The News Group

The News Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy place to work. Timed at just about everything.
Production Clerk (Former Employee), St. John's NLSeptember 29, 2014
Easy going workplace, most people were nice to work with. Started in credit dept., moved to Stockroom, kept everything in its place and also picked and packed orders. Moved to office environment, and spent 2 years there doing office duties. Then worked on automatic tieline picking orders for all of NL.
Great bosses, easy work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 6, 2014
Pros: getting the latest celeb gossip
Cons: few hours
When on the job, you clean up shelves, replace old stock with new, and making sure the costumer gets help while you are in the store. This job requires organizational skills, to be able to clean up, and follow plans. Management was exceptional, always able to answer questions, and help if there is a lot of stock to put out. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after costumers, because lets be honest they are messy.
Job
Financial Accountant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 31, 2014
Very monotonous. Pure grinding of accounting work. Industry is in bad shape.
productive and provides stimulation and self-interest of company content
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee), Richmond BCFebruary 12, 2014
Overall good company to work for, good experience for providing with the merchandising services of books and magazines
Enjoyable work with very flexible work times
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Various Edmonton storesApril 30, 2013
Pros: i make my own work schedule
Cons: pay is low
I am in charge of merchandising a number of stores within a limited time frame. I have maintained excellent organizational skills and time management skills with this job. I work independently, but will consult store managers about special promotions or special placements of products when necessary.
Very enjoyable place to work
Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 21, 2013
I loved this job. The people were amazing and the work was fun. The shifts were all during the week and no weekends which was a huge bonus.
Awful work atmosphere
SBT Coordinator, Invoice Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioJanuary 6, 2013
Always under scrutiny, not understanding to personal issues, does not follow their own company guidelines. Canada creates the perfects the processes, and they then send the automated work to the states.
An Ok place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2012
Staff will get free magazines! friendly staff, small company not much room to grow.
Good compensation package
TRUCKDRIVER (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good pay, good vacation time allowance
Cons: varied hours, driving in winter weather, distance to work
I had to drive an hour to get to work. Starting times varied from 3:30 am to 7 am. I loaded my truck. Drove truck in middle and upper lower Michigan to make deliveries to many businesses. When were deliveries completed I came back and unloaded items returned by businesses and did paper work invoices downloading information off the hand held scanner. I learned how to use the hand held scanner and driving patterns to many locations. I got along well with management and my co-workers. Management always made it easy for me to adjust my vacation time so I could visit relatives out of state and attend special family events. This meant a lot to me.The hardest part of the job was the distance I had to drive to get to work. Also hard to have a good sleep pattern with the different starting times. As gas prices went up it cost a lot to get to work and back home. I enjoyed working in the book and magazine business. My Dad had worked in that business and eventually owned Young News so I was brought up at a very young age to learn about that trade.
It was a Job
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2014
scan 20 thousand publications of magazines and books for destroy
News Group
Project Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee), Marietta, GeorgiaDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: employees/managment
Learning new job related skills is one thing, but here in The News Group you proving yourself more than you increasing your knowledge. Management is all for self (self-involved).
Productive and a fun work place to read as many magazines and books you want
Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: 45 minute lunch breaks
Cons: short breaks don't really have time to eat your breakfast.
Off loading Trucks breaking them down, counting the product correctly making sure it's what's on the bill of lading. keeping the area clean. I learned the proper way of driving a Fork Lift correctly. My co workers are fun to work with and we work together really good. The hardest part to me is sometimes having to deal with a lot of the Truck driver's bad attitudes. The most enjoyable part of my job break time and I have a chance to communicate with co workers and my super visor.
AAFES MERCHANDISER
Subscription Merchandiser and Courier/Driver (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 25, 2014
Merchandiser supplier for AAFES Stores through out Central La
supvisor is great
merchandiser (Current Employee), lakeland,flAugust 5, 2014
Pros: dependable
Cons: pay rate
Honest work for honest pay. Sometimes very physical work. My boss is great
Simple and Productive Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), EverywhereJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: lots of driving
Would have a route of stores and go in weekly to do projects that were given. No a hard job once you are trained, you work by yourself but have bosses and others who do the same as you. Hardest part would be to making sure everything is done on time, but I enjoy meeting new people while working in the store for example managers, workers or just shoppers.
Great Company
Merchandising (Current Employee), AlabamaJuly 28, 2014
Stock different stores
Travel 75
Great company
I enjoy meeting different people
overall great
General Labor (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: pays good
Cons: short breaks
nice people to work with, great work inveiorment, easy going management
I worked for this company for over 17 years and was going no where
Route Sales Rep/Route Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), San AntonioJuly 15, 2014
Pros: i was off on the weekends and holidays
Cons: i was not making enough money and needed a change
I worked for this company for over 17 years and was a little nervous to make a move till I finally did when I was offered a better opportunity with Lance.
Great people to work with.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: nice people.
Cons: hard work for the money.
The people who you work with all have a great attitude. Very physical work for the money.
with technology our jobs were all lost
Warehouseman/Driver/Foreman (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 12, 2014
at the beginning it was a great place to work, once we found out tablets and smartphones were giving our business away for free all felt lost..

1 2 3