RMS Canada Applications Development is part of Nielsen’s GBS North America Consumer Service Delivery organization. Its mandate is to design, build and maintain software applications to support Nielsen Canada’s RMS production processes and external clients.
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for creating high-quality business software applications. Working with the user community and technical personnel, you will design and develop software, create system documentation and implementation plans, and provide technical support. You will serve as a knowledgeable resource/consultant to stakeholders and other technical associates with respect to product capabilities, business processes, change impacts and integration with other systems. You will participate in technical design reviews, component/code reviews and test result reviews to ensure that business and architecture requirements are met.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving and out-of-the-box thinking ability, proficiency in system design and programming, and will possess top-notch written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment, contribute ideas to the team and overcome obstacles is required.
- The ability to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies is required.
- The ability to work independently and maintain a results-oriented focus is required.
- An understanding of System Development Lifecycle concepts is required. Knowledge of ITIL would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of ergonomic user interface design principles is required.
- A minimum of 2 years in a software development role, including strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle PL/SQL, relational database technology and data warehousing is required. Expertise in some of C/C++, .NET and web development technologies would be beneficial.
- An undergraduate degree in math, computer science, information systems or related discipline is required.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information...