Assistant Property Manager
The Pearl Group - Toronto, ON
Position Title: Assistant Property Manager
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Reports to: Managing Director
ABOUT US – The Pearl Group is a mid-size commercial real estate firm operating primarily in downtown Toronto. Our firm specializes in the acquisition, redevelopment, and repositioning of street-front retail assets in downtown Toronto.
The Pearl Group is looking to hire an Assistant Property Manager with a minimum of three (3) years of Retail and/or Commercial Property Management experience for our mixed-use portfolio.
- Work with the Managing Director and Property Accountant on the collection of rents and all tenant obligations under the terms of the lease;
- Work with Property Accountant, Maintenance Supervisor and Office Administrator in preparing & issuing purchase orders;
- Monitor open purchase order reports on a weekly basis to ensure timely completion of work & invoice processing;
- With the guidance of the Managing Director, establish and maintain a professional working relationship with all tenants within the portfolio
- Ensure compliancy of real estate with all restrictions and obligations, statutory, municipal or otherwise made by any governmental authority or agency having authority
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reporting (annual budgets, monthly reporting, review of variances, expenses and revenues)
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor in the preparation of tenders and contracts, and oversee tenant improvements and Landlords work
- Obtain quotations for building services, review contracts and agreements, provide recommendations to the General Manager
- Assist with site operations and projects as assigned
- Respond to all tenant inquiries and take appropriate action to address issues expeditiously
- Back up responder to emergency calls to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Coordination of tenant moves (in and out) of leased premises within the portfolio. Supervision of such activity with minimal disturbance to all occupants of the building is essential
- With the assistance of the Maintenance Supervisor, carry out physical inspections and completion of reports pertaining to the buildings under management
- Assist Managing Director with various projects and duties as assigned
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor and Managing Director to ensure tenant compliance with site regulations and policies
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Strong financial skills. Good understanding of financial statements and how revenue & expenses impact tenant rents business profitability.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task daily workload
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results.
- Deliver on commitments. Ability to set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- Take ownership. Take full responsibility of tasks and projects whether assigned or initiated
- Experience with retail and/or commercial lease interpretation and tenant relations
- Experience in commercial and/or retail property management
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Valid driver’s license required. Automobile preferred
- Candidates with undergraduate degrees will be given preference
Indeed - 20 months ago