The Pampered Chef Employee Reviews

Fun Job for setting your own hours
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL22 February 2016
This is a real job, if you want it to be. You can make real money...really good real money if you put your mind to it. If you want to set your own hours this is the job for you!
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
No set salary
The Pampered Chef
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC1 May 2014
Being a consultant for the Pampered Chef takes a lot of work and dedication. What you are willing to put into your work, is what you will get out of your work.

I have learned a lot about myself while working at The Pampered Chef. I absolutely love hosting people and meeting new people. Meeting new people each and every week was definitely the highlight of my job. The hardest part of working at The Pampered Chef was the balance of money and time. When I needed a lot of money, I didn't have the time to make up for it and when I had no time, I made no money.

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone on my team. Everyone is very outgoing and personable.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Salary
Excellent Training provided
Independant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PA30 August 2012
I learned how to learn what the customer is looking for in the products. The team trainings are a way to hone the skills necessaary to do so. The hardest part is trying to convince people to have a party but once they do, it isn't hard to convince them to buy the product.
Pros
promotions, excellent compensation.
Great place to work in Direct Sales
Kitchen Consultant - Sales and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL12 February 2014
I enjoyed this company, but after an injury to my husband, costing him his career, I had to look for something more stable with benefits for my (at that time) young children.
Pros
Independent sales, great training, great products
Cons
No benefits. Part time.
The Pampered Chef
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PA23 June 2014
Learned how to grow my business and enjoyed working with new clients everyday. The Directors of The Pampered Chef were helpful and caring. Willing to do whatever it takes to help others excel and to help them be a better consultant or a future leader.
Pros
Easy way to gain a home business, Discount on cooking products
Cons
Lower compensation
Terrible Leadership Team, Expensive Poor Quality Products, No employee growth potential
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Addison, IL (Home Office)19 February 2013
This is a poorly run company. The leadership team does not understand basic strategy as noted by the lack of a multi-year strategic plan and a 7 year declining revenue trend. Berkshire Hathaway will never admit they purchased a lemon, so they will continue to bury the declining company performance deep in their annual reports. Many will read the glowing reviews from the independent consultants who say they love the company, because they really just love the pyramid style sales structure. The product prices are inflated and the products are lack-luster when compared to competitive items from World Kitchen (OXO, Pyrex, Etc.) This company won’t be around in 15 years.
Pros
free product twice a year during the employee celebrations
Cons
no career growth, confused management & leadership team
Self employment at it's best
Owner/Operator direct sales (Former Employee) –  United States10 February 2016
If setting your own hours is an important requirement for you, this is definitely a direct sales company to be a part of. The Pampered Chef team is amazing!
Good incentives
Inventory Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Addison, IL24 October 2013
Good benefits with the focus on Wellness. Lots of seminars regarding the topic. TPC takes care of their employees.
Pros
Free product giveaways
Cons
30 minute lunch break
Transitioning to Where
Technology Team (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL17 November 2015
A lot of change is taking place at The Pampered Chef. Management level is a constant rotation. Attracting and retaining talent is a problem. If joining, good luck!
Pros
They give you product. Less than they used to, but you get some.
Cons
Management is not good. Constant revolving door.
Excellent Company to work for!
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FL7 September 2012
The Pampered Chef is a Y.O.B. instead of a JOB. Your own business instead of a job. You work when you want, not when someone tells you you have to.

The Company offers all expense paid vacations for you and your family and it's also offers a car allowance once you are an Executive Director. You can also pay for health insurance using the funds you earn.

Pampered Chef is a wonderful company to work for, and it's always a Party!
Pros
all expense paid vacations, free jewlery, car allowance, meet the nicest people and friends!
Cons
you still have to work, but at least it's always a party!
You are rewarded based on how much effort you put in. If you want to earn more you simply work more and give yourself your own pay rise.
Independent Consultant - The Pampered Chef (Current Employee) –  Home11 November 2014
Pro-activly seek cooking show bookings, initially from friends and family. Demonstrate professional quality cookware in customers homes to achieve sales and gain further cooking show bookings.
A great job if you're sociable and love food and/or cooking.
Really lovely and supportive co-workers and management teams.
It can be hard to get cooking show booking especially if you've taken a long period of time out but your manager will help you.
The products are amazing, they all come with long guarantees, some of the items have lifetime guarantees. You can use the products at home for your own cooking as well as taking them to cooking shows.
Pros
Wonderful products to use at home, work as and when you want to fit in around your family or other commitments.
Cons
Can be hard to get cooking show bookings
Input equals Output
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Royal Center, IN6 October 2015
I loved the products I sold, which made it a breeze for me to talk with customers about what the Pampered Chef offers. The more time and effort I put into my business with the Pampered Chef the better result I had with sales.
Pros
Ability to earn free products
Great company
SENIOR QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Addison, IL17 August 2015
The Pampered Chef is a great company to work for with a great management team. Great co workers that work very well together. New hires are trained very well.
good co-workers
Career Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL15 May 2015
Interesting but very rigid,most different company I ever worked for in my entire career. One good thing about TPC they give away a lot of there products.
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Revamped website crippled Company
supportive and fun workplace with no Ceiling on your accomplishments
Independant Director (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA2 August 2013
If you are looking for independence with great reward this is a great company.
There is plenty of training, support and reward available if you are willing to put the effort in.
a typical day at work includes contacting customers by phone, scheduling cooking demonstrations and touching base with team mates. Training team mates for success is a large part of our business.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is sharing success and giving away free product.

The most difficult part of this job is.....it's all pretty easy, I'd say the most difficult part is not taking too much advantage of the flexibility.
Pros
flexibility, earning potential, rewards
Encouraging & Family Friendly Company with Excellent Benefits & Incentives
Independent Consultant & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Arizona5 June 2014
Working for the Pampered Chef is a fantastic opportunity. I set my own schedule and as a mom of 3 and wife to a military member, flexibility is of the utmost importance to me. I set my own hours and goals. I can work as much or as little as I need and the company is always there for me. The Pampered Chef often offers company incentives for a job well done. I have been with the company for a year and I've steadily moved up the ranks. I meet all sorts of new people and can show them new skills, creative cooking options and give them ways to spend more time with their families. I love PC! :)
Great company to work for with highly motivated co-workers
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GA2 December 2012
I work for myself selling The Pampered Chef products. I get out of it what I put into it. I have strong work ethics and not afraid to jump in with both feet to get done whatever is needed. The other consultants that I work with are always full of energy and very enjoyable to be around. I have learned that no matter what the price is, if the product is well made, it can be sold. My typical workday consists of my calling potential hosts and making follow-up calls to customers. The hardest part of my job - there is not really one, the most enjoyable is working with people who truly love being in the kitchen and enjoy eating.
Indepenent sales
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NV8 August 2012
At a typical day of work I show up about two to three hours early to set up for the party I am consulting for my host so I have time to layout everything and go over the basics of the party with the Host. I learned how to become more outgoing and more independent. I am able to manage myself and my own business. The hardest part of the job is getting people to buy the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the different people and hearing their stories whether it's about the products or about their personal lives. I really enjoy being around people.
Pros
i get to meet new people all the time.
Cons
commission
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - BAD MANAGERS
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL19 April 2013
About every other month, this company is advertising for the same jobs....high turnover rate, which is an excellent indicator of bad management. Do not read into the 5-star reviews because those are writtten by paid managers at the company so the company does not look as bad as it really it is.

Bottom line: stay away from this company unless you only want a job for about a month.
Cons
too many to list
Great company to work for
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, AR17 September 2013
A typical day would include advertising your Pampered Chef business and trying to book shows or make sales. The management of the company are great encouraging leaders of great success. The hardest part of this job would be trying to maintain a regular income since your income is strictly commission based as a consultant.
Pros
Great pay, great bonuses

4.2