The Pantry Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive member sat and chatted
Waitress (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: fun costumers
Cons: low wage
a typical day at work would be serving the costumers and doing dishes since they never brought one in. what i learn was all the different foods they had on the menu. the management where over too friendly getting into personal business and always asking why they were actually talking time off the hardest part of the job was to be there by myself and being busy and getting annoyed that you werent aloud to call in people to help you out, the most joyable part of my job i would have to say was the people who came in and made you laugh when you needed it
Slow at night as it's a quiet location in south surrey
Server (Former Employee), South surreySeptember 13, 2015
Pros: calm and relaxing
Cons: boring at times slower at night in this area
was a fun place to work while working pt eves, great customers flow through which makes job pleasant to work at.great employees to work with also
decent salary
Line Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2015
Cons: hours vary
learned how to work independently, take the heat when clients are upset, yelling etc, met some nice people along the way. must be organized, work at a fast pace, exercise good judgement, be resourceful and can follow directions to perfection.
over worked not tried fairly
Dish Washer/Busser/Kitchen Hand (Current Employee), new westminsterJuly 26, 2015
I started as a dishwasher then busser, now a cook. Still being paid as a dishwasher. The restaurant is old and falling apart, managment is never there. The co-workers are great.
Very Good Environment but poor income
Host/Server (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCJune 25, 2015
Pros: Nice friendly environment, Supportive co-workers, Free breakfast.
Cons: No hours, No tip out.
- Very short hours with little to no income as a host/server
- Gained experience at the house front
- The social environment is great
ok to work for if right owners present
Dishwasher/Bus Person (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good staff causale atmospher
Cons: owners not screened too well guid lines not eficiently enforced
overall the chain is not bad to work for but job satisfaction dose depend on the owner ship of the franchisie and how theay treat thair employees
Terrible Management
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: awesome workers, free pop
Cons: terrible management, very low pay, low hours
I've dealt with between 8 and 13 bosses in my time so far, and this one was by far the worst. He didn't know how to run a business let alone his employees, so I got heat a lot of the time for things that weren't worth mentioning.

As an example, I was told to soak the sauce cups in a small bin of soapy water. He told me to do this when I started so I assumed that's how he wanted it done so I did it up until April. He came in and yelled at me for soaking those sauce cups and told me to rinse them out and send them through immediately. (they're low priority because there's so many so that's a pain) Soaking them and throwing them through is faster and easier than doing them right then and there. As such, he decided to fire me by not calling me for 3 months. Right before I moved he asked me into a shift, and I just couldn't say yes to that.

Awful.
Productive and fun place to be
Restaurant supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 10, 2014
Pros: one free meal a day
Cons: long hours
My typical day as a restaurant supervisor - I typically handle almost every aspect of running a restaurant at its physical location. I am normally in charge of making sure guests are happy, training employees, and seeing to it that the restaurant is complying with all rules and regulations put forth by local health and government officials. In addition to taking care of guests and employees, I might also be in charge of handling and balancing the money taken in between shifts. I am occasionally seen working at various jobs within a restaurant. I am normally able to wait tables, cook, and act as host or hostess if it is necessary.
I have been trained to deal with almost all day-to-day issues that may come up, but might occasionally have to get in touch with upper management if a situation comes up that he cannot handle on my own.
Friendly, working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed meeting and greeting new customers. I also really liked training new staff and seeing how each person reacts to different situation because it also teaches me new things along the way.
It was a really productive and fun workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2013
Pros: discount on any kind of foods purchase from the workplace
Cons: under staffing certain sections in the kitchen area
I learned lots of new things about working in a restaurant especially during training hours.In addition, I found out that in Canada customers and what they think or need are really important for employers and they do respect their customers.
All my co-workers and my managers were well behaved all the time and were very punctual.
The hardest part of my job was during rash hours. I was working in weekends alone and as a result during rash hours it was so difficult to prepare lots of orders together just in a few minutes. However, I love decorating salads or preparing desserts and this kept me all the time energetic and satisfied.
My responsibilities
Dishwasher/ cook (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: one free meal paid each day worked
Cons: managers lacked proper communication skills
While working at the pantry my role was just to ensure the dish area was clean. After six or eight months of working I was put on as a cook and my job was to keep area clean as possible while ensuring my orders got made correctly and quickly.
Great place for learning about natural nutrition.
Health food consultant / Customer service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2013
- Helping customers
- Ordering stock
- Cashing out customers
- Arranging merchandise
it was a great place
DISHWASHER (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches
The Pantry was a nice place to work at
Ive learned a lot doing dishwashing there
they closed down :(
Great work environment
Dishwasher/Janitor (Former Employee), Kamloops, British ColumbiaSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free dinners
Cons: not long enouph hours
Started off dishwashing at the Pantry, I learned to be quick with my hands. I then moved up to cook where i learned how to multi task and work at a extremely fast pace. Had to prepare gravy's, soups and others before hand. stalked freezers and coolers. Co-workers were very nice never ever had problems with them. The hardest part would be when I had to cook for 9 tables at once. Enjoyable part would be finishing and cleaning up
Never a boring day at work
Server (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great co workers and the tips
A work day at the Pantry was never boring, They trained there staff well and taught you how to do your job properly. I enjoyed working for the Pantry because of serving different types of people and knowing that it was up to myself as their server to give the customer the best experience and great service would get them and others by word of mouth to come back again and again. There was not a hard part working as a server or while setting up for a banquet or the clean up it was all worth it to see customers have a good time and enjoy a meal, Not many places have good service any more.
Pantry
Customer Service (Former Employee), coquitlamAugust 18, 2012
Cons: schedule always changing
Serving ppl customuer complaints . Nice place to work
Stocking making drinks, cleaning
It was a great place to work until they had problems
DAY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABAugust 4, 2012
Pros: i loved the responsibility
Cons: financial problems
I opened the restaurant and set up for breakfast. I was hired as a daytime supervisor. The first server would come in at 11:00 and i designated everyone to a section. I worked through lunch and it made for a good day. I assisted the staff with there cash or ant other problems they had.