The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to: Build community, grow hope and support change. Following the example of Jesus, our mission is to deliver basic services, housing and employment programs to those in need and to partner with the community to address the root causes of poverty. We create opportunity for many to engage with their community in a productive and healthy manner and to worship God through acts of compassion.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment. At The Mustard Seed, you will have the opportunity to participate in a team that is committed to providing care with respect, and nurturing the seeds of change in the lives of our guests and residents.
As part of Calgary’s leading team helping the homeless find and keep sustainable employment, the Employment Resource Facilitator provides generous support to the Employment Team; ensuring all administrative and resource needs are met. The Resource Facilitator is also a liaison to other Mustard Seed departments, community employers and external agencies to assist in breaking the stigmas of homelessness. The Employment Facilitator is abundantly resourceful, is an unparalleled organizer, an effective communicator and a consummate multi-tasker. This support role requires an approachable “can do” attitude.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and screen phone calls to the Employment Centre;
- Check and manage the Employment Centre email address;
- Process referral/application forms and help facilitate client intakes;
- Track and compile employment statistics and distribute related reports;
- Write and/or assemble internal communications;
- Schedule training opportunities for Employment staff - under direction of the Employment Manager;
- Schedule and communicate with volunteers;
- Coordinate work boot and work wear donations to the Employment Centre;
- Assist Employment Coaches with filing and data entry when necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in developing new and existing partnerships with Calgary agencies;
- Be the main contact with partner agencies and provide required support;
- Assist in assessing client suitability for partner agencies;
- Connect Employment Coaches and their clients to partner agency representatives;
- Schedule and organize education sessions for employers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in Human Services or 2 years’ experience in an administrative support role;
- High proficiency in MS Office software - Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong knowledge base of the social service sector;
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 5);
- Organized with high attention to detail;
- Professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with confidential information;
- Experience working with volunteers an asset;
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and finance.
- This is a permanent fulltime position. Location = Calgary, downtown;
- Start date is ASAP;
- Office setting but mobility is required to reach out to external agencies (vehicles provided);
- As we are a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement with our statement of faith.
Please forward cover letter and resume by: December 07, 2012 to:
The Mustard Seed
102 11 Ave SE, Calgary AB, T2G 0X5
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Mustard Seed jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.