The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to: Build community, grow hope and support change. Following the example of Jesus, our mission is to deliver basic services, housing and employment programs to those in need and to partner with the community to address the root causes of poverty. We create opportunity for many to engage with their community in a productive and healthy manner and to worship God through acts of compassion.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment. At The Mustard Seed, you will have the opportunity to participate in a team that is committed to providing care with respect, and nurturing the seeds of change in the lives of our guests and residents.
The Tenant Services Coordinator will lead the coordination of a clear path from the conceptual vision to a fully operating support services infrastructure for the Affordable Housing Tower by November 2013.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating a Tenant Community in the Tower with intentional programs to support holistic health, independence and positive life change for the residents.
- Setting and documenting goals, strategies, policies, procedures, plans, implementation, staffing model & acquisition, training, documentation and quality assessment tools for Tenant Services.
- Predicated on housing first, housing plus, TMS’s vision, mission and values as well as in keeping with third party agreements signed;
- Research, analyze and incorporate best Tenant Services practices in providing Supportive Housing for the Tower. Including best practices as documented in Corporation for Supportive Housing’s The Seven Dimensions of Quality for Supportive Housing (www.csh.org);
- Jointly work with Property & Asset Management Manager to develop, implement and document policies and procedures in regards to Homes for the Homeless Tenants. In particular with Tenant Selection Model, In-take procedure, Orientation, Rent payments and arrears, crisis procedures, grievance and community building;
- Establish referral partnerships & MOU’s with Community Partners;
- Establish partnerships with The Mustard Seed’s program areas;
- Working closely with TMS’ Director of Housing to ensure the Tenant Services for the Tower are in-line with the TMS’ direction.
- Produce Tenant Services Operation Manual for the Tower;
- Transfer all Tenant Services Operation Manual, documentation, information and communication to the Director of Housing.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Tenant Services is an asset;
- Understanding of homelessness and desire to work with marginalized individuals;
- Experience with building partner relationships;
- Analytical, process oriented and good interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic, naturally takes initiatives and not afraid to cold calls;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a cross functional team;
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Strong administrative and computer skills;
- This is a permanent fulltime position. Location = Calgary, downtown
- Start date is ASAP;
- As we are a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement with our statement of faith.
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
The Mustard Seed
102 11 Ave SE, Calgary AB, T2G 0X5
Deadline for submission: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Mustard Seed jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Indeed - 5 months ago
The Mustard Seed Street Ministry is a non-profit Christian humanitarian organization that has been providing services for the homeless, stre...