The Pampered Chef Employee Reviews

Fun Job for setting your own hours
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 22, 2016
This is a real job, if you want it to be. You can make real money...really good real money if you put your mind to it. If you want to set your own hours this is the job for you!
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
No set salary
Terrible Leadership Team, Expensive Poor Quality Products, No employee growth potential
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Addison, IL (Home Office)February 19, 2013
This is a poorly run company. The leadership team does not understand basic strategy as noted by the lack of a multi-year strategic plan and a 7 year declining revenue trend. Berkshire Hathaway will never admit they purchased a lemon, so they will continue to bury the declining company performance deep in their annual reports. Many will read the glowing reviews from the independent consultants who say they love the company, because they really just love the pyramid style sales structure. The product prices are inflated and the products are lack-luster when compared to competitive items from World Kitchen (OXO, Pyrex, Etc.) This company won’t be around in 15 years.
Pros
free product twice a year during the employee celebrations
Cons
no career growth, confused management & leadership team
Transitioning to Where
Technology Team (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 17, 2015
A lot of change is taking place at The Pampered Chef. Management level is a constant rotation. Attracting and retaining talent is a problem. If joining, good luck!
Pros
They give you product. Less than they used to, but you get some.
Cons
Management is not good. Constant revolving door.
Self employment at it's best
Owner/Operator direct sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2016
If setting your own hours is an important requirement for you, this is definitely a direct sales company to be a part of. The Pampered Chef team is amazing!
Great company
SENIOR QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILAugust 17, 2015
The Pampered Chef is a great company to work for with a great management team. Great co workers that work very well together. New hires are trained very well.
You are rewarded based on how much effort you put in. If you want to earn more you simply work more and give yourself your own pay rise.
Independent Consultant - The Pampered Chef (Current Employee) –  HomeNovember 11, 2014
Pro-activly seek cooking show bookings, initially from friends and family. Demonstrate professional quality cookware in customers homes to achieve sales and gain further cooking show bookings.
A great job if you're sociable and love food and/or cooking.
Really lovely and supportive co-workers and management teams.
It can be hard to get cooking show booking especially if you've taken a long period of time out but your manager will help you.
The products are amazing, they all come with long guarantees, some of the items have lifetime guarantees. You can use the products at home for your own cooking as well as taking them to cooking shows.
Pros
wonderful products to use at home, work as and when you want to fit in around your family or other commitments.
Cons
can be hard to get cooking show bookings
Excellent Training provided
Independant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAAugust 30, 2012
I learned how to learn what the customer is looking for in the products. The team trainings are a way to hone the skills necessaary to do so. The hardest part is trying to convince people to have a party but once they do, it isn't hard to convince them to buy the product.
Pros
promotions, excellent compensation.
Great place to work in Direct Sales
Kitchen Consultant - Sales and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 12, 2014
I enjoyed this company, but after an injury to my husband, costing him his career, I had to look for something more stable with benefits for my (at that time) young children.
Pros
independent sales, great training, great products
Cons
no benefits. part time.
Input equals Output
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Royal Center, INOctober 6, 2015
I loved the products I sold, which made it a breeze for me to talk with customers about what the Pampered Chef offers. The more time and effort I put into my business with the Pampered Chef the better result I had with sales.
Pros
Ability to earn free products
The Pampered Chef
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 1, 2014
Being a consultant for the Pampered Chef takes a lot of work and dedication. What you are willing to put into your work, is what you will get out of your work.

I have learned a lot about myself while working at The Pampered Chef. I absolutely love hosting people and meeting new people. Meeting new people each and every week was definitely the highlight of my job. The hardest part of working at The Pampered Chef was the balance of money and time. When I needed a lot of money, I didn't have the time to make up for it and when I had no time, I made no money.

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone on my team. Everyone is very outgoing and personable.
Pros
free products
Cons
salary
good co-workers
Career Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 15, 2015
Interesting but very rigid,most different company I ever worked for in my entire career. One good thing about TPC they give away a lot of there products.
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Revamped website crippled Company
Excellent Company to work for!
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLSeptember 7, 2012
The Pampered Chef is a Y.O.B. instead of a JOB. Your own business instead of a job. You work when you want, not when someone tells you you have to.

The Company offers all expense paid vacations for you and your family and it's also offers a car allowance once you are an Executive Director. You can also pay for health insurance using the funds you earn.

Pampered Chef is a wonderful company to work for, and it's always a Party!
Pros
all expense paid vacations, free jewlery, car allowance, meet the nicest people and friends!
Cons
you still have to work, but at least it's always a party!
Highly Skilled? Well Educated? Talented? RUN AWAY!
PM/BA (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 7, 2013
If you are approached to interview for this company, RUN AWAY! I have worked in IT for over 15 years and have a very strong skill set with an excellent track record. I have never been fired from a job in my life and the treatment I received at Pampered Chef was deplorable! I would love to sit with Warren Buffett and tell him how much money he is wasting on this company. The culture is very woman-focused in a bad way (I’m female). It’s catty and annoying. My manager was uncomfortable with me as I would make suggestions to help improve business processes and make things run more smoothly. She hated me for that. She was also too low skilled to understand that not everyone needs to write down EVERYTHING said in a meeting. She would scribble down everything that was said, even if it was in the requirements document, and expected me to do the same. I spent HOURS writing documentation, creating business use cases, and working with the team who needed the application – I knew what was in the requirements! I would work late, stay late to be more convenient for the senior management, work until 10:30pm, and come in early at times. I was polite, worked well with my team, and VERY dedicated. I made EVERY deadline. I was fired because I “didn't take enough notes” (despite knowing exactly what was being requested)!! REALLY! I was given this pathetic excuse IN WRITING!

I’d describe the Pampered Chef experience as chaotic, disorganized, and downright hostile. Sometimes, chaos is good if there is an overall strategy and the company is focused on resolving issues - not the case here. This company
  more... needs better leadership at the CIO level and senior management needs to communicate with each other. At the time I was there, they had three huge projects going at once and no one from the project teams talked to each other. Their PMO is practically non-existent. I was hired to be a Project Manager but my official paperwork called me a Business Analyst. I am a PMP and they do not follow PMBOK at all! I was also told that they are an Agile shop. This is not true. Labeling a status meeting as a scrum meeting is not Agile.

The senior management, despite saying that they want to get things done, will accept your meeting invites and then not show up to the meeting! This happened to me 3 times in one day! They will change their requirements on you (sometimes late at night!!) and not tell you for days. And like I said, they don’t show up for meetings, respond to phone calls, or answer emails so it’s hard to know when changes are made. You have to hunt them down if you want anything. This was a daily occurrence. I took my laptop into the hallway sometimes just to catch them!! If they worked in another company, they’d be fired on the spot.

Their Oracle database is a mess and they can’t integrate old data to the website. (The Lifetime warranty is worthless if you don’t have your order number btw. And, if you bought your product off of eBay, they will not live up to their warranty.) The beta website and new portal for consultants was supposed to be rolled out at the beginning of 2012 and it still is in beta. I remember the night it “went live.” The management team worked overnight for several days. It was ridiculous! How do you rollout a site when you KNOW it isn't ready? Dare to point this fact out and you lose your job.

Besides having no strategic leadership, the other root cause of their IT issues is that the company bends over backward to keep their sales consultants, and that includes breaking rules that make writing code and designing a database impossible. One thing that really annoyed me is that they always seemed to want us to purchase their products. It’s one thing to give us a discount but quite another to be pushy about it. If you didn't buy the products, you were looked down upon. I was asked why I didn't want to have a home party or become a consultant!

Also, your employment is conditional for 3 months. During the time I was there, I saw 5 people quit. I have also noticed that the same jobs keep appearing over and over again. You can’t invest in the retirement plan until you've been there for about 6 months. I remember the medical insurance starting fairly quickly.
Pros
the commute was 20 mins
Cons
no strategic leadership, senior management unavailable, catty corporate environment, no communication, fly by the seat of their pants
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - BAD MANAGERS
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 19, 2013
About every other month, this company is advertising for the same jobs....high turnover rate, which is an excellent indicator of bad management. Do not read into the 5-star reviews because those are writtten by paid managers at the company so the company does not look as bad as it really it is.

Bottom line: stay away from this company unless you only want a job for about a month.
Cons
too many to list
Great company to work for
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day would include advertising your Pampered Chef business and trying to book shows or make sales. The management of the company are great encouraging leaders of great success. The hardest part of this job would be trying to maintain a regular income since your income is strictly commission based as a consultant.
Pros
great pay, great bonuses
The Pampered Chef
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 23, 2014
Learned how to grow my business and enjoyed working with new clients everyday. The Directors of The Pampered Chef were helpful and caring. Willing to do whatever it takes to help others excel and to help them be a better consultant or a future leader.
Pros
easy way to gain a home business, discount on cooking products
Cons
lower compensation
Part time flexible schedule
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, CTJune 4, 2015
A typical work day consisted of me answering phones, creating work orders, data entry, filing, shipping, receiving and organizing stock. The hardest part of the job was how quiet it was. I was alone in the office often. The best part of the job was the flexible hours and when the other staff came in.
Be your own boss!
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bumpass, VAApril 28, 2015
With The Pampered Chef, you can be your own boss, while managing other items, jobs and time with your family. It is very much a customer service position and probably the most enjoyable part is meeting all the new people that attend shows. The training is outstanding and they do not leave you out for the wolves. My team is great and very encouraging.
Great opportunity for growth and to meet wonderful people
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 6, 2014
Manage your own career and family time. You have the opportunity to work as much as you like and advance if you desire. I loved the trips and free products. My kitchen was always stocked with wonderful products.
Pros
trips and products and wonderful people
supportive and fun workplace with no Ceiling on your accomplishments
Independant Director (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 2, 2013
If you are looking for independence with great reward this is a great company.
There is plenty of training, support and reward available if you are willing to put the effort in.
a typical day at work includes contacting customers by phone, scheduling cooking demonstrations and touching base with team mates. Training team mates for success is a large part of our business.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is sharing success and giving away free product.

The most difficult part of this job is.....it's all pretty easy, I'd say the most difficult part is not taking too much advantage of the flexibility.
Pros
flexibility, earning potential, rewards

4.2