The New England Center for Children

The New England Center for Children Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The New England Center for Children
Level 2 teacher (Current Employee), Southborough, MAAugust 5, 2015
Working in the day school was very enjoyable. Seeing the childlren learn and change was the best part of the job. A typical day included running classes with the children, taking them swimming, to the gym, going to academics, and out in the community. Having time with the family is also a plus. From working at The New England Center for Children I have learned that ABA is a very affective tool for teaching children.
NECC
iluf (Former Employee), il7tMay 18, 2015
Pros: great kids
Cons: you are just a pay stub very little care for workers
Working with the kids is a joy but the staff are all little immature kids fresh out of college with no experience or understanding of the world
Hard work, but a great place
Level 2 Teacher (Former Employee), Southborough, MAFebruary 18, 2015
This is a great place to work. However this job can be very challenging on the mind and body. The work they do for kids is amazing.
Great Work Environment
Student Teaching (Former Employee), Concord, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: tuition reimbursment
Cons: low pay
I received my Masters Degree through NECC. They are a great school to work for if you are interested in pursuing a career in Special Education and ABA.
Great Place to work
Overnight Professional (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Overnight professional staff very helpful, respectful, accommodating of other responsibilities.
Educational Environment for Students and Teachers
Therapist (Current Employee), MAOctober 28, 2014
Students and teachers mutually learn from each other during the day. I learned new methods of teaching and behavior management techniques. I worked as a member of a team to collaborate about educational and social programs for students. I enjoy my job everyday.
Hard
Teacher (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 17, 2014
Difficult to see everyday struggles, staff worked together as a team to manage behaviors
Fun, challenging place to teach Children
Teacher (Former Employee), Southborough, MAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: children
Cons: tiring
I was an intern for the three months at NECC. Was a teacher who taught boys ages 13 to 22. Used ABA and positive reinforcement. We were trained in calm physical and group management.
Summary
Level 1 Teacher (Current Employee), Southborough, MAMay 25, 2014
Pros: it's very rewarding
Cons: very exhausting physically and mentally
Typical day at work is going in and working with each individual student based on their current IEP and guidelines as well as performing household chores and data collection. Doing our best to educate, improve independence, and safety of each student. Each person I work with is unique and skilled in the way they do their job and are great when communicating with and assisting other staff. The hardest part of the job is mostly the physical aspect of it which is necessary but exhausting. The most enjoyable part of my job is the connection you get with the student and the rewarding feeling you get when you see them making progress and hearing from their parents how they see their child progressing.
Job Truth
Level Two Teacher/ Assistant Case Manager (Current Employee), Southborough, MAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, schooling.
Cons: long weekends
Enjoyable Time working and helping the children learn. The only bad aspect of the job is the long weekend shift. But overall I had a positive experience here.
productive and fun
Speech therapist, (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZNovember 7, 2013
i started my day with going over answering any questions I had from the case managers regarding the students. then I go for a tour in teh classroom see the kids if there is any new issue raised up by the teachers. if I scedule any assessment I start with it, reviewing reports, had individaul sessions for some kids. I enjoy visiting all kids daily. the hard time in teh day if we have more than three assessment and they needs reports in short time. my supervisor is fantastic and I learned a lot from him
Great placeto work.
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee), Southborough, MAJune 4, 2013
Great place to work. At the center you are always learning and have room to move up in the work force if you show interest and motivation.
Decent first job
Level 2 Teacher (Former Employee), Southborough, MANovember 27, 2012
Pros: lots of room for advancement, tuition reimbursement
Cons: stress, hostile environment
It was a decent place to work but a very stressful environment. Not a great culture as far as new employees feeling welcome but some of the supervisors seem to care about you. Overall, a stressful environment but a great job to work at if you want to continue working with children or adults with severe special needs.
A good place to work at right out of college.
Level 2 Teacher, Case Manager, Shift Manager (Former Employee), Southborough, MAOctober 21, 2012
I worked one on one with teenage boys with Autism. The boys were low function and had self injurious behaviors and aggression to others. The job was very rewarding but physically hard.
Amazing but challenging
Intern (Former Employee), Southborough, MAMarch 6, 2012
NECC was truly a positive experience where everyone was friendly, helpful and intelligent. I learned a lot but it was very challenging working with some children and required a lot of patience.
Excellent learning environment
Level 2 teacher (Current Employee), Southborough, MAFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: work support, graduate program opportunities
Cons: hard to move up in the company
As an employer NECC was a great support system in helping me learn more about working with and teaching students with Autism and different developmental disabilities.
Industry