The Nielsen Company Employee Reviews

Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham11 May 2013
Pros
- Great place to learn
- Room for advancement

Cons
- Bureaucracy
- Pay
An opportunistic company for individuals who are willing to make the commitment, take risk and failure to excel and succeed.
Vice President - National Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 June 2015
. There has never been a typical day at Nielsen, as VP of Operations which was the later part of my career I would review the status of the overnight ratings provide to the TV Networks, Agencies and Advertisers to ensure that the quality of the data met their standards. All anomalies where investigated. Managed staff, budgets, client and internal operational meetings.

. Given empowerment and the willingness to fail your way to success you can grow the business, but more importantly yourself.

. Management has been great and was always there to help those that wanted to help themselves.

. Over the years I have bonded with several co-workers and still remain in contact with them. The way I look at things is that I can always get along with anyone whether we agree to agree or disagree.

. The evolution in technology was for every changing and as part of my responsibility we had to monitor the viewing habits of all people and the technology they use to view television on.

. What I enjoyed was knowing that you were given a sample of the population the opportunity to provide them with the empowerment to tell the industry what was important and relevant to the TV viewing of Canadians.
Pros
Technology, Opportunity, Company
Cons
Technology