The North Face

The North Face Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun working environment!
Key Holder (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2015
A fast paced working environment.
Managers and co-workers have high levels of accuracy and work productivity.
I took pride in my work and strived to improve my work performance.
Nice manager
Keyholder- Full Time (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: i always wanted to work in an outdoor store, now i have
Cons: no career growth, coworkers
Open/Close Cash
Sales
Leadership
Warranties
Customer Service

I am glad to be leaving
Everyday had something interesting to do
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: listen to music and work, nice people to work with, team work
Cons: when you finished something too fast you're left with nothing to do
I loved working here. Everyday there was something that I did and I loved doing it. I worked at The North Face as a Stock Associate for 8 months and I kind of hate myself for leaving.

I was able to listen music while working, which made me work more efficiently. I did things I liked such as sorting, inventory, etc.

Management and coworkers were also fun to talk to! They were a diverse bunch who always had a story to tell.

Probably the coolest place I have ever worked to date!
Lots of fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2014
Great resourceful training
Fun staff
Great discounts
Fair management
Lots of resources for improvement
Required to really engage with customers
Industry leader.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Great opportunities. Leader in outdoor industry. Management is excellent. Growing company. Company is expanding. Need more vertical communication from corporate partners in operations to the field. Feedback is welcomed, action is slow.
The worst work experience of my life
sales associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 7, 2015
I was bullied right out of the north face.

The management was horrible, they were rude and condescending. and they didnt know how to do their jobs right.
Amazing company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: employee insensitives, holiday par for part-time employees after 90 days
Cons: medium pay rate
VF, cooperation and especially The North Face we very customer and employee oriented. Hence the success of their company. Associates formed a pleasant team to be part of. The job at hand can at times be exhausting but ran smoothly.
The North Face
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), İstanbul, T34December 11, 2014
Pros: good sales
Cons: i was very tired during work.
I learned to got information about sport equipment
I learned goretex
The North Face made a good job for entering the market in turkey
Now,everybody use this company for sport equipment
Turkish people love quality
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 28, 2014
Great company to work with, lots of incentives. Solid training model that adequately prepares employees to succeed in sales.
Fun Place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGOctober 28, 2014
Pros: centre discounts
Cons: unsociable hours
Days are either extremely busy or very slow, extremely unsociable working hours. This job has improved by communication skills and allowed me to learn another aspect of business. Over the time I have been there I have been given some management opportunities this included completing the weekly rota and the daily planner.
Wonderful work environment
Sales Associate, Yoga Instructor (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 16, 2014
Exceptional employment for work/life balance, great benefits and job security, compassionate management, and inspiring and supportive job culture.
What I have learned from working for the company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 2, 2014
Since I have been working for The North Face, I have found myself to be a more responsible and hardworking person. I learned to become more of a team player, how to manage my time, and gained a lot product knowledge throughout my time there.
Great selling experience
Sales Exploration Guide (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 25, 2014
Great selling experience here. The managers were great and it was a fun place to work. The discount is rad.
Fast paced and exciting work environment
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, casual work attire, healthy lifestyle incentives
Cons: varying hours
Strong organizational skills are essential in the role of Stock Supervisor. Inventory results, audits, and loss prevention standards are all heavily impacted by the strength of the stockroom. As much time is also spent managing the sales floor, it is important to identify high priority tasks and maintain the flexibility to spend time as needed. I am fortunate to work with an excellent staff and fellow management team. Our sales numbers, audit scores, and shrink percentage are among the top in the company and result largely in part from excellent communication, effective training methods, and an overall positive work environment.
Awesome team
Stock Team Member (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 4, 2014
receive shipment , tag, censor, and price merchandise. fill the store floor with new product. maintain stock room clean and accident free.
Good culture
Planner (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: attending to the sales meeting was a great expereince
Cons: racial discrimination; predominantly white (very few minority)
Like any job, A lot of anyone successes depends on who your boss is, the type of management style and if the person gets the appropriate training. The management can make or break the position. In my case; it started hands-off and there was not any type of training. I believe that I was set to fail because during the first 6 months my cubicle was very far from the team. It was almost in another building/area so it was difficult to get any type of training and it was almost impossible. I never got any flow of communication due that the proximity of my desk in comparison to my own team. Therefore, the next months were critical for me because when I was placed closed to my team; I was almost as if I was a new person. My experience was not a fair situation, but I always tried my best to learn and get the most of my experience. Overall, I enjoyed the culture at TNF but not my particular experience.

I also believe TNF has a huge racial discrimination issue. The company is predominantly white, some Asians but very small number of Latinos. After I left TNF, I heard that four people from Latin America were having issues with their white bosses and one Indian person. Of all of them were all pushed out as if it was voluntary termination, but it was not. I have all of their testimonies.
Fast Pace Retail Awesome Atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: learned about the outdoor community and living .
Cons: retail hours lack of life balance
My typical day involved supporting the General Manager with back office duties. I would oversee inventory logs, maintain employee records, deliver and assure high quality customer services on the sales floor and online/phone orders. I enjoyed the challenge of merchandising products throughout seasonal changes to fit and tailor our store location and client needs.
the best!
Personal Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monroe OhioJuly 31, 2014
The best place I have ever worked! Hours are flexible! Management was amazing!!
great job
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
great work place but just need to go some where I can move up and see get something more like a careere
Fast paced and exciting place to work
Sales (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJune 11, 2014
At The North Face a typical day is very enthusiastic and fun. I learned many of the tricks to making sales. Selling is now a second nature to me! Management is outstanding and strive to make you an outstanding sales person. Your co-workers will make you better. Where they will become your friends, you will compete in many different aspects on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is keeping up to date on all of the merchandise. In order to be the best at selling a product, you need to know everything about the product. At The North Face they make sure that you have all of the knowledge in order to do this. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer and having them leaving the store satisfied and excited to return.

1 2 3 4

About The North Face

VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A – Read more