The PIC Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Repetitive job. Useful skill...but no benefits.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: some nice people, the money (if you work overtime)
Cons: no benefits, being sent all over (far from home, and sometimes to poor working conditions) lack of work due to another co-worker's seniority
Got this job in July 2014. It's a blur of repetitive tasks for the development of a useful skill, and pays bi-weekly, but there are no benefits.

The majority of work is automotive parts, but we started off inspecting solar panels. And it's okay, I guess, working in pairs--sometimes small groups--though I prefer to work alone.
They are big and blue and heavy, and you'd better not drop them because they're around $2,000 apiece. Reject parts are to be tagged and segregated from your work space.

You get better at inspection because it's really repetitive, as I said; However, the first 3 weeks were horrible--I'm short and small-boned, and pretty unfit. So all this bending and twisting, standing for long hours really hurt. Especially my eyes, from the lighting (and fatigue, from working 12hrs every. single. day)
Eventually my body got used to the pain--and gained some upper body strength (aka muscles!)

Good news aside, PIC has a tone of "Lead Hands" which destroys their stream of communication, so be prepared to deal with that.

And they'll send you all over the place when the work is little or non-existent at the main warehouse, sometimes as far as Georgetown or Kitchener, which has really poor working conditions, just saying. (Had me working on the solar panels in the dark on makeshift tables, and they didn't have a lunchroom so you had to eat outside)

If they don't send you there, you'll be at other warehouses in Guelph like CamCor, Eston, or PowerCor, etc. I met some weird and wonderful people at PowerCor, good friends I hope to see again in the near future. And on that note, – more... the better you are at Quality Inspection (working quickly and efficiently at finding bad parts) can outshine their employees, meaning job offers for you. – less
Co-workers, travelling and variety are great but management, advancement, job security and salary/benefits are lacking to say the least.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: sometime you get to travel (when needed), but only by their best employees.
Cons: temporary/on-call
I would work in-house or offsite doing a variety of different jobs on automotive parts; from the rims to the airconditioning lines to the cradle and doing the paperwork that was a necessity to be an ISO company. I learned how to be a good leader by watching/listening to my co-workers and determining where they would work best and making sure the job was done ergonomically correct. When I first started there the management was great (jobs were more pleasant to complete), but the last year I was there, the new management, managed to fall apart, making everday unreliable and a chore. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with some of the unrealistic quotas they would enlist and working with disgruntled co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers and travelling (I was the newest employee to be asked to help Windsor, ON, set up their wharehouse and train their new employees; I was the first employee of less than 2 years being there, to be asked to become a lead hand -- but had to turn it down because I did not have a license and, first asked to go to Florida, USA, but did not have an up-to-date passport.)
Comfortable and safe workplace with fun activities.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Working with the pic group is challenging and very exciting. You get to meet people from all walks of life and the management is always involved and ready to hear any suggestions you may have. The pic group offers much room for growth along with great advancement opportunities, all you have to do is your job. The hardest part of the job is learning that a contract, from a particular company, is ending and hours are going to be cut do to the shortage of work. I enjoyed my experience with the pic group and miss my co-workers and the work environment, however, I need a guaranteed 40 hours a week (plus overtime when available) job.
Inspector
Inspector (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: pick your own hours great people to work with and a fun place to work
Cons: low pay, no benefits, lots of traveling, hit and miss hours
this Job is a great job but it dose have it's set back for instance it is an on call job witch means the hours are hit and miss but if you stick it out you can be working 5-7 days a week depending on the season or if it factory shut down but all and all you will work with great people fantastic TL's supervisors, pic is just a great Team to work for all a round the pay is not the best but they make up for it in other ways
Fast Paced environment, Standing for long hours
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), kitchener, OntarioAugust 9, 2014
Pros: night shift wage added
Cons: 12 hour shift
Worked in a group of 2.
Carried out Quality Inspection based on the checklist provided, multitasking, strapping, packing, reject and accept good on the basis of quality.
management was good, assigned the work as needed, appreciated the work, salary deposited on time.
co-workers were friendly and coped with the production of goods in maintaining the same pace for work
there was nothing like the hardest part.
the job in fact was the most enjoyable as we had to work in group of 2, there were 3 breaks timely given for rest.
learned many different things about various car parts
Inspector (Former Employee), oshawa, onMarch 6, 2014
Pros: relaxed work enviroment many breaks
Cons: dark and dirty
GM was a dark and dirty place to work but other than that it was great. i would inspect, modify, or improve various car parts, anything from checking spot welds to applying foam strips to window seals. this was also a very fast paced work environment. i learned to pick up on small details at a faster more efficient pace. my co-workers and supervisors always made the day more tolerable.
GM Part Inspector (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 24, 2013
Pros: full time and learning how everything was made.
Cons: very hot and dusty environments
a typical day at the pic group was getting to work then being sent out to different factories at GM, it was really cool to go around from factory to factory and seeing all the different steps and equipment used to make the cars and trucks. the hardest part of the job was getting sent to different sorts everyday and learning how to fix or check the part on your own.
Good to gain experience
Inspector (Former Employee), Newcastle, ONJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: good opportunity
Cons: tiring on the body
I learned a lot about time-management, the jobs had to be done within a certian time frame. The co-workers were amazing to work with it, was like a family environment. It was hard sometimes to get certian jobs done within a certian time frame, because some jobs needed more time due to rejection tags and paperwork. I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to experience that type of work field.
Very Secure and Private
Inspector (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: pay, time, reliable
Cons: repetitive work, attention to detail, work availability
Due to the actual needs of the clients, The PIC Group does not provide personal information about them. The work is very tedious, bending, and lifting as well as basic knowledge of computers as well as confirmation of each job set. This company is very organized.
Inspection
Inspector (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: temp job
inspected parts form the end of the line for quality control before parts got shipped out . this is how I first started my factory work.. long hours standing with out walking anywhere ...The best part of the jab was that the people were easy to get along with...
Working at The PIC Group
Recruiter (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
The PIC Group has been very good to me, and I am grateful for the flexibility I have in terms of my hours. My Manager at PIC is a great person to work with and I have learned a lot from her in the time I have reported to her.

I also have been able to work with a great group of people that make the company a good place to work.
Inspecting Auto parts for sale
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 20, 2013
I learned about the different sets of tail and head lights. inspected front, back and sides. Made sure there was no debri, scratches, black specs any deformities that a company would not sell the product.
TERRIBLE
Forklift Operator/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), OSHAWA ONTFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: very hypicritcal
WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED, MANAGEMENT HAS THEIR HEADS SO FAR UP THEIR BUTTS THAT THEY ARE NOT IN TOUCH WITH THE WORKERS, WITHOUT THE WORKERS YOU HAVE NOTHING,
Time Constraints
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), St.Thomas OntarioAugust 13, 2012
7 days a week on a regular basis is the norm. It was rewarding knowing you played an important role in ensuring their product was defect free in order to secure future contracts.
Productive and easy
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 28, 2015
The shift at PIC group is very easy and the work is very much comprehensible. The supervisors and co-workers at the shifts are always willing to help and do their work with zeal and concentration.
I have worked at a PIC Group as a Quality Inspector.
Quality Inspector (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 22, 2015
I gained knowledge about the automotive industry system and its assembly line.My knowledge is enhances by understanding of quality standards.
productive
quality control (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours
i had a great time learning and working at this company. i had a hard time in the winter because it as extreamly cold and i had no transportation at the time
We have meetings to discuss issues
Inspector/ Auditor (Former Employee), WhitbyJune 25, 2013
my co-workers are great we help each other with jobs...a typical day at work is making sure the product is correct
Good learning experience of the Canadian work place
Inspector of metalurgical parts (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Good learning experience of the Canadian work force, all hard workers and good management. The hardest is some physical work the most enjoyable share experiences and help each other.
The pic group is very fun and take their work very seriosly.
General Labourer (Current Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 12, 2013
productive and fun workplace, they treat their employees with respect. The co-workers are very friendly.