The Nielsen Company

The Nielsen Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Editor
Senior Editor / Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
• Edited material in order to ensure style and methodology were in keeping with corporate guidelines by recognizing factual, logical and grammatical inconsistencies and assuring language was clear.
• Wrote surveys measuring product placement on primetime television; surveys were published online and completed daily by a panel of respondents.
• Delegated – more... responsibilities to writing staff; enforced editorial protocols and met daily deadlines.
• Researched, analyzed and provided reports detailing key information to assist marketing teams.
• Collaborated with IT in initiating a customized system to track statistics related to target demographics. – less
Flexible with good management
Panel Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches and flexible environment
Cons: no set breaks
Relaxed environment with friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job was handling customer complaints and conflicts with scheduling field representatives.
Client centric and provides rich exposure
Research Executive (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLFebruary 14, 2014
Nielsen is a great place to work for any market research professional
Work environment is great...
Research Executive - Qualitative (Former Employee), New DelhiFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: seniors of the company are very approachable.
Cons: remuneration is not that great ... w.r.t amount of work expected to be handled
It was a great learning experience ! Is definitely are nice place to work at.
part time job
survey rep (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: hours
not enough hours a lot of waiting for calls had fun talking to people about what they liked to watch
Great atmosphere
Operations Support Administrator (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: job security, autonomy
Cons: salary compensation, recognition
I love the people I work with, and what I do here. The autonomy that I have been afforded by my managers has allowed me to develop multiple applications which have saved our department time, money, and effort.

The hardest part about my job is that I work by myself and have to tackle a myriad of IT related issues; Java problems with our proprietary – more... software, hardware and software questions from over 200 users (local and remote), develop a nightly report, maintain multiple databases that are used by the entire department. It's not always easy, but at the end of the night, it's the sense of accomplishment that I look forward to the most. – less
Challanging environment however meritocracy driven
Global Quality Leader (Current Employee), New YorkFebruary 4, 2014
New leadership encouraging organization and cultural change for the better.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and breakfast every friday
Cons: healthcare
A typical day working will be filing, answering phone, expense report, recruiting, ordering kitchen, office supplies and lunches, mail room, travel and limo arrangement, making Fed-ex and UPS labels, changing toner on copy machine, maintain conference room, etc. I love to be able and willing to help others in any way I can.
Productive work experience
Data Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaFebruary 2, 2014
I hired as a data analyst for Nielsen Company. While working with the company I explore myself in market research field, learn Nielsen market search tools and software.
always varied, never boring and plenty of freedom.
Auditor (Former Employee), variious locationsJanuary 28, 2014
My jobs were always interesting and varied. I particularly enjoyed the travel to various destinations, interviewing managers and business owners which meant I had the privilege of meeting people from all walks of life and even made lasting friendships with some.

The plus of my other work (for the same company) was that I was in air conditioning, and – more... in different shopping centres.

Our supervisor was a man that earned our respect by the way he treated and spoke to us. He was always willing to help, he always listened and pitched in when needed.

Being on the road most of the time, I didn't get to catch up with my co-workers except at our Christmas party, as we all lived in different areas.

Although being stuck in traffic isn't the most pleasant of experiences, I had the opportunity to listen to my collection of music to make the time go by. – less
Ehh
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJanuary 22, 2014
First job, temporary, random assortment of hours. Lets just ask yourself; "how do you treat people who call you asking you to do something and saying they will pay you?"
Probably the best research company
Research Manager (Former Employee), Jeddah, S02January 12, 2014
Pros: the best in research
Cons: poor work-life balance
The market leader in Research
The monopoly in Retail Audit
Excellent young workforce
Not very enjoyable with poor work-life balance
Great job exasperating management
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Perth, WAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: paid to exercise
Knocking on 100-200 doors each day, driving half an hour each day, walking 4 hours a day, working till it gets dark.
Learned how to respond to all types of householders.
My work was all SELF managed.
Those that I got to meet and who stayed the distance were great.
Reconciling my completion of data with the expectations of management.
Meeting people – more... and getting paid to exercise. – less
Outsourcing was implemented shortly after I started with the company in 2007
EVS Technical Support Technician (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: 9 paid holidays, immediate benefits
Cons: no job security
During the six years I was there, I watched them lay off people that were with the company 10-25 years. The company chose to out source 90 percent of the onsite employees and give the American jobs to an Indian contracting company.
It used to be a family oriented and fun place to work.....slowly changed as the culture of the company changed.
Customer Service
Emphasis on great customer service (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: worked with my schedule
Cons: not enough hours
Placed outgoing calls requesting participation in media research program. Emphasis on great customer service.
Great place to learn about the media.
Data Measurement Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2013
* Clients are crazy about their ratings.
* Great managers who made sure we learned what was essential.
* Always included interns on big projects and important meetings.
* Open and friendly environment, with hard working individuals.
* Great location.
Productive environment encourages continuous learning
Software Developer (Former Employee), Oldsmar,FLDecember 18, 2013
Productive environment encourages continuous learning.Enthusiastic work place with fun at work.
The Nielsen experience
Membership Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2013
Pros: well-known company, overall experiences, company's vehicle, independent role, no micromanagement, paid internet services, great 401k and health benefits
The Nielsen experience was a cultured and memorable one; indeed very unique. Not one day could be compared, each day was special in its own way. I met someone new everyday, and truly loved it. I could proudly say that the positioned I carried fit perfectly. The duties that I had to fulfill consisted of wearing many hats. I visited various affluent neighborhoods, – more... as well as poverty areas therefore, I was in tune with cultural diversity and continued to develop at large from the people that resided in these different types of society. I learned to persevere an outside business flow; in addition to being able to manage all my administrative work. I was volunteered by the company to take part in a couple of their pilot projects; I really enjoyed participating in their innovations. I was also presented to new hires; to shadowed my daily work. This was a very independent kind of job, you've made your own schedule and were not micromanaged, trust was a huge factor, especially when I first started with the company, they didn't have a way of tracking your time. Precision was a must; you had to know what you were doing, with a strong will and desire to succeed in this business. I endured a lot with this company and it was very rewarding. Like most jobs it had its ups and downs, but by far the ups overpowered the downs. It prepared me to perceive life's problems as challenges and seize each moment for what it is. I've learned to welcome each opportunity that comes my way and take it to its full potential and know that there are endless possibilities. – less
Fun place to work. Feels like family here.
Sr. Facility Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 4, 2013
Pros: weekly meetings, opportunity to learn
Cons: would have stayed, but the arbitron was merged with nielsen
Had a great team to work with. Learned how to do forecasting, purchase orders, looking to save money for the company with different vendors, also interacted with landlords to get the work orders completed in a timely manner. Enjoyed teaching others in my departement about various things they needed to learn.
great place to work for and great co workers and team players
Analyst (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great lunch time 45 minutes
Cons: short breaks
meeting deadlines ,great team players always met deadlines. going green in the work place . it was great work place, always learning new skills and share point, meeting the network deadlines working with the networks and venders, payroll. My position was outsouce to India. Nielsen was great job and was with the compay for 10+ years

About The Nielsen Company

Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows! Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media – Read more

The Nielsen Company Photos