The Nielsen Company Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive workplace
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: breaks were good
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work would be coming in at the time my shift starts and getting assigned to a seat as well as a project and any other details or instructions about it.

I learned how to deal with people, how to work with people and how to deal with angry people who picked up the phone.
my co- workers were mostly people around my age going to school so it was nice being around a cool and collected environment. the hardest part of my job was the long hours and how they would usually try to make you work another hour. the other hard thing was dealing with angry people. Although, i did enjoy working there since it was in downtown and near where i live. i had friends who i talked too as well. it was fun because my co workers would turn the projects into games or competition
New management
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: bad management
If you're looking for work at home this job is the best job to have. It used to be a fast and convenient way to make money by sitting at home on the phone.

Personally I have worked for this company over the past four years and recently my experience with management made me leave. They're taking nit picking way too far on the morning shifts. Although being on the morning shifts means you have to be more professional it doesn't mean you have to be perfect.

I recently recommended a family member for this position and although he had top five productivity they fired him because of nit picking. This used to be a great job to make extra cash but now I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there.
low paying, low motivation, little advancement opportuinites
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 13, 2015
Pros: set own schedule
Cons: company is very un-willing to pay you for a job well done.
If you only speak English in Montréal or you need a job fast this is for you. Don't stay too long though, you will never earn a lot of money and they really don't care about you as an employee.
Top notch engineering company
Consultant (Current Employee), CalgaryApril 1, 2015
Pros: Excellent knowledgeable management, great location
Cons: parking is expensive
Good place to work, fun crew. Great variety of work. Got paid promptly. Competitive wages. Good clients. Good management. Everything that you need to do the job is available. Had a great Christmas party!!
Starter Company
Business Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 7, 2015
Great people, but poor management. Ability to work from home at times. Great way to learn about various companies.
Good place to learn if coming out of school.
Good company to work for, would like to go back again
- most clients are CPG & retail
- good contacts
- great exposure
fun workplace
Client information support specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 17, 2014
There is a good balance between working hard, learning and having fun while you are working. As we work in the CPG industry it is very interesting to learn about the different categories in the Market. Hair care, deli-meat, Yogurt, Beer. There is always something to learn
An opportunistic company for individuals who are willing to make the commitment, take risk and failure to excel and succeed.
Vice President - National Field Operations (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Technology, Opportunity, Company
Cons: Technology
. There has never been a typical day at Nielsen, as VP of Operations which was the later part of my career I would review the status of the overnight ratings provide to the TV Networks, Agencies and Advertisers to ensure that the quality of the data met their standards. All anomalies where investigated. Managed staff, budgets, client and internal operational meetings.

. Given empowerment and the willingness to fail your way to success you can grow the business, but more importantly yourself.

. Management has been great and was always there to help those that wanted to help themselves.

. Over the years I have bonded with several co-workers and still remain in contact with them. The way I look at things is that I can always get along with anyone whether we agree to agree or disagree.

. The evolution in technology was for every changing and as part of my responsibility we had to monitor the viewing habits of all people and the technology they use to view television on.

. What I enjoyed was knowing that you were given a sample of the population the opportunity to provide them with the empowerment to tell the industry what was important and relevant to the TV viewing of Canadians.
Great place to work!! Easy to balance life and work.
Client Information Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: no training provided to move on to the next steps
It was great to work in a team of 9 people. We helped each other out and asked for help if any issues or questions.

It was easy to balance both life and work.
Fun, challenging and learning new thing everyday
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: apply new technology in the market
Cons: short contract
Staff are great, learn to build computer and test new software. Management are very friendly. Have a good lunch cafeteria.
Productive and friendly environment
Part time Interviewer (Current Employee), BahrainJune 17, 2013
Opportunity to meet people with different experience and skills.
Daily we will get a chance to enhance our knowledge.
Friendly atmosphere and good management.
Good work/life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: tech savvy
Cons: no opportunity for growth
Great company to work for, minimal opportunity for growth and advance in the career.
very pleasant place of work
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee), MontrealOctober 21, 2014
the hours are flexible, the staff understanding and helpful
Nice and Relaxing..no pressure
Client Information Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 22, 2013
It was great, but things changed once the company decided to re-structure and off-shore work.
Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee), MarkhamMay 11, 2013
Pros
- Great place to learn
- Room for advancement

Cons
- Bureaucracy
- Pay