The Pantry

The Pantry Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun workplace.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free food, great colleagues, tips for everyone
Cons: unreliability of next pay
this job was a really fun place to work, with the daily tasks needing to be done everyone shared the work equally, there was lots of laughter. the only downside was the unreliability of the pay where you didn't know when you would be getting your next wages. the best part of this job was the tips being split equally between everyone at the end of each day.
Fast-paced and challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: theft
The Pantry was a good work place with personable management and knowledgeable staff.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Slidell, LAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: different shifts.
NICE PLACE TO WORK,GOOD CO[WORKERS AND EASY WORK..MEET NEW PEOPLE EVERYDAY.
WORKING IN CONVIENCE STORE
Cashier (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 27, 2013
Pros: mon-fri work
Cons: the possibilty of someone stealing from store
MEETING FRIENDLY FACES.
MANAGING THE STORE.
PROVIDING CUSTOMER SERVICE.
HANDLING TRANSACTIONS IN A TIMELY MANNER.
WEEKENDS OFF A PLUS
Fun workplace
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dalton, GADecember 19, 2013
Pros: family orintated
Cons: work all holidays
fun and enjoyable place to work. Coworkers are like family.
Productive work, with challenges i looked forward to.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronson, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: free drinks!
Cons: unpleasant customers
Dealing with different sorts of customers throughout my shift really brings to attention how much i love being around people in general. You learn so many different things on how to stock and ring up customers in-between, and really learning to manage ones time in-between customers,cleaning,and stocking the coolers/products. With the employees I work with, all have different attributes on how things should be cleaned or stocked. I take those attributes and make them my own. The hardest part of the day would be mid-afternoon to late evenings on certain days. I say that, because depending on which lotto is playing that night determines whether or not we'd be super busy. I enjoy this job because you get to see the same faces everyday to the point where you can remember ones order! And also because you make new friends, I know i have.
Great management, comfortable workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLDecember 10, 2013
It is always nice meeting new people and gaining the experience of dealing with people. I learned to understand problems and how to solve them. The management was incredibly helpful and caring. Great place to work!
Fun work place
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 26, 2013
Pros: working with the public
Cons: work all holidays
This is a great place to work. I learded to work will all types of people. The management was great. My co-workers were the best part of the day. Nothing was really hard about this job.
Lovely environment to work in with friendly staff.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgend, WLSNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch and beverages through out the day
Cons: long hours on your feet.
My day in work would start by preparing the café for opening with a co worker. Cooking the bacon and sausages and other breakfast items to be kept warm in the bane marie. The tables and chairs would be placed outside and the café would be opened. My colleague would be in the kitchen preparing the meals that have been ordered and I would be front of house taking orders and taking payment for meals and beverages ordered. I would take beverages and food orders to the tables and ensure that tables and condiments were kept well stocked and clean. I got on very well with all of my co- workers and I am still in contact with the manager. I enjoyed meeting new people and the hardest part of the job was the long hours that I worked e.g. I worked 8am till 5pm. As you are on your feet for a long time and they get tired, also there was a period in the afternoon when it would be very quiet. I enjoyed working at the café as all the staff were so friendly and everyone got on with each other.
I get to meet new people everyday
Cashier (Current Employee), Rome, GANovember 25, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: under 200 dollars a week
A typical day at work consumes mostly of assisting customers, cleaning and maintaining the store, stocking, running the register, and running reports,
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), fayetteville ncOctober 24, 2013
the pantry was one of the places i actually liked working. They have great hours and great people to be around.
Enjoyable place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits and flexible schedule
Cons: no lunches, and very minimal breaks
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to meet a variety of new people and have them leaving this store with a smile on their face. I learned what it was like to not only work in a convenience store atmosphere but also what it was like to aide in running one. I feel that there are some areas of management that could be worked on. I fit right into this job as if it is what I am meant to do. Unfortunately due to extenuating circumstances at home (a very sick child) I had to take some time off and my job could not be held. The hardest part of my job was making the decision to let this job go. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting up and going there everyday. I enjoyed the people I worked with as they did me, and I enjoyed my customers.
Republicans only....
Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCOctober 9, 2013
Pros: i had a job
Cons: management, lies, bickering
Totally a republican-centered company. As a white female in management, it's funny how execs would assume I was Republican and talk candidly about 'those people' and 'idiot democrats'.

Not a great place to work. If you like being micro-managed, spied on and talked about,then this is the perfect company for you!
Fun and customer service oriented.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, GAOctober 8, 2013
I enjoy working with people and I seen a lot of the same people everyday along with many new ones. I enjoyed supervising my employees and helping my customers in every way possible.
The pantry
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, NCOctober 5, 2013
Pros: i work by myself with no other staff so there is no interfierence with my work
Cons: no hours and no benefits
I work the overnight shift which is from 11pm to 7am. My duties include but not limited to, cleaning, stock, customer service, inventory, merchandising, and paperwork.
I love the work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 26, 2013
I love the work. I feel you get paid way to low for the amount of work you are required to do and with no breaks.
Cheerful co workers
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no breaks
Nice working place
learned leadership and customer service skills
cheerful co workers
being busy and yet working alone is a tough part of the job.
However some customers are really amicable, and the working area is really sympathetic
bad place to be
MANAGER (Former Employee), birmingham ala.September 9, 2013
didnt like the superviser he didnt like women at all mad every womens work/life hard to be there
Fun
Waitress (Former Employee), LowestoftSeptember 6, 2013
I liked working here as I made lots of frirends and had a laugh with my colleges
panrty
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2013
was not a bad place to work but you work more hours than normal but get paid little

About The Pantry

The Pantry, Inc. (Pantry) is an independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States. As of September – Read more

The Pantry Photos