great advancement opportunities, all you have to do is your job. The hardest part of the job is learning that a contract, from a particular company, is ending and hours are going to be cut do to the shortage of work. I enjoyed my experience with the pic group and miss my co-workers and the work environment, however, I need a guaranteed 40 hours a week (plus overtime when available) job.
Repetitive job. Useful skill...but no benefits.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 February 2015
Got this job in July 2014. It's a blur of repetitive tasks for the development of a useful skill, and pays bi-weekly, but there are no benefits.

The majority of work is automotive parts, but we started off inspecting solar panels. And it's okay, I guess, working in pairs--sometimes small groups--though I prefer to work alone.
They are big and blue and heavy, and you'd better not drop them because they're around $2,000 apiece. Reject parts are to be tagged and segregated from your work space.

You get better at inspection because it's really repetitive, as I said; However, the first 3 weeks were horrible--I'm short and small-boned, and pretty unfit. So all this bending and twisting, standing for long hours really hurt. Especially my eyes, from the lighting (and fatigue, from working 12hrs every. single. day)
Eventually my body got used to the pain--and gained some upper body strength (aka muscles!)

Good news aside, PIC has a tone of "Lead Hands" which destroys their stream of communication, so be prepared to deal with that.

And they'll send you all over the place when the work is little or non-existent at the main warehouse, sometimes as far as Georgetown or Kitchener, which has really poor working conditions, just saying. (Had me working on the solar panels in the dark on makeshift tables, and they didn't have a lunchroom so you had to eat outside)

If they don't send you there, you'll be at other warehouses in Guelph like CamCor, Eston, or PowerCor, etc. I met some weird and wonderful people at PowerCor, good friends I hope to see again in the near future.
  more... And on that note, the better you are at Quality Inspection (working quickly and efficiently at finding bad parts) can outshine their employees, meaning job offers for you.  less
Pros
some nice people, the money (if you work overtime)
Cons
No benefits, being sent all over (far from home, and sometimes to poor working conditions) lack of work due to another co-worker's seniority
Good
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 January 2016
my name is Md. Imrul Kaes.This is a great place to work but there is a little uncertainty to get call everyday. Supervisors are great. They will teach you what you need to know. co workers are very friendly. Most of the tasks are light but some time heavy works come but supervisors conceders those and do not push for output then.
Productive and easy
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 December 2015
The shift at PIC group is very easy and the work is very much comprehensible. The supervisors and co-workers at the shifts are always willing to help and do their work with zeal and concentration.
productive
quality control (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 November 2014
i had a great time learning and working at this company. i had a hard time in the winter because it as extreamly cold and i had no transportation at the time
Pros
free lunchs
Good to gain experience
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON20 January 2013
I learned a lot about time-management, the jobs had to be done within a certian time frame. The co-workers were amazing to work with it, was like a family environment. It was hard sometimes to get certian jobs done within a certian time frame, because some jobs needed more time due to rejection tags and paperwork. I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to experience that type of work field.
Pros
good opportunity
Cons
tiring on the body
Busy Work Environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 October 2015
1. Really well maintained working environment.
2. Management is really helpfull.
3. Every one is pretty much helpful.
Terrible atmosphere and rude management
Auto Parts Inspector / Lead Hand Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 June 2013
A dead end job with no possibility for advancement. Management are rude and condescending.
Pros
Cons
many
Inspection
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 July 2014
inspected parts form the end of the line for quality control before parts got shipped out . this is how I first started my factory work.. long hours standing with out walking anywhere ...The best part of the jab was that the people were easy to get along with...
Pros
easy work
Cons
temp job
I have worked at a PIC Group as a Quality Inspector.
Quality Inspector (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 September 2015
I gained knowledge about the automotive industry system and its assembly line.My knowledge is enhances by understanding of quality standards.
Co-workers, travelling and variety are great but management, advancement, job security and salary/benefits are lacking to say the least.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 June 2012
I would work in-house or offsite doing a variety of different jobs on automotive parts; from the rims to the airconditioning lines to the cradle and doing the paperwork that was a necessity to be an ISO company. I learned how to be a good leader by watching/listening to my co-workers and determining where they would work best and making sure the job was done ergonomically correct. When I first started there the management was great (jobs were more pleasant to complete), but the last year I was there, the new management, managed to fall apart, making everday unreliable and a chore. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with some of the unrealistic quotas they would enlist and working with disgruntled co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers and travelling (I was the newest employee to be asked to help Windsor, ON, set up their wharehouse and train their new employees; I was the first employee of less than 2 years being there, to be asked to become a lead hand -- but had to turn it down because I did not have a license and, first asked to go to Florida, USA, but did not have an up-to-date passport.)
Pros
sometime you get to travel (when needed), but only by their best employees.
Cons
temporary/on-call
learned many different things about various car parts
Inspector (Former Employee) –  oshawa, on6 March 2014
GM was a dark and dirty place to work but other than that it was great. i would inspect, modify, or improve various car parts, anything from checking spot welds to applying foam strips to window seals. this was also a very fast paced work environment. i learned to pick up on small details at a faster more efficient pace. my co-workers and supervisors always made the day more tolerable.
Pros
relaxed work enviroment many breaks
Cons
dark and dirty

2.6