The Pantry

The Pantry Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 26, 2013
Pros: working with the public
Cons: work all holidays
This is a great place to work. I learded to work will all types of people. The management was great. My co-workers were the best part of the day. Nothing was really hard about this job.
Lovely environment to work in with friendly staff.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgend, WLSNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch and beverages through out the day
Cons: long hours on your feet.
My day in work would start by preparing the café for opening with a co worker. Cooking the bacon and sausages and other breakfast items to be kept warm in the bane marie. The tables and chairs would be placed outside and the café would be opened. My colleague would be in the kitchen preparing the meals that have been ordered and I would be front of – more... house taking orders and taking payment for meals and beverages ordered. I would take beverages and food orders to the tables and ensure that tables and condiments were kept well stocked and clean. I got on very well with all of my co- workers and I am still in contact with the manager. I enjoyed meeting new people and the hardest part of the job was the long hours that I worked e.g. I worked 8am till 5pm. As you are on your feet for a long time and they get tired, also there was a period in the afternoon when it would be very quiet. I enjoyed working at the café as all the staff were so friendly and everyone got on with each other. – less
I get to meet new people everyday
Cashier (Current Employee), Rome, GANovember 25, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: under 200 dollars a week
A typical day at work consumes mostly of assisting customers, cleaning and maintaining the store, stocking, running the register, and running reports,
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), fayetteville ncOctober 24, 2013
the pantry was one of the places i actually liked working. They have great hours and great people to be around.
Enjoyable place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits and flexible schedule
Cons: no lunches, and very minimal breaks
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to meet a variety of new people and have them leaving this store with a smile on their face. I learned what it was like to not only work in a convenience store atmosphere but also what it was like to aide in running one. I feel that there are some areas of management that could be worked on. I fit right – more... into this job as if it is what I am meant to do. Unfortunately due to extenuating circumstances at home (a very sick child) I had to take some time off and my job could not be held. The hardest part of my job was making the decision to let this job go. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting up and going there everyday. I enjoyed the people I worked with as they did me, and I enjoyed my customers. – less
Republicans only....
Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCOctober 9, 2013
Pros: i had a job
Cons: management, lies, bickering
Totally a republican-centered company. As a white female in management, it's funny how execs would assume I was Republican and talk candidly about 'those people' and 'idiot democrats'.

Not a great place to work. If you like being micro-managed, spied on and talked about,then this is the perfect company for you!
Fun and customer service oriented.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, GAOctober 8, 2013
I enjoy working with people and I seen a lot of the same people everyday along with many new ones. I enjoyed supervising my employees and helping my customers in every way possible.
The pantry
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, NCOctober 5, 2013
Pros: i work by myself with no other staff so there is no interfierence with my work
Cons: no hours and no benefits
I work the overnight shift which is from 11pm to 7am. My duties include but not limited to, cleaning, stock, customer service, inventory, merchandising, and paperwork.
I love the work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 26, 2013
I love the work. I feel you get paid way to low for the amount of work you are required to do and with no breaks.
Cheerful co workers
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no breaks
Nice working place
learned leadership and customer service skills
cheerful co workers
being busy and yet working alone is a tough part of the job.
However some customers are really amicable, and the working area is really sympathetic
bad place to be
MANAGER (Former Employee), birmingham ala.September 9, 2013
didnt like the superviser he didnt like women at all mad every womens work/life hard to be there
Fun
Waitress (Former Employee), LowestoftSeptember 6, 2013
I liked working here as I made lots of frirends and had a laugh with my colleges
panrty
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2013
was not a bad place to work but you work more hours than normal but get paid little
fun, relaxed enviroment
Lead Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 16, 2013
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: on your feet all shift
It is a relaxed place to work. There is more to do than just standing behind a register. The managers are accommodating if requests are with in reason. Most stores have a small staff of 5-10 employees which is nice. All stores have their set regular customers that come in on a daily basis and they make it worth your wild.
High volume environment
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Concord, NCAugust 14, 2013
Fun to work, co-workers are easy to get along with, customers are great.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Chadbourn, NCAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work would be pretty busy. I learned how to operate the cash register, gas console, and lottery, check, credit card, and phone card machines. Management and co-workers were pretty nice and easy to get along with. We all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was having to stock the coolers and try to keep an eye on the store – more... at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with lots of different people. – less
Gas Station Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2013
Good job. Working alone and can be scary depending on the area you work in. Pay was ok, but the overtime made it better.
the most easiest job ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 30, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: getting robbed
I loved it, but the hours went from 20 to 40 back to 25 and some weeks just a day
Decent place to work but not much room for advancement with how uptight the company is.
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodruff, SCMay 28, 2013
Pros: free drinks, and paid weekly.
Cons: upper management, and one person in the store at a time usually. as well as high prices at the station for food.
Normal day at work would be coming in, getting the til opened up for the shift,ringing up the line that had formed, and then stocking what i could between customers. slow paced when u got a break but very fast with the rushes. Learned how to run a simple P.O.S. as well as the other functions of the gas station. Got better with the people of the town. – more... Management when I got there was good. Higher management wasn't so great. My co-workers were great to work with and we helped each other out a lot. The hardest part of the job was to manage to get everything done between the rushes, and the enjoyable part of the job was working with the other employees and seeing the people from town that I had gotten to know coming in the station all the time. – less
it was a tough experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long shift, unfair traitment
I had to work third and first shift for a while. I did not have an assistant. I was unable to get a day off. My district mgr got rid off all black managers. What happen to equal employment opportunity?

About The Pantry

The Pantry, Inc. (Pantry) is an independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States. As of September – Read more

The Pantry Photos