The Pampered Chef Employee Reviews

Friendly, helpful Co-Workers, Unrealistic work environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL16 June 2017
They have a "put on a happy face" attitude however the turnover is very high and the expectations of new employees are quite unrealistic. The hiring process is long and drawn out. In the end, most candidates never even make it to a face to face interview. It can take months to hire one individual. Too many "managers" involved.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Poor communication, unrealistic expectations
Define yourself at your own pace
Independent Director and Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 May 2017
The Pampered Chef is a wonderful place to work where you can work at your own pace - whether that is fast paced or taking your time. It's an awesome place to work.
Challenging Environment.
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL.8 March 2017
AAA+ to work for. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Enjoyed the aspects of the job and the ability to be the go to person for special projects. Performed all projects under budget and under time frame required.
Pros
Occasional free product.
Cons
None.
I am having so much fun!
Director (Current Employee) –  Virginia31 March 2016
I did another direct sales company for 12 years another direct sales business. I actually stumbled upon this business while Christmas shopping one year ! The online tools that they give to Consultants for training purposes are unbelievable. My upline my sidelines every person at the office when I call or super nice and very helpful. When we call they always help us get results and find answers. There are endless opportunities to advance, increase your pay and earn rewards from trips to car allowances!
Pros
Can work online, catalog or cooking shows.
Cons
Self motivation is a must.
Fun Job for setting your own hours
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL22 February 2016
This is a real job, if you want it to be. You can make real money...really good real money if you put your mind to it. If you want to set your own hours this is the job for you!
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
No set salary
Self employment at it's best
Owner/Operator direct sales (Former Employee) –  United States10 February 2016
If setting your own hours is an important requirement for you, this is definitely a direct sales company to be a part of. The Pampered Chef team is amazing!
Transitioning to Where
Technology Team (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL17 November 2015
A lot of change is taking place at The Pampered Chef. Management level is a constant rotation. Attracting and retaining talent is a problem. If joining, good luck!
Pros
They give you product. Less than they used to, but you get some.
Cons
Management is not good. Constant revolving door.
Input equals Output
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Royal Center, IN6 October 2015
I loved the products I sold, which made it a breeze for me to talk with customers about what the Pampered Chef offers. The more time and effort I put into my business with the Pampered Chef the better result I had with sales.
Pros
Ability to earn free products
Great company
SENIOR QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Addison, IL17 August 2015
The Pampered Chef is a great company to work for with a great management team. Great co workers that work very well together. New hires are trained very well.
Part time flexible schedule
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, CT4 June 2015
A typical work day consisted of me answering phones, creating work orders, data entry, filing, shipping, receiving and organizing stock. The hardest part of the job was how quiet it was. I was alone in the office often. The best part of the job was the flexible hours and when the other staff came in.
good co-workers
Career Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL15 May 2015
Interesting but very rigid,most different company I ever worked for in my entire career. One good thing about TPC they give away a lot of there products.
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Revamped website crippled Company
Be your own boss!
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bumpass, VA28 April 2015
With The Pampered Chef, you can be your own boss, while managing other items, jobs and time with your family. It is very much a customer service position and probably the most enjoyable part is meeting all the new people that attend shows. The training is outstanding and they do not leave you out for the wolves. My team is great and very encouraging.
Great Work at home opportunity
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, Ca20 April 2015
I love working for this company, the awards and prizes are great and so easy to earn. I love the fact that you get what you put into it and you are able to work at your schedule.
Pros
free product
good
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, WA9 April 2015
Good for stay at home mothers who want to make a little money on the side. The hardest part of this job is getting people to host parties. The part that was great tho is being able to make friends.
lots of rewards and fun
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA25 March 2015
I love working with The Pampered Chef. There is no limit to the income potential. The flexibility and acknowledgement are amazing. As well as money, we earn trips, jewelry and free products.
fun environment.
Flexible Schedule, Life/Work Balance, No Supervision
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Corinth, ME5 March 2015
Becoming a business owner has given me some opportunities for self discipline, gaining social connection, and having fun with products I truly love and enjoy selling. Because I work a full-time job I don't always find time to promote my business or make phone calls for leads on getting another show booking but I really enjoy what I have been able to do so far.
Promotes Flexibility and Independence
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roca, NE16 January 2015
Gives you the flexibility to work at whatever level you prefer. Work independently with the support of a team.
Pros
Make your own hours.
Stuck in time!
Level 2 Tech support (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL15 January 2015
OK company to work for.
Most of the people that work there are stuffy! Not so much room for creativity! The most cleanest company I have ever worked for.
There proprietary software in antiquated and hard to work with!
Few good people still work there.
Pros
Some good perks
Cons
Stuffy
You are rewarded based on how much effort you put in. If you want to earn more you simply work more and give yourself your own pay rise.
Independent Consultant - The Pampered Chef (Current Employee) –  Home11 November 2014
Pro-activly seek cooking show bookings, initially from friends and family. Demonstrate professional quality cookware in customers homes to achieve sales and gain further cooking show bookings.
A great job if you're sociable and love food and/or cooking.
Really lovely and supportive co-workers and management teams.
It can be hard to get cooking show booking especially if you've taken a long period of time out but your manager will help you.
The products are amazing, they all come with long guarantees, some of the items have lifetime guarantees. You can use the products at home for your own cooking as well as taking them to cooking shows.
Pros
Wonderful products to use at home, work as and when you want to fit in around your family or other commitments.
Cons
Can be hard to get cooking show bookings
Independent Enviroment
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI14 October 2014
This was a home based business I did while traveling with spouse on his military travels. It was as with anything as productive as I put into it. I was very successful at this and thrived.

The most challenging part was fact that it was Independent Employment. As with any venture like this you wear every business 'hat' possible.