The Nielsen Company

The Nielsen Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place where one can form bonds beyond professional relationships
Manager, Operations (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJAugust 12, 2013
Pros: empathetic managers and less politics
Cons: too many process to understand
The day usually starts with reviewing emails for any urgent issues that I need to address on a priority basis. Based on the emails and the current work in progress, I prioritize the tasks to address the most important and urgent issues first and carry on to the next task. Also, typically almost 25% of the day is spent in meetings, which are operational – more... in nature.

The best part about working in my current company is that unlike other corporates, there is less politics and more of a family kind of atmosphere. Most of the managers and colleagues are understanding and the management itself is very empathetic towards its employees. Whenever there are any personal issues which are hindering someones work people are always ready to go beyond their job roles and ready to help and provide the required guidance and support.

All my co-workers are highly educated and experienced professionals and every minute spent talking to them is like a great learning experience. Yes, definitely there are both good and bad things but ultimately it's up to us to take the good things and discard the not-so-good ones. This definitely leads to a lot of learning in terms of the industry knowledge of market research, operational learnings that are otherwise only handled at the higher levels, talking to and dealing with the client and understanding client requirements and other new concepts that enhances my knowledge and understanding of the market research industry as a whole.

The hardest part of my job is when the project I'm working on becomes too technical to handle. Also, since I'm relatively new in the process and the company, it is also sometimes the lack of understanding of a particular process that hinders normal work and poses a challenge. The good thing is that at the end of it I add a new learning which would definitely benefit me in understanding the process wholistically.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interactions I have with people from various countries and backgrounds. I interact with the US managers, the European managers, also with our partner companies which are in India and their employees. Dealing with each and every one of them and understanding their requirements is quite challenging and I love this challenge and give my best in addressing such varied requirements.

I have formed bonds which go beyond professional relationship and carry over to the weekends when we prefer gathering at a colleagues place either for a dinner party or plan for drives together and enjoy life outside office. – less
A Great company to work for
Field Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2013
One of the best companies that I have ever worked for. I have only positive things to say about this company.
Good place to learn
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: employees receive incentives when they work overtime and have good performance.
Cons: rarely reviewed employees performance.
You learn a lot about call centers and about how TV ratings come about. Nice employees that are really enthusiastic.
was a ok job had some issues
Receptionist (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYAugust 6, 2013
management could have been better and more helpful with concerns and or complaints.
Fun place to work, lots room for advancement
Data Production Associate UK (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLAugust 5, 2013
Typical day consists of meetings or group huddles, jumping into the work process and helping the team out whenever you can.
Good Company
Field Executive (DA Executive) (Former Employee), DelhiAugust 5, 2013
This is largest MR in India in 2nd number. All will work Hard.
Good working place
DA Auditor (Current Employee), Guwahati, ASJuly 31, 2013
Good working place,
Learned how to deal in the market,
Management is good,
Co workers are excellent, enjoyable.
Hardest part of the work is that, the work pressure is too much comparision to the salary given by the company.
Enjoyable part is that, each and every co worker is frank in nature, and when we go to the field, we can meet various kind of people, – more... it is very enjoyable to deal with them. – less
Awful
Product Placement Analyst (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJuly 30, 2013
Offshored most of the office to save money. Managers didn't even have college degrees, which was laughable.
Professionals with better environment
Configuration Lead (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 15, 2013
Pros: team tournaments, campaigns
Cons: healthcare
- Warm working environment, good collegues to work with.
- Learned to manage team and project in effiecient way
- meeting the deadlines and deliverables of the project in short span of time was critical.
- Team work is the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and fun place to work.
Public Affairs Communications Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2013
My co-workers were a joy to work with. It was really a team environment that I worked in.
Challenging place to work in
Retail Audit Research Executive (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 12, 2013
Working at Nielsen is a challenging experience. On one hand, there is a lot to learn from working alongside really experienced people whether in the company or on the client side.
On the other hand, work / life balance suffers a lot, and a lot of mismanagement fosters unhealthy competition among co-workers.
fun place to work, great hours, bonus
Panel Relation Specialist (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great ways for bonus
Cons: relocating
great benefits and great management team. holiday pays. lots of ways to earn bonus
Driven and motivated people
Continuous Analytics- Client Manager (Current Employee), Wilton, CTJuly 9, 2013
Great place to start your career if you ahve the right manager.
Go-getter atmosphere with focus on data integrity
Lead Program Integrator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2013
Over the past few years, Nielsen has been looking to grow its portfolio, improve performance (deliverables and financials), expand coverage, and drive cultural change. As a whole, Nielsen has been very successful on all accounts, primarily because the changes have been driven from the top down. This is not to say that there aren't lapses in morale or – more... performance, but with any massive change, this is expected. – less
Great Company
Integrated Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 2, 2013
Very helpful co-workers. Most are very intelligent. Great company.
It was a good experience to talk with a diverse group of people.
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJuly 1, 2013
I learned how to listen to what people are conveying by their tone of voice and terminology. The hardest part of the job for me was convincing senior citizens to get a weeklong TV viewing diary.
Visiting people on the phone was the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
No life, only work
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGJune 27, 2013
Pros: fair benefits
Cons: long hours, not good management
If you are ready to make your job the only thing in your life, there are great opportunities thee for you.
A good second job if you dont need to work year round
Team Leader (Current Employee), Radcliff, KYJune 26, 2013
Pros: you sit and work
Cons: it isnt consistant work year round
You have to want to work on telephones. If you are not a people person then don't apply.
Great company on the resume
Membership Representative (Current Employee), AnnoymousJune 13, 2013
Pros: phone, computer, and looks good on resume
Cons: it's all about the numbers....
Overall a good company. Needs better training and pay. We visit homes without an appointment and have to convince them to put a box on their televisions. Its not that hard to do, but I don't believe we get compensated enough for the hard work. There is also no positive reinforcement from those at the top.
Its project that I have worked in TCS
Procurement and Infrastructure Spend Approval (Former Employee), BangaloreJune 11, 2013
Its project that I have worked in TCS. Customers are friendly.

About The Nielsen Company

Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows! Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media – Read more

The Nielsen Company Photos