The PIC Group Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Part Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 November 2017
packed letters every day got coffees for every one cleaned the office that was my typical day at work and the hardest part of the job was barely interacting with people
Und
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 October 2017
Pathetic excuse for a company, managers are convicted pedophile or worse if that's possible. Bill there customers top dollar and pay minimum wages and tell their customers otherwise. Avoid this company at all costs your wasting your time .
Pros
Cons
Yes they all are.
Mind Numbing
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 September 2017
Unbelievable to be called inspectors. Working with company less than a month has showed me what a waste of time buying a car from GM is. Inspectors making minimum wage should not be called an inspector. I guess it is better than working in a fast food place
Pros
Better than fast food chain
Cons
nothing
working with different automotive plants in different places
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 August 2017
Lots of room to learn. But poor salary and poor management. Lots of opportunity for over time. Better for gathering experience in different automotive plants and for future progress.
Pros
overtime scope
Cons
bad office culture
only contract work
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2017
when i got a job from them it was great but when the contract ends you have to wait fir them to find you one and it could be weeks until they find you another job
Good people.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 May 2017
I truly enjoyed working with the people at this job.
Work culture was great.
Typical day included checking GM parts.
Work was not consistent though and it did not pay very well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not enough work. Did not pay very well
Very low wages, boring repetitive work, unsteady weekly hours.
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 April 2017
Company has a low-paying policy. Reimbursement paid for gas/mileage does not cover your gas. Shift hours are unsteady as it is termed 'on call' job. Payment are made bi-weekly and you get the paycheque 12 days after the last day of your work for that paycheque. When you start the job, you will get your pay one month after.
Pros
Very low wages, boring work, unsteady weeky hours
Inspecter
Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON13 March 2017
The Pic group no good!! They keep hiring but don't have work for their employees that was there before. I would worn people that the pay and their job is b***s**t!!
So be aware that when u get hired you might get called. I was employed in 2014 and it wasn't too bad but when I got hurt on the job site then things change. It was my fault that it happened wrong. A part fell off the table and I tried to catch it. I haven't worked in over 3 weeks but they still hire people and they keep saying no work!!!!
Decent
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 February 2017
Productive, fun work place.
It was easy to get along with the management
They gave all the proper information and structure and knowledge needed for the job aswell as other tactics.
The Pic Group is a third party that works for General Motors, after the gm, lay off, work became unsteady.
Pros
No high stress, requires focus
Cons
Unsteady
Good
Quality control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON16 December 2016
Good working environment. Coworkers and supervisors are good. I am working through employment agency. But It is slow and shortage of work. That is why looking for another job.
very busy environment, every day different.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 December 2016
I enjoyed working here, as every day was different from the last.
had the opportunity to work with various people and departments, and was able to adapt to an ever changing environment.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Your Schedule must meet their bottom line
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 September 2016
I provided documentation regarding a medical ilness absence and was let go.

Following up with Ministry of Labour and HRTO but i want others warned in the interim.
Pros
Cons
No respect for employees among others
Easy and social workplace
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 August 2016
Come to work happy go do your job and my co workers are great and i learned how to set up for different parts that we did. hardest parts of the job was that the parts were awkward to handle so as long as you took your time it was good easy work
No benefits, its an on call job company.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 July 2016
People here are good, but without benefits and rise in salary, its not good to be here. The hardest pat of job is that its On call job, not a permanent job.
Good
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 January 2016
my name is Md. Imrul Kaes.This is a great place to work but there is a little uncertainty to get call everyday. Supervisors are great. They will teach you what you need to know. co workers are very friendly. Most of the tasks are light but some time heavy works come but supervisors conceders those and do not push for output then.
Productive and easy
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 December 2015
The shift at PIC group is very easy and the work is very much comprehensible. The supervisors and co-workers at the shifts are always willing to help and do their work with zeal and concentration.
Busy Work Environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 October 2015
1. Really well maintained working environment.
2. Management is really helpfull.
3. Every one is pretty much helpful.
I have worked at a PIC Group as a Quality Inspector.
Quality Inspector (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 September 2015
I gained knowledge about the automotive industry system and its assembly line.My knowledge is enhances by understanding of quality standards.
Inspector
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 September 2015
this Job is a great job but it dose have it's set back for instance it is an on call job witch means the hours are hit and miss but if you stick it out you can be working 5-7 days a week depending on the season or if it factory shut down but all and all you will work with great people fantastic TL's supervisors, pic is just a great Team to work for all a round the pay is not the best but they make up for it in other ways
Pros
pick your own hours great people to work with and a fun place to work
Cons
low pay, no benefits, lots of traveling, hit and miss hours
Repetitive job. Useful skill...but no benefits.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 February 2015
Got this job in July 2014. It's a blur of repetitive tasks for the development of a useful skill, and pays bi-weekly, but there are no benefits.

The majority of work is automotive parts, but we started off inspecting solar panels. And it's okay, I guess, working in pairs--sometimes small groups--though I prefer to work alone.
They are big and blue and heavy, and you'd better not drop them because they're around $2,000 apiece. Reject parts are to be tagged and segregated from your work space.

You get better at inspection because it's really repetitive, as I said; However, the first 3 weeks were horrible--I'm short and small-boned, and pretty unfit. So all this bending and twisting, standing for long hours really hurt. Especially my eyes, from the lighting (and fatigue, from working 12hrs every. single. day)
Eventually my body got used to the pain--and gained some upper body strength (aka muscles!)

Good news aside, PIC has a tone of "Lead Hands" which destroys their stream of communication, so be prepared to deal with that.

And they'll send you all over the place when the work is little or non-existent at the main warehouse, sometimes as far as Georgetown or Kitchener, which has really poor working conditions, just saying. (Had me working on the solar panels in the dark on makeshift tables, and they didn't have a lunchroom so you had to eat outside)

If they don't send you there, you'll be at other warehouses in Guelph like CamCor, Eston, or PowerCor, etc. I met some weird and wonderful people at PowerCor, good friends I hope to see again in the near future.
  more... And on that note, the better you are at Quality Inspection (working quickly and efficiently at finding bad parts) can outshine their employees, meaning job offers for you.  less
Pros
some nice people, the money (if you work overtime)
Cons
No benefits, being sent all over (far from home, and sometimes to poor working conditions) lack of work due to another co-worker's seniority