The Old Spaghetti Factory

The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst job ever,just NOT WORTH it
dishwasher (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 24, 2015
Pros: co-worers who are nice, supportive, and senstive
Cons: pay is not decent enough for the work you give, plus managers who treat you are a slave
I was a dishwasher for downton Edmonton location working alone on busiest shift to closing time. Well, your typical day would be arrive early enough so you have time to change into working clothes and be at work station by the start of shift. You get an hour of uncrazy work and beyond that it's beyond crazy overload of work for one dishwasher the entire busiest shift. A dishwasher is lowest-paid but the toughest,back-breaking job. You clean everyone's stuff and mess, customer's mess,chef's mess,server's mess (not to mention crazy co-workers who got the habit of throwing knives with other utensils in the sink just so they can get on faster with their job too and therefore put you at risk) You are expected to keep the area cleared and clean all the time no matter how busy so you slack one bit, the manager will go shouting at you while banging the dirty dishes and trays to remind you that you are a slow slave, You end work by washing the entire kitchen area and throwing huge and heavy garbage bags (and no guy at work will offer a hand to help you at the end of the day :p) On this job I learned that it feels great to give a tip especially for a dishwasher everytime you are at a restaurant because they don't get a tip with the hardest job they have. Then i also learned not to eat at the old spaghetti factory and you know why? The bread/buns they serve you on your tables come from a filthy dark spot between the kitchen and laundry/dresser room which is a filthy floor. Yep. it lays there like garbage bags for mice, cockroach to play with at night. The kitchen set up is NOT my ideal – more... kind of clean for a kitchen,not even close. There are crazy dishwashers too trained me to save time by shocking and disgusting methods 1. wiping down plates and other related stuff with a filthy piece of cloth if they come out still kinda filthy due to overloading the dishwasher on busiest hours. (yuck! which i never practiced and why they wonder it took me longer) 2. pouring the entire fithy mop bucket content right into the dishwashing sink area. (another major YUCK! 3. wash filthy anti-slip mats we use right on the dishwashing machine where your plates and plates and other utensils go.

The enjoyable part of the job? When you are home just resting after a long hard work , thinking of the free meal they make you take home but of which you were too busy to get a break to eat at work and too tired to swallow them down when at home. :p

Been through different jobs in Edmonton, and even worked at an industrial place where I was trained for other jobs which require masculine power out of me, learned to be greasy,dirty,extra heavy and splicing jobs but it was worth it! I am not going back to being dishwasher at this place at least. – less
Productive and friendly workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), 54 The EsplanadeNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free meals when training new employee
Cons: no guaranteed end times
- very friendly coworkers and management
- usually very busy giving workers lots of tasks daily
- management is very fun, energetic, and understanding
- very difficult working saturdays as wait times would reach 1 hour
Bad
Busboy (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 26, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: not much time for breaks
Way too small change/laundry/break/mannagers office/washroom area. No time for breaks. Dead Mice in the back. May ask you to clean puke with a few napkins.
good job
Cook (Former Employee), new westminsterJanuary 6, 2014
my typical work day would be get to work then put on my uniform, do kitchen prep.
My first job in canada
Dishwasher and Pasta cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free food, tips
Cons: moderate pay
Working at the Spaghetti Factory was good. I started as a dishwasher and became a pasta prep / cook. The team was nice and multicultured.

The work was hard sometimes because it is a big restaurant in Toronto and a lot of people are going there.

The hardest part of the job was probably the dishwashing after a busy day.

It was a good experience to work in a kitchen of a busy restaurant like the spaghetti factory.
Busser at very busy restaurant
Busser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: low pay
My job mostly consisted of clearing tables, setting tables, and cleaning.
It was a very fast paced enviroment,
The best part of the job was the free food.
The worst part of the job was being covered in pasta sauce constantly.
Busy restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2013
Pros: great food discounts
Cons: depends on your needs.
It's a busy restaurant, that hires many people, and obtaining more shifts per week depends on your effort to sell. If you can show your worth to the company, they will reward you. Management is friendly, staff are pleasant, and you get out of it, what you put into the job.
Server
SERVER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2013
horrible place to work. If you like being poor and waiting two hours to start your shift then go ahead and apply for a job as a server.

About The Old Spaghetti Factory

Pasta noodles fuel the fires in these factories. OSF International operates nearly 40 Old Spaghetti Factory restaurants in 15 – Read more