The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to: Build community, grow hope and support change. Following the example of Jesus, our mission is to deliver basic services, housing and employment programs to those in need and to partner with the community to address the root causes of poverty. We create opportunity for many to engage with their community in a productive and healthy manner and to worship God through acts of compassion.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment. At The Mustard Seed, you will have the opportunity to participate in a team that is committed to providing care with respect, and nurturing the seeds of change in the lives of our guests and residents.
The Property & Asset Management Specialist will lead the coordination of a clear path from the conceptual vision to a fully operating Property and Asset Management infrastructure, modeled after best practices, for the Affordable Housing Tower by November 2013.
This role requires researching, planning, developing, implementing and documenting policies, procedures and plans; defining, planning, budgeting, hiring, training and implementing a work force team; and procuring contractors/suppliers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the research, planning, development, implementation and documentation to build a Property & Asset Management Operation and Manpower Infrastructure for the Tower;
- Research, learn and incorporate the best practices in P&AM operation and manpower infrastructure for Affordable Supporting Living. In particular, use The Seven Dimensions of Quality for Supportive Housing issued by Corporation for Supportive Housing as a quality standard;
- Work closely with Housing Department and Tenant Services in all decision making;
- Procurement of a computerized Property & Asset Management system to provide cost effective financial and facility management procedures, documentations, communications and controls;
- Define and document all policies and procedures pertaining to the Property & Asset Management for the Tower. Including but not limiting to the Tenant Screening Process, Confidentiality Policies, Lease Agreement (also factor in time period of possible Tenant hospitalization without termination of the lease), In-Take and Move-In Procedures, Rent Collection and Non-payment procedures, establishment and reinforcement of House Rules, Tenants rights & grievance procedure, Fire and Safety, Eviction, Bed Bugs preventive measures, Visitor, Communications data package (Phone/Cable TV/Internet) arrangement, maintenance requests and facility management etc.;
- Define requirements for Maintenance and Janitorial services RFPs. Work with FF&E & Special Projects Coordinator to issue and manage RFPs;
- Procure contractors to provide garbage collection, snow removal, lawn maintenance, heat & air ventilation services, fire distinguishers etc. as needed;
- Document Property & Asset Management Manual for the Tower, Tenant Handbook and other documentation required for staff training, legal documents and forms;
- Create a Marketing Plan to attract Tenants from targeted population;
- Ensure the Tower is in full occupancy before the end of November 2013.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Accreditation: Certified Property Manager
- Preferably have a University or at least 2-year Diploma Degree
- Experience with Affordable Supportive Housing is an asset;
- Understanding of homelessness and desire to work with marginalized individuals;
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Property & Asset Management;
- Experience in managing budgets and contracts;
- Analytical, process oriented and good interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic, naturally takes initiatives;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a cross functional team;
- Strong writing, documentation, computing and administrative skills;
- Ability to learn and build.
- This is a Temporary fulltime position. Location = Calgary, downtown;
- Start date is ASAP;
- Some travel to off-site meetings;
- As we are a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement with our statement of faith.
Please forward cover letter and resume by: December 07, 2012 to:
The Mustard Seed
102 11 Ave SE, Calgary AB, T2G 0X5
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Mustard Seed jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.