The Pampered Chef

The Pampered Chef Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worked independently as a Kitchen Sales Consultant
Kitchen Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Addison, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the money and free products.
Made my own hours, booked my own shows, was in charge of my own success. I love to cook and enjoy kitchen and cookware products. I initially took on the position to earn free products. Once I achieved that goal, I continued selling because of the money that could be made. It became too much because I was doing this job Part-time while simultaneously – more... working at Berkeley College. – less
Great Place, but won't last long
Account Executive (Former Employee), Addison, ILMarch 10, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: periodic layoffs
great people, work life balance is good, but known for layoffs.
nuturing enviornment
fun and flexible
Pampered Chef Consultant (Former Employee), norwalk ohioMarch 6, 2014
this company offers the chance to make your own hours and income based on the time you put towards sales
Great place to work in Direct Sales
Kitchen Consultant - Sales and Training Manager (Former Employee), Addison, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: independent sales, great training, great products
Cons: no benefits. part time.
I enjoyed this company, but after an injury to my husband, costing him his career, I had to look for something more stable with benefits for my (at that time) young children.
Fun Job
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2014
Allowed me to work my own hours
Have fun
Teach others healthy lifestyles
Direct Sales
Director and Trainer in sales (Current Employee), Addison, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: incentive trips and reconnition
I love my job with the Pampered Chef, I have been a consultant for more than 16 years, I enjoy working with the company, customers, and host, My hardest part of my job, is getting people on the phone to talk to them,.the most enjoyable part of my job, is meeting new people and being able to succeed without limits!
Very flexible and potential for a large income
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: free products
I got to meet lots of great people and share my love of cooking and baking and teach people how to do the same for their families.
Learned an array of different skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Addison, ILOctober 29, 2013
The Pampered Chef was a good company to teach someone newer skills for there customer service trade. There are some things I would change.

Incoming call load was around 400 calls and my coworkers and myself worked very hard to keep the call volume down.

The hardest part of my job was to help a customer whom wanted to speak with a manager due to it – more... was hard to locate a manager to help. – less
Good incentives
Inventory Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, ILOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free product giveaways
Cons: 30 minute lunch break
Good benefits with the focus on Wellness. Lots of seminars regarding the topic. TPC takes care of their employees.
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant/Clerical Representative (Former Employee), Addison, ILOctober 9, 2013
Pros: walk during lunch
i learned prowess, oracle.
most enjoyable part i was always busy.
paid lunch.
Your business, your way
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Boulder, COSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: flexibility, discounts, free products
Cons: based on your abilities to talk to people
Having a Pampered Chef business is great! You can work as much or as little as you want, when you want. You are rewarded with not only commissions, but free products too. And the meetings are informative and helpful. Home Office is available for problems and solutions too.
Great company to work for
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great pay, great bonuses
A typical day would include advertising your Pampered Chef business and trying to book shows or make sales. The management of the company are great encouraging leaders of great success. The hardest part of this job would be trying to maintain a regular income since your income is strictly commission based as a consultant.
Organized company with friendly employees
Freelance Proofreader (Former Employee), Addison, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: day ended at 4:30pm
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working at the Pampered Chef. I learned a lot about cookware and bakeware. The hours were always reasonable and the individuals who worked there were respectful and nice.
supportive and fun workplace with no Ceiling on your accomplishments
Independant Director (Current Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: flexibility, earning potential, rewards
If you are looking for independence with great reward this is a great company.
There is plenty of training, support and reward available if you are willing to put the effort in.
a typical day at work includes contacting customers by phone, scheduling cooking demonstrations and touching base with team mates. Training team mates for success is a large – more... part of our business.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is sharing success and giving away free product.

The most difficult part of this job is.....it's all pretty easy, I'd say the most difficult part is not taking too much advantage of the flexibility. – less
Highly Skilled? Well Educated? Talented? RUN AWAY!
PM/BA (Former Employee), Addison, ILMay 7, 2013
Pros: the commute was 20 mins
Cons: no strategic leadership, senior management unavailable, catty corporate environment, no communication, fly by the seat of their pants
If you are approached to interview for this company, RUN AWAY! I have worked in IT for over 15 years and have a very strong skill set with an excellent track record. I have never been fired from a job in my life and the treatment I received at Pampered Chef was deplorable! I would love to sit with Warren Buffett and tell him how much money he is wasting – more... on this company. The culture is very woman-focused in a bad way (I’m female). It’s catty and annoying. My manager was uncomfortable with me as I would make suggestions to help improve business processes and make things run more smoothly. She hated me for that. She was also too low skilled to understand that not everyone needs to write down EVERYTHING said in a meeting. She would scribble down everything that was said, even if it was in the requirements document, and expected me to do the same. I spent HOURS writing documentation, creating business use cases, and working with the team who needed the application – I knew what was in the requirements! I would work late, stay late to be more convenient for the senior management, work until 10:30pm, and come in early at times. I was polite, worked well with my team, and VERY dedicated. I made EVERY deadline. I was fired because I “didn't take enough notes” (despite knowing exactly what was being requested)!! REALLY! I was given this pathetic excuse IN WRITING!

I’d describe the Pampered Chef experience as chaotic, disorganized, and downright hostile. Sometimes, chaos is good if there is an overall strategy and the company is focused on resolving issues - not the case here. This company needs better leadership at the CIO level and senior management needs to communicate with each other. At the time I was there, they had three huge projects going at once and no one from the project teams talked to each other. Their PMO is practically non-existent. I was hired to be a Project Manager but my official paperwork called me a Business Analyst. I am a PMP and they do not follow PMBOK at all! I was also told that they are an Agile shop. This is not true. Labeling a status meeting as a scrum meeting is not Agile.

The senior management, despite saying that they want to get things done, will accept your meeting invites and then not show up to the meeting! This happened to me 3 times in one day! They will change their requirements on you (sometimes late at night!!) and not tell you for days. And like I said, they don’t show up for meetings, respond to phone calls, or answer emails so it’s hard to know when changes are made. You have to hunt them down if you want anything. This was a daily occurrence. I took my laptop into the hallway sometimes just to catch them!! If they worked in another company, they’d be fired on the spot.

Their Oracle database is a mess and they can’t integrate old data to the website. (The Lifetime warranty is worthless if you don’t have your order number btw. And, if you bought your product off of eBay, they will not live up to their warranty.) The beta website and new portal for consultants was supposed to be rolled out at the beginning of 2012 and it still is in beta. I remember the night it “went live.” The management team worked overnight for several days. It was ridiculous! How do you rollout a site when you KNOW it isn't ready? Dare to point this fact out and you lose your job.

Besides having no strategic leadership, the other root cause of their IT issues is that the company bends over backward to keep their sales consultants, and that includes breaking rules that make writing code and designing a database impossible. One thing that really annoyed me is that they always seemed to want us to purchase their products. It’s one thing to give us a discount but quite another to be pushy about it. If you didn't buy the products, you were looked down upon. I was asked why I didn't want to have a home party or become a consultant!

Also, your employment is conditional for 3 months. During the time I was there, I saw 5 people quit. I have also noticed that the same jobs keep appearing over and over again. You can’t invest in the retirement plan until you've been there for about 6 months. I remember the medical insurance starting fairly quickly. – less
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - BAD MANAGERS
Reviewer (Former Employee), Addison, ILApril 19, 2013
Cons: too many to list
About every other month, this company is advertising for the same jobs....high turnover rate, which is an excellent indicator of bad management. Do not read into the 5-star reviews because those are writtten by paid managers at the company so the company does not look as bad as it really it is.

Bottom line: stay away from this company unless you only – more... want a job for about a month. – less
Terrible Leadership Team, Expensive Poor Quality Products, No employee growth potential
Marketing Director (Current Employee), Addison, IL (Home Office)February 19, 2013
Pros: free product twice a year during the employee celebrations
Cons: no career growth, confused management & leadership team
This is a poorly run company. The leadership team does not understand basic strategy as noted by the lack of a multi-year strategic plan and a 7 year declining revenue trend. Berkshire Hathaway will never admit they purchased a lemon, so they will continue to bury the declining company performance deep in their annual reports. Many will read the glowing – more... reviews from the independent consultants who say they love the company, because they really just love the pyramid style sales structure. The product prices are inflated and the products are lack-luster when compared to competitive items from World Kitchen (OXO, Pyrex, Etc.) This company won’t be around in 15 years. – less
A work at your own pace type of company
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Hugo, MNJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: products, networking, and flexible hours
Cons: commission
This is an excellent job for many types of people. You can go as far into the company as you want but you have to put in the work to get there. If you do not want to climb to the top but just want to network and make a little extra on the side you can do that too.
Great Company
Independant Consultant (Current Employee), Kaufman, TXDecember 27, 2012
I love working with a company that allows me to work on my schedule and not have deadlines to meet.

Biff2 – April 19, 2013

What kind of bozo company lacks deadlines? No wonder the company has declining sales for 7 years.

Great company to work for with highly motivated co-workers
Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, GADecember 2, 2012
I work for myself selling The Pampered Chef products. I get out of it what I put into it. I have strong work ethics and not afraid to jump in with both feet to get done whatever is needed. The other consultants that I work with are always full of energy and very enjoyable to be around. I have learned that no matter what the price is, if the product – more... is well made, it can be sold. My typical workday consists of my calling potential hosts and making follow-up calls to customers. The hardest part of my job - there is not really one, the most enjoyable is working with people who truly love being in the kitchen and enjoy eating. – less

About The Pampered Chef

Got a hankerin' for crinkle-cut watermelons, perfectly wedged apples, or artfully zested lemons? Then call The Pampered Chef, a – Read more