Reporting to the Mortgage Broker and Branch Manager, the Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for rendering credit decisions on incoming applications consistent with internal and insurer policies, underwriting mortgage commitments, and verifying supporting documentation as submitted by mortgage brokers.
Render approval/decline decisions on incoming applications consistent with internal and insurer policies
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent
to the credit decision process on each mortgage application, as presented by the broker
- Apply internal guidelines to the credit decision process.
- Negotiate loan terms (where applicable) in order to satisfy the interests of the broker, the client and Investors.
- Prioritize deal queue in order to minimize turnaround time.
- Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied by the solicitor and the broker prior to funding.
- Using the Expert underwriting system, input: selected conditions, credit information, property details, and borrower information.
Verify supporting documentation for each application
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal, and financial documentation
- Review documentation for compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Correspond with mortgage brokers to attain outstanding documentation needed to complete requirements as stipulated on the commitment.
2 years mortgage experience preferred
Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Strong analytical skills
Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues as they arise
Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
Must have minimum 2 years experience in Private Mortgage Lending/Finance or Brokering
Must possess either a Mortgage Agent or Broker's license.
APPLICANTS MUST SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO THE ATTENTION OF MR. DAWE
We are an equal opportunity employer, however, only applicants that are suitable for the position will be contacted. Please note this position is strictly commission. Only serious applicants should apply.