The Pet Firm Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee), PAMay 23, 2015
not to bad a firm to work for pay is commensurate with experience.There is only one problem with the frequency of work.Other them tah there is no real problem with this company.
Excellent place to work. Management is very easy to work for. I just love to go to work.
Demonstrator (Former Employee), MarylandMay 9, 2015
Pros: Just a job that you love to go to work. Management is always available to you.
Cons: None
The Pet Firm is a job come true. The management is easy to work with and always supportive. We are trained very well. There is never a problem with getting paid on time. I just love every day I get to work with this Company.
Fun work environment
Sales Demo Associate (Current Employee), Western WashingtonFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: can schedule my own shift
Cons: not enough hours
Hours are few and far between and is only seasonal. Not enough money to support myself and is also part time and seasonal. My typical work day consists of as follows: Setting up Display of product.
Make sure shelves are stocked and check for outdated products on shelves.
Educating customers of the features and benefits of using the products and giving out coupons and brochures.
Help consumers with not only the items displayed but also help them with other needs that they may have.
Locating other products for customers and helping carry out items to their vehicles.
Enter demo data in Fetch system in a timely manner.
Schedule my shifts with store scheduling manager each month.
unorganized and a hassle
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2015
It was a hassle having to drive to all of different stores to set things up and having to log every thing. Was an okay place to work for
Work your own hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: i work my own hours
Cons: only work every other month
I work my stores within a time frame of the month. I plan my own work hours, which makes this job exciting to work for. I go in and organize and stock the racks.
A good steady company
Brand Rep (Former Employee), PaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: hourly wage is good
Cons: not many days, but was forewarned.
This is one of the better merchandising companies I have ran into in the last ten years. They are prompt on payment, delivery of tools, and followup.
Great sales team
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2014
Great management and staff. Excellent part time job and good pay
Work your own days
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Corpus ChristiJuly 21, 2014
The Pet Firm is a good job for some extra spending money. We work once a month at a different amout of stores each month ranging from 3-9 stores.
Nice pay, semi-flexible hours
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 16, 2014
Much more paperwork than I expected, but overall a neat opportunity.
The Pet Firm
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2014
Pros: generous hourly rate
Cons: not enough stores.
The Human Resources Director called me and offered me the job in May, 2014. Unfortunately, due to the rural area, I am only assigned to Fulton, KY Walmart. It is just a monthly job. The company is generous in the fact that they pay me the full hour and I am told the job will take no more than 5 minutes, generally. I complete the job when I am in the store anyway.
RUN! Dont walk away from this company
DEMO REP (Current Employee), CUYAHOGA FALLS OH, WOOSTER, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: working with animals
Cons: everything- no hours, negative, no promotions, no commissions but demand sales
I have worked at a demo rep with this company for 3 years now.
AND it was great at first. BUT, now due to a lack of contracts they have no demos to send us to. SO they really demand you to SELL while doing what is supposed to be a fun little job.

THE PET FIRM will make you aware of the fact that you are disposable to them, and that they want someone who is"energetic" and "excited" to work for them. Like a high school student. I have had extremely negative communication with management since January. My manager is very sarcastic and belittling to me. Since I am a professional with a degree, I wont put up with such nonsense. I have been accused of being dishonest about my numbers. They are very negative and never give any positive feedback at all for the many things I did for them. The only thing they care about is the bottom line.

The hourly rate is okay, but due to the lack of hours because they are so dead now. It is not worth the hassle.

THEY will call the stores and speak to managers and embarrass you.

THEY will accuse you leaving demos early and/or not acting professional. This is not a company I would ever recommend to anyone.

Everyone that I have talked to is quitting.
Very flexible, Can be a great 2nd job
Demo Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 24, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: hours are not consistent
Very flexible; ability to make your own schedule, but the hours are not consistent. Can be a great 2nd job.
The Pet Firm - An Excellent Company to Worth For
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 6, 2013
Pros: to engage with pets and their owners
Cons: your on your own!
Being a Brand Ambassador is exciting, if you like to engage with people. People LOVE their animals. Nutrition is important to the buyers and their animals. With that being said, if you are passionate about product awareness and you love animals. This company is great to work for.
Fun work atmosphere and excellent management support
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: constant interactions with a variety of pet customers
Cons: occasional clean up after the nervous dog visits.
Promotion of Pet food line. Constant interactions with pets and their people. The Pet Firm offers continuous training and in service meetings educating you on the products being promoted. You definately are made to feel knowledgeable and supported in every aspect of the responsibilities that are required. An extremely fun place to work for any pet lover.
It was a little more flexible
demonstrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: allowed to take samples how with us.
Cons: no insurance
It was a little more flexible and allowed an occasional day off.
Supplemental Income
Area Merchandising Rep and Product Demonstrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2012
This is a great company to work for if you only want to work a few hours a month to supplement your income however if you need more than that I would not suggest The Pet Firm.
Great Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cedar RapidsMarch 10, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not ennough assignments
Great company to work for if you need small amounts of income. Unfortunately the frequency of assignments were far and few in between. My manager was great supportive as well very good about giving me the need to know information would work here again for supplemental income