The Pampered Chef Employee Reviews

Fun Job for setting your own hours
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL22 February 2016
This is a real job, if you want it to be. You can make real money...really good real money if you put your mind to it. If you want to set your own hours this is the job for you!
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
No set salary
Self employment at it's best
Owner/Operator direct sales (Former Employee) –  United States10 February 2016
If setting your own hours is an important requirement for you, this is definitely a direct sales company to be a part of. The Pampered Chef team is amazing!
Transitioning to Where
Technology Team (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL17 November 2015
A lot of change is taking place at The Pampered Chef. Management level is a constant rotation. Attracting and retaining talent is a problem. If joining, good luck!
Pros
They give you product. Less than they used to, but you get some.
Cons
Management is not good. Constant revolving door.
Input equals Output
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Royal Center, IN6 October 2015
I loved the products I sold, which made it a breeze for me to talk with customers about what the Pampered Chef offers. The more time and effort I put into my business with the Pampered Chef the better result I had with sales.
Pros
Ability to earn free products
Be your own boss!
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bumpass, VA28 April 2015
With The Pampered Chef, you can be your own boss, while managing other items, jobs and time with your family. It is very much a customer service position and probably the most enjoyable part is meeting all the new people that attend shows. The training is outstanding and they do not leave you out for the wolves. My team is great and very encouraging.
Flexible Schedule, Life/Work Balance, No Supervision
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Corinth, ME5 March 2015
Becoming a business owner has given me some opportunities for self discipline, gaining social connection, and having fun with products I truly love and enjoy selling. Because I work a full-time job I don't always find time to promote my business or make phone calls for leads on getting another show booking but I really enjoy what I have been able to do so far.
Part time flexible schedule
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, CT4 June 2015
A typical work day consisted of me answering phones, creating work orders, data entry, filing, shipping, receiving and organizing stock. The hardest part of the job was how quiet it was. I was alone in the office often. The best part of the job was the flexible hours and when the other staff came in.
Encouraging & Family Friendly Company with Excellent Benefits & Incentives
Independent Consultant & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Arizona5 June 2014
Working for the Pampered Chef is a fantastic opportunity. I set my own schedule and as a mom of 3 and wife to a military member, flexibility is of the utmost importance to me. I set my own hours and goals. I can work as much or as little as I need and the company is always there for me. The Pampered Chef often offers company incentives for a job well done. I have been with the company for a year and I've steadily moved up the ranks. I meet all sorts of new people and can show them new skills, creative cooking options and give them ways to spend more time with their families. I love PC! :)
The Pampered Chef
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC1 May 2014
Being a consultant for the Pampered Chef takes a lot of work and dedication. What you are willing to put into your work, is what you will get out of your work.

I have learned a lot about myself while working at The Pampered Chef. I absolutely love hosting people and meeting new people. Meeting new people each and every week was definitely the highlight of my job. The hardest part of working at The Pampered Chef was the balance of money and time. When I needed a lot of money, I didn't have the time to make up for it and when I had no time, I made no money.

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone on my team. Everyone is very outgoing and personable.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Salary
Worked independently as a Kitchen Sales Consultant
Kitchen Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL12 March 2014
Made my own hours, booked my own shows, was in charge of my own success. I love to cook and enjoy kitchen and cookware products. I initially took on the position to earn free products. Once I achieved that goal, I continued selling because of the money that could be made. It became too much because I was doing this job Part-time while simultaneously working at Berkeley College.
Pros
The money and free products.
Indepenent sales
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NV8 August 2012
At a typical day of work I show up about two to three hours early to set up for the party I am consulting for my host so I have time to layout everything and go over the basics of the party with the Host. I learned how to become more outgoing and more independent. I am able to manage myself and my own business. The hardest part of the job is getting people to buy the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the different people and hearing their stories whether it's about the products or about their personal lives. I really enjoy being around people.
Pros
i get to meet new people all the time.
Cons
commission
Excellent Company to work for!
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FL7 September 2012
The Pampered Chef is a Y.O.B. instead of a JOB. Your own business instead of a job. You work when you want, not when someone tells you you have to.

The Company offers all expense paid vacations for you and your family and it's also offers a car allowance once you are an Executive Director. You can also pay for health insurance using the funds you earn.

Pampered Chef is a wonderful company to work for, and it's always a Party!
Pros
all expense paid vacations, free jewlery, car allowance, meet the nicest people and friends!
Cons
you still have to work, but at least it's always a party!
Great company to work for with highly motivated co-workers
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GA2 December 2012
I work for myself selling The Pampered Chef products. I get out of it what I put into it. I have strong work ethics and not afraid to jump in with both feet to get done whatever is needed. The other consultants that I work with are always full of energy and very enjoyable to be around. I have learned that no matter what the price is, if the product is well made, it can be sold. My typical workday consists of my calling potential hosts and making follow-up calls to customers. The hardest part of my job - there is not really one, the most enjoyable is working with people who truly love being in the kitchen and enjoy eating.
supportive and fun workplace with no Ceiling on your accomplishments
Independant Director (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA2 August 2013
If you are looking for independence with great reward this is a great company.
There is plenty of training, support and reward available if you are willing to put the effort in.
a typical day at work includes contacting customers by phone, scheduling cooking demonstrations and touching base with team mates. Training team mates for success is a large part of our business.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is sharing success and giving away free product.

The most difficult part of this job is.....it's all pretty easy, I'd say the most difficult part is not taking too much advantage of the flexibility.
Pros
flexibility, earning potential, rewards
Great opportunity for stay at home moms
Consultant and Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA and Panama City, FL5 May 2014
If you like to cook and believe in family meal time, this is a wonderful thing to do. I made it to director status and enjoyed my shows. Lugging heavy tools around town was cumbersome and the constant calls about cracked stoneware and warranty items was time consuming but you can make money doing this business-if you commit to the putting in the time in the office and doing shows.
Learned an array of different skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL29 October 2013
The Pampered Chef was a good company to teach someone newer skills for there customer service trade. There are some things I would change.

Incoming call load was around 400 calls and my coworkers and myself worked very hard to keep the call volume down.

The hardest part of my job was to help a customer whom wanted to speak with a manager due to it was hard to locate a manager to help.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - BAD MANAGERS
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL19 April 2013
About every other month, this company is advertising for the same jobs....high turnover rate, which is an excellent indicator of bad management. Do not read into the 5-star reviews because those are writtten by paid managers at the company so the company does not look as bad as it really it is.

Bottom line: stay away from this company unless you only want a job for about a month.
Cons
too many to list
Great company to work for
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, AR17 September 2013
A typical day would include advertising your Pampered Chef business and trying to book shows or make sales. The management of the company are great encouraging leaders of great success. The hardest part of this job would be trying to maintain a regular income since your income is strictly commission based as a consultant.
Pros
Great pay, great bonuses
Your business, your way
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CO29 September 2013
Having a Pampered Chef business is great! You can work as much or as little as you want, when you want. You are rewarded with not only commissions, but free products too. And the meetings are informative and helpful. Home Office is available for problems and solutions too.
Pros
flexibility, discounts, free products
Cons
based on your abilities to talk to people
Independent Enviroment
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI14 October 2014
This was a home based business I did while traveling with spouse on his military travels. It was as with anything as productive as I put into it. I was very successful at this and thrived.

The most challenging part was fact that it was Independent Employment. As with any venture like this you wear every business 'hat' possible.

4.2