The Original Cakerie is Canada's leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We have been operating for over 32 years and in 2008, added a second, brand new facility in London, ON.
Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people. We employ over 400 employees, in our Delta facility, many of whom have been with us for over 15 years.
We have the capability, capacity, and appetite for growth! We are looking to hire an experienced Millwright for the graveyard shift on a our Maintenance team
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, pneumatic systems and pumps
- Maintain and service equipment used in the manufacturing facility to ensure reliability
- Perform inspections and examine machinery to detect potential malfunctions
- Perform routine preventative maintenance work on machinery
- Provide support and expertise for equipment installations
- Work as part of a team
- Ensure safe operations and a safe working environment for all employees
- Account for inventory, labour and parts on a computerized maintenance program
- Certified Millwright / Industrial Mechanic
- A minimum of 3 years (post ticket) experience
- Experience in a food manufacturing or pharmaceutical plant is preferred
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to be a team player
- This department operates on a 24/7 basis, so flexibility to work night shift is required.
- Existing 4th Class Power Engineer certification is an asset. Candidates not holding this certificate may be considered, with the expectation that the certification will be completed. This process may be funded and supported by The Original Cakerie.
The starting wage for Millwrights is $29.64/hour. Employees with both Power Engineer and Millwright certificates will also receive an hourly premium, on top of the hourly wage.
In addition to scheduled wage increases as well as a competitive benefits package, we offer a clean, safe working environment.
If you enjoy a working in a clean, bright and fast-paced environment, and you enjoy a challenge, then this may be the opportunity for you. Interested candidates should email their resume to careers @cakerie.com. Please include 'Ind Millwright - ND0113' as the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.