Sales Executives for the Oil and Gas Industry – Advertising Sales ONLINE and IN PRINT
Our 20 year old, global energy publication, The OGM, is expanding in leaps and bounds. We want super energized people with high charismatic influential personalities for our offices in St. John’s, Calgary, Edmonton, Houston and Abu Dhabi.
You have unprecedented integrity and work ethic and you LOVE the art of business development with all its goals, projections, timelines and ambitions. You are a go-getter, a creative solution provider and a winner on every team. That competitive spirit keeps you interested, always learning and on the edge of technology and leading sales techniques and methodologies.
You love pay for performance because you can always see the clear fruits of your labor all the way to your bank account. You clearly understand the benefits of working for the lucrative energy industry and oil and gas and new energy are of great interest to you.
- To sell advertising in print and online to a portfolio of international oil and gas clients including sponsorship and advertising opportunities through face-to-face meetings, telephone contact and email.
- Adhere to an annual sales plan to meet weekly and monthly sales targets and manage all new opportunities within a sales pipeline.
- With the highest level of customer service, work to build strong relationships with industry professionals and associations to source new prospects for sales.
- Work to achieve the targeted mix of products, services and technology of online and in print mediums which we sell
- With the Sales Director create and follow annual sales plan, including the production of appropriate sales collateral, client communication and advertising aimed to secure new customers up-sell new opportunities or retain existing business.
- Input, update and amend customer data in the Contact Management Database to ensure that contracts and/or supporting paperwork are completely accurately and on time.
- Research, organize and develop new leads for potential business.
- Learn the day to day business and the functions of internal departments including operations, marketing and program development to help achieve sales
- Provide Daily updates and weekly sales reports to the Sales Manager
- Be aware of industry and news updates so you are a highly informed Energy Industry player
- Be aware of and attend networking events to obtain new sales
- Business travel as required
- Other duties as required
- Three to five years of outside sales experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Ability to work in a strong team based environment.
- Keen interest to contribute positively to office culture and team dynamics.
- Ambitious attitude towards sales and account management.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to process updates and information from multiple sources quickly.
- Experience managing accounts and client data to achieve sales is required.
- Ability to conduct cold calls to qualified prospects.
- Ability to research and develop prospect lists for sales.
- Experience selling trade show exhibit space, sponsorships and advertising is an asset.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Post secondary graduate or equivalent preferred.
A strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as using the internet is necessary to be successful.
- Developing new sponsorship/advertising accounts in print and online
- Service existing accounts
- Creating out of the box concepts with our creative department for your clients
- Ensuring accounts are paid
- Sales quotas must be met every month and are set by the entire team
- Communicate with management and staff, status and updates
Attend meetings with management to discuss status and provide updates
This is a paid for performance position. Salaries range from $40,000-60,000.
Suite 242 – 708 11th Ave SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T2R 0E4
P. 403.718.9811 F. 403.206.7425