The North Face

The North Face Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Everyday had something interesting to do
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: listen to music and work, nice people to work with, team work
Cons: when you finished something too fast you're left with nothing to do
I loved working here. Everyday there was something that I did and I loved doing it. I worked at The North Face as a Stock Associate for 8 months and I kind of hate myself for leaving.

I was able to listen music while working, which made me work more efficiently. I did things I liked such as sorting, inventory, etc.

Management and coworkers were also – more... fun to talk to! They were a diverse bunch who always had a story to tell.

Probably the coolest place I have ever worked to date! – less
Lots of fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2014
Great resourceful training
Fun staff
Great discounts
Fair management
Lots of resources for improvement
Required to really engage with customers
Great place to work, great management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2014
Management great with willingness to work with you, answer questions, opportunities for advancement, great benefits
Footwear Designer
Footwear Designer (Current Employee), Sung NamMarch 16, 2014
- Responsible for trail running and outdoor lifestyle product
-Developed strong relationships with professional athletes to bring quality products to market.
Easy work environment with fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: working retail
Through this job I got to learn a great deal about outdoor equipment. It also encouraged me to try new outdoor activities. The management was understanding and nice.
this organization is in the charminar place, and it's good to work there
accountant (Current Employee), accountantFebruary 8, 2014
this organization is nice as compare to others NGO's but the salary is less that reason i am not satisfy the job.
Fast paced and well ran.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced company.
Cons: they moved to california in 2006.
Great place to work for. Extreme outdoor gear was our main distribution. The management team was great. I started out as a Supervisor and became the warehouse manager after just one year. Everyone worked very hard and the hardest part was meeting all the deadlines. The people were the best part of my job.
Management is always helpful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Upbeat environment to work with. Team work is always observed.
An average work day at The North Face
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
Pros: one hour breaks friendly managers and staff
Cons: there is a lot of downtime.
A typical day at The North Face is simply just interacting with my fellow peers, helping out customers and finding out their needs to make sure I provide exceptional customer service.
Exciting company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2013
Pros: work environment, retail pay, culture, benefits
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited unless you are able to relocate to other states.
The North Face is a fun and exciting company to work for. The company has a great culture, work environment, management, and benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for part time of full time work.
it is retail
Outdoor Equipment Sales Representative (Current Employee), Boise, IDNovember 13, 2013
retail can only be so good, especially when the management is terrible.
fun place to work
Sales Associate-Full time (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 8, 2013
Pros: handsome employee discount
Cons: sales
I loved it except for the sales part. I never liked being a salesperson. Otherwise an excellent company to work for!
A good workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: way too many staff members in such a small store
This is a great job for a part-timer. If your full-time it is a solid company to work fore. Great staff, decent workplace.
Good Job for High Schooler
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYAugust 24, 2013
This job required little to no experience in the retail feild. There was barely any structure within the company but they treated you well. A typical day would consist of meeting customers needs on the sales floor as well as at the registers.
Best company I've ever worked for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2013
Pros: employee discount, part timer benefits
Cons: short breaks, standing on your feet for long periods of time.
I worked at the outlet in Cincinnati for eight months. It was a great place to work. My coworkers were a great bunch and the managers were down to earth and easy to talk to. I learned a lot about all the different products that TNF sells. I was able to relate my past skiing experience into selling winter sports gear. The employee discount is insane. – more... I spent more than half of my paycheck on TNF merchandise because the deals were so good. Part timers accrue paid time off based on the number of hours worked. When I quit I had the equivalent of a week and a half worth of pay deposited into my checking account. I don't know of any other company that does that for part timers. The gift cards were also nice for hitting sales goals. I will always recommend their product to people. I hope to maybe one day work for them again except in the corporate offices in the graphic design studio. – less
A strong brand with integrity
DESIGN DIRECTOR, ACTION SPORTS (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: wear test travel to snowboard and mountain bike
Cons: limits to compensation. lack of long term path
One of the best jobs I've had. Working in Design, I really had an appreciation for the approach of working with athletes to develop product that worked for them which in turn trickled down to the consumer.
customer service
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJuly 18, 2013
taking orders for merchandise to be delivered to different stores
small fun team
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTJuly 2, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough hours
I really enjoyed working with the north face, On a day to day bases I would help set up the shop cleaning and dressing windows. I would approach customers and ask questions on what they where looking for and match the products to what they wanted.
Sales associate (explorer) (Current Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaJune 30, 2013
Pros: pay, management, products
Typical day of work is customer service and educating them on different technologies on certain products. Most people just want to know what will keep them dry and warm, in addition to what is stylish and doesnt make them look fat. Most people come in knowing what they want, but you'll get a few people who are totally clueless. Management (at my store) – more... is great they are very flexible and always try to work for your best interest. Really no hard parts to the job besides difficult customers, but that's the nature of retail – less
Fun low stress environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Freeport, MEJune 21, 2013
The hardest part of your job will but just standing on your feet all day. Otherwise this is an easy job but yet enjoyable. The people are great to work with. Management is very passive aggressive which cause a little stress from time to time.

About The North Face

VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A – Read more

The North Face Photos