The Mustard Seed is a Christian not-for-profit organization that build community, grows hope and support change. Following the example of Jesus, our mission is to deliver basic services, housing and employment programs to those in need and to partner with the community to address the root causes of poverty.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment. At The Mustard Seed, you will have the opportunity to participate in a team that is committed to providing care with respect, and nurturing the seeds of change in the lives of our guests and residents.
With over 200 employees across Alberta, The Mustard Seed is seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resource Manager will lead The Mustard Seed’s human resource activities providing leadership, direction and services to employees, managers and directors. The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for achieving the human resource team’s strategic goals and The Mustard Seed’s human resource initiatives, processes and programs in the areas of recruitment, new employee onboarding, policy development, compensation and benefits, organizational development, recognition, retention, performance management, employee development, employee engagement and employee communications.
As a senior leader at The Mustard Seed:
- You must be passionate about helping the less privileged and possess a genuine
desire to be a part of ending homelessness in Alberta.
- You must be service-oriented.
- You must foster collaboration, partnership and synergy with other stakeholders.
- You must thrive on working within a results-driven, progressive not-for-profit
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree or diploma in human resources or an equivalent combination of education and
- At least seven years’ experience in human resources, including a minimum of three
years of management experience.
- Demonstrated strong general business acumen
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels, including senior management and peers
- Preferably, a Certified Human Resources Professional designation
- This is a permanent position, located in downtown Calgary.
- Start date is ASAP.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in
agreement and sign our statement of faith.
Please forward cover letter and resume by October 31, 2012 to:
The Mustard Seed
102 11 Ave SE, Calgary AB, T2G 0X5