The Pampered Chef Employee Reviews

Fun Job for setting your own hours
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 22, 2016
This is a real job, if you want it to be. You can make real money...really good real money if you put your mind to it. If you want to set your own hours this is the job for you!
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
No set salary
Self employment at it's best
Owner/Operator direct sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2016
If setting your own hours is an important requirement for you, this is definitely a direct sales company to be a part of. The Pampered Chef team is amazing!
Transitioning to Where
Technology Team (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 17, 2015
A lot of change is taking place at The Pampered Chef. Management level is a constant rotation. Attracting and retaining talent is a problem. If joining, good luck!
Pros
They give you product. Less than they used to, but you get some.
Cons
Management is not good. Constant revolving door.
Input equals Output
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Royal Center, INOctober 6, 2015
I loved the products I sold, which made it a breeze for me to talk with customers about what the Pampered Chef offers. The more time and effort I put into my business with the Pampered Chef the better result I had with sales.
Pros
Ability to earn free products
Part time flexible schedule
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, CTJune 4, 2015
A typical work day consisted of me answering phones, creating work orders, data entry, filing, shipping, receiving and organizing stock. The hardest part of the job was how quiet it was. I was alone in the office often. The best part of the job was the flexible hours and when the other staff came in.
Be your own boss!
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bumpass, VAApril 28, 2015
With The Pampered Chef, you can be your own boss, while managing other items, jobs and time with your family. It is very much a customer service position and probably the most enjoyable part is meeting all the new people that attend shows. The training is outstanding and they do not leave you out for the wolves. My team is great and very encouraging.
Great company
SENIOR QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILAugust 17, 2015
The Pampered Chef is a great company to work for with a great management team. Great co workers that work very well together. New hires are trained very well.
Flexible Schedule, Life/Work Balance, No Supervision
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MEMarch 5, 2015
Becoming a business owner has given me some opportunities for self discipline, gaining social connection, and having fun with products I truly love and enjoy selling. Because I work a full-time job I don't always find time to promote my business or make phone calls for leads on getting another show booking but I really enjoy what I have been able to do so far.
good co-workers
Career Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 15, 2015
Interesting but very rigid,most different company I ever worked for in my entire career. One good thing about TPC they give away a lot of there products.
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Revamped website crippled Company
lots of rewards and fun
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 25, 2015
I love working with The Pampered Chef. There is no limit to the income potential. The flexibility and acknowledgement are amazing. As well as money, we earn trips, jewelry and free products.
fun environment.
Great Work at home opportunity
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CaApril 20, 2015
I love working for this company, the awards and prizes are great and so easy to earn. I love the fact that you get what you put into it and you are able to work at your schedule.
Pros
free product
Encouraging & Family Friendly Company with Excellent Benefits & Incentives
Independent Consultant & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 5, 2014
Working for the Pampered Chef is a fantastic opportunity. I set my own schedule and as a mom of 3 and wife to a military member, flexibility is of the utmost importance to me. I set my own hours and goals. I can work as much or as little as I need and the company is always there for me. The Pampered Chef often offers company incentives for a job well done. I have been with the company for a year and I've steadily moved up the ranks. I meet all sorts of new people and can show them new skills, creative cooking options and give them ways to spend more time with their families. I love PC! :)
Stuck in time!
Level 2 Tech support (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 15, 2015
OK company to work for.
Most of the people that work there are stuffy! Not so much room for creativity! The most cleanest company I have ever worked for.
There proprietary software in antiquated and hard to work with!
Few good people still work there.
Pros
some good perks
Cons
stuffy
Independent Enviroment
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 14, 2014
This was a home based business I did while traveling with spouse on his military travels. It was as with anything as productive as I put into it. I was very successful at this and thrived.

The most challenging part was fact that it was Independent Employment. As with any venture like this you wear every business 'hat' possible.
The Pampered Chef
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 1, 2014
Being a consultant for the Pampered Chef takes a lot of work and dedication. What you are willing to put into your work, is what you will get out of your work.

I have learned a lot about myself while working at The Pampered Chef. I absolutely love hosting people and meeting new people. Meeting new people each and every week was definitely the highlight of my job. The hardest part of working at The Pampered Chef was the balance of money and time. When I needed a lot of money, I didn't have the time to make up for it and when I had no time, I made no money.

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone on my team. Everyone is very outgoing and personable.
Pros
free products
Cons
salary
good
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, WAApril 9, 2015
Good for stay at home mothers who want to make a little money on the side. The hardest part of this job is getting people to host parties. The part that was great tho is being able to make friends.
Great opportunity for stay at home moms
Consultant and Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA and Panama City, FLMay 5, 2014
If you like to cook and believe in family meal time, this is a wonderful thing to do. I made it to director status and enjoyed my shows. Lugging heavy tools around town was cumbersome and the constant calls about cracked stoneware and warranty items was time consuming but you can make money doing this business-if you commit to the putting in the time in the office and doing shows.
Worked independently as a Kitchen Sales Consultant
Kitchen Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 12, 2014
Made my own hours, booked my own shows, was in charge of my own success. I love to cook and enjoy kitchen and cookware products. I initially took on the position to earn free products. Once I achieved that goal, I continued selling because of the money that could be made. It became too much because I was doing this job Part-time while simultaneously working at Berkeley College.
Pros
the money and free products.
supportive and fun workplace with no Ceiling on your accomplishments
Independant Director (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 2, 2013
If you are looking for independence with great reward this is a great company.
There is plenty of training, support and reward available if you are willing to put the effort in.
a typical day at work includes contacting customers by phone, scheduling cooking demonstrations and touching base with team mates. Training team mates for success is a large part of our business.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is sharing success and giving away free product.

The most difficult part of this job is.....it's all pretty easy, I'd say the most difficult part is not taking too much advantage of the flexibility.
Pros
flexibility, earning potential, rewards
Indepenent sales
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NVAugust 8, 2012
At a typical day of work I show up about two to three hours early to set up for the party I am consulting for my host so I have time to layout everything and go over the basics of the party with the Host. I learned how to become more outgoing and more independent. I am able to manage myself and my own business. The hardest part of the job is getting people to buy the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the different people and hearing their stories whether it's about the products or about their personal lives. I really enjoy being around people.
Pros
i get to meet new people all the time.
Cons
commission

4.2